work ethic 13; durability 14 Topic

quick question - will someone with Work ethic at 13 regress during the off season?  I know the growth will be snails pace... but wondered if he'll essentially have to start over each season.

follow-up question.... anyone notice more injuries with durability at 14?

I almost never have injuries, think it may be worth a trial - realizing he is higher risk....

thanks
3/22/2013 6:08 PM
He will lose a lot of what he gains during the season. He may keep a few points each season but basically what you see now is what you will see as a Senior.

I never look at Durability during recruiting. It used to influence the frequency of injury but that was eliminated a long time ago.
3/22/2013 6:19 PM
carl, I've taken single-digit durabilities before and had them go 4 years without mishap. Like Weena (there's a phrase I can rarely utter), I don't even look at it when assessing a kid for my team. 
3/22/2013 6:28 PM
Right: Roll the dice on durability.  You really might get an injury, you really might not.  WE at 13, though?  Unless he's good enough to contribute right now, and you don't ever need him to be better, dump him.
3/22/2013 7:22 PM
With a low WE, most growth will be lost. Grabbed a player with a 9 WE once (didn't even look) because he was Highs in all the important things. He gained about 40 points in 4 seasons, and got his IQ up to a B+ by the end of the 4th year. Biggest thing, you better really like him as he is now.     
3/22/2013 7:32 PM
Thanks guys
3/22/2013 11:44 PM
does durability go down after an injury? it should. realistic injuries would be kinda awesome (though i agree super frustrating, so maybe better for their business if they rarely happen)
3/23/2013 2:45 AM
does durability go down after an injury? it should. realistic injuries would be kinda awesome (though i agree super frustrating, so maybe better for their business if they rarely happen)
3/23/2013 2:45 AM
It doesn't.
3/23/2013 11:00 AM
I see durability as more of a grade than a rating, like FT shooting but a number. They should probably make durability a grade and FT shooting a number. Anyhow. That grade is constant and if injuries do occur that grade represents recovery speed. The actually injury should make core ratings go down(ath,spd,sta, etc) and based on the grade of durability those ratings improve proportionately.
3/23/2013 12:53 PM
durability has no effect on the chances of an injury

will affect how fast he recovers

WE that low means he will not improve much - but if you like him the way he is now grab him

his low WE must be because he is afraid of hurting himself!
3/23/2013 2:00 PM
My last two injuries have been to guys with 90+ durability. I've had two guys with under 5 durability make it four years without a problem. 
3/23/2013 3:39 PM
Posted by Weena on 3/22/2013 6:19:00 PM (view original):
He will lose a lot of what he gains during the season. He may keep a few points each season but basically what you see now is what you will see as a Senior.

I never look at Durability during recruiting. It used to influence the frequency of injury but that was eliminated a long time ago.
when was it eliminated? i thought it was just that injuries were greatly lessened, and the impact of durability was lessened in the probability side of things (but was still present), but played a major role in recovery time, still.

however, i do agree with weena, totally ignore durability. its not even good enough to be a tie breaker. 
3/23/2013 3:42 PM
Yeah, are we sure about that?  Small sample, anecdotal, but I've had a fair number of injuries and they've pretty much always been to low DUR guys.
3/23/2013 4:14 PM
work ethic 13; durability 14 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.