Has anyone else noticed a spike in injuries lately? I coach 3 teams and I've had one player hurt twice in OOC, then on another team I've had 2 players with random minor injuries. None of the injuries have been serious, maybe cost me a game or two in the waning moments, but I've never seen this before and feel maybe injuries have become more prevalent.

The players in question do have lower durability so I'm not so much shocked, but I've had players in the past who have had low durability and have been injury free their entire carreers. If anyone has noticed this as well please post your latest experiences as I'd love to see if this is some new trend.
4/3/2013 4:05 PM
Has it been three months already? 
4/3/2013 4:34 PM
lol is this a common topic? 
4/3/2013 5:40 PM
I believe it comes up on a fairly regular basis. I started one of these myself.
4/3/2013 6:41 PM
I just had my first guy go down this season! Out for 5 or 6 games, I believe. One injury anecdote can support that there's a "trend," right?? 
4/3/2013 10:25 PM
I have still never had a player sustain any type of injury
4/3/2013 10:39 PM
Posted by clouseb on 4/3/2013 10:39:00 PM (view original):
I have still never had a player sustain any type of injury
countdown to injury after the forum post jinx
4/4/2013 8:52 AM
That's what makes it crazy... I don't think I had an injury at all in the first year I played the game and it's like now the engine is making up for lost time lol...
4/4/2013 8:52 AM
Maybe you should start recruiting players with higher durability ratings. Be careful, though, they are highly sought after commodities and you may have to engage in battles especially for the guys with the real high durability ratings.
4/4/2013 9:02 AM
Posted by bistiza on 4/4/2013 9:02:00 AM (view original):
Maybe you should start recruiting players with higher durability ratings. Be careful, though, they are highly sought after commodities and you may have to engage in battles especially for the guys with the real high durability ratings.
And those who look great based on Player Roles!

Kidding aside, after a few injuries, all to low-DUR players, I have looked twice at DUR as a tiebreaker.  It's tough to find a tie that goes that far down the list of tiebreakers, though.  FT% and eye color tend to come first.

4/4/2013 9:12 AM
I have never paid attention to durability as many coaches have advised in the forums... I've even read about people complaining about major injuries from high durability players. I  still havent had a major injury that would require a medical RS, knock on wood... but it seems injuries are just random oddities of the game. What durability rating would you start with? That category seems to just add to overall but I'm all for what works.
4/4/2013 1:32 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.