I guess I'm a bit in shock over this, while combing over my roster, I just saw that my PG won D2 National Player of the Year!  Boom!

He's only a junior, he's not gonna leave is he?  Any chance he gets drafted after next season?

http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=0&pid=2337140

4/11/2013 8:54 PM
I know little to nothing about the draft/early decision process, but his defense isn't even 50.... zero chance, but there's at least a 20% chance you used this as a humble brag ;)
4/11/2013 9:01 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 4/11/2013 8:54:00 PM (view original):
I guess I'm a bit in shock over this, while combing over my roster, I just saw that my PG won D2 National Player of the Year!  Boom!

He's only a junior, he's not gonna leave is he?  Any chance he gets drafted after next season?

http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=0&pid=2337140

there is exactly 0% chance he leaves early. congrats on the POY though!
4/11/2013 9:03 PM
Lol, damn right, I'm pumped man...it's nice to be reminded how much you (or I in this case) love this game...trust me I want him for his senior season.  Also note that he's from Rhode Island.  Mount Olive is in North Carolina and he was pretty much an afterthought in recruiting, I don't really recruit outside of a 5 or 6 state radius, so for me to land a D2 recruit from New England that's done this for me...man...it's awesome
4/11/2013 9:04 PM
d2 dont't leave early
4/11/2013 11:04 PM
Posted by tianyi7886 on 4/11/2013 11:04:00 PM (view original):
d2 dont't leave early
In Tark in season 53, Notchflaw at E.Central (D2, Lone Star Conference) had a D2 Center named Gerald White declare early after his Junior season. It's the only time I've seen it happen, but it has happened before. He ended up going 42nd in the draft.

It's actually kind of nice to be able to pull up all that old stuff to verify things from time to time. I knew it had happened but didn't want to post unless I could get the specifics right.
4/12/2013 2:13 AM
jmharlow's Joseph Weston for D2 Cal, SD declared after his redshirt JR year and went 18th in the draft. However, that was after a D2 national title and i can tell you first hand, that kid was an absolute stud. THE best d2 player i've ever seen, he could have started for 95% of D1 teams.
4/12/2013 2:45 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.