My and only my recruits targeted by 2 new coaches Topic

Posted by mbriese on 4/15/2013 8:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by udm_mike on 4/15/2013 7:42:00 PM (view original):
That really sucks.  I'm not very tech savvy at all, but is there a way for WIS to find out if the coaches at these schools are connected to main accounts?  Ban them for life if you ask me.  That kind of thing has no place here.
Unless they're using a proxy on their separate accounts, WIS can track the users through their IP addresses.
I was gonna say this.
4/16/2013 12:33 AM
I wish we knew the full details of what happened here...dshook explained it pretty well, but some/many of the particulars are missing, like mileage, state, quality, etc.  I'm not saying he isn't being targeted or poached on purpose, it could very well be happening, but there have been times where another school and I are on all of the same recruits, and it's simply because of quality and proximity, not because shenanigans are afoot.

I think poaching can be a hard "crime" to prove, WIS has to make a lot of judgment calls about intangibles, intent, malice, motive? etc., so at the very least I hope they're careful...and if the team with more money gets the recruit they're seeking, I mean really, what's wrong with that?  Maybe like Curly Howard, you're just a victim of circumstance?

4/16/2013 12:41 AM
The recruits were in New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, and Colorado. At least the ones I saw. I was considering going after the Colorado one (I'm at a California school). 
4/16/2013 1:00 AM
Posted by colonels19 on 4/16/2013 12:41:00 AM (view original):
I wish we knew the full details of what happened here...dshook explained it pretty well, but some/many of the particulars are missing, like mileage, state, quality, etc.  I'm not saying he isn't being targeted or poached on purpose, it could very well be happening, but there have been times where another school and I are on all of the same recruits, and it's simply because of quality and proximity, not because shenanigans are afoot.

I think poaching can be a hard "crime" to prove, WIS has to make a lot of judgment calls about intangibles, intent, malice, motive? etc., so at the very least I hope they're careful...and if the team with more money gets the recruit they're seeking, I mean really, what's wrong with that?  Maybe like Curly Howard, you're just a victim of circumstance?

Most of what you said is true, but the fact that they're ONLY going after his recruits (with many spots of their own to fill) would make it incredibly unlikely.  They're clearly stupid because all it would take is a few hundred dollars to get other random recruits to consider them and make his argument a lot tougher to accept.  But, thankfully, they (or he/she) are/is stupid.
4/16/2013 7:59 AM
Also, all the schools are located in NY state (OP at Bard, perp with SUNY Geneseo and Union).  The perp wanted to make sure he could win any battle, so he specifically chose these schools to get the max openings/max $$$ and also chose schools close to the Bard to ensure the distance for any kid he chased after could be matched from a cost standpoint, ensuring Bard would lose any battles for any kids he went after.  IMO of course
4/16/2013 9:14 AM
Maybe the suspect is a big Steely Dan fan in the way he's choosing to stick it to dshook?
4/16/2013 10:06 AM
A C+ and C- winning battles over an A+ and only recuruiting players the A+ was on and not filling all of their open spots? I think one of the players was a DII dropdown that a C rated team would never see unless they were poaching. Sounds fishy. If WIS can figure out both teams are actually owned by the same person that's a violation and they will be banned and the players should be released but you may be looking at transfers for next season. What a joke. What a classless move.   
4/16/2013 12:28 PM
Yes, one of them was definitely a dropdown. I'm an A- school who got a backup message. 
4/16/2013 1:51 PM
Are you seriously crying about this?
4/16/2013 4:08 PM
Posted by Reisscards on 4/16/2013 4:08:00 PM (view original):
Well, I guess the answer would be yes. 

It just seems odd to me that two teams coached by two new guys would each take 3 recruits from me simultaneously. Would a new coach or coaches really target a team with a much higher prestige and engage them on three recruits? Is there a thread on here that says that would be a good idea for a newbie?

These being the only recruits for them for nearly two days. Union has since added four guys. SUNY G still has no others and five open spots. 

So you just think that this is a recruiting lesson I've learned the hard way? I see you've had a ton of experience here and would be interested in your opinion. 
4/16/2013 4:30 PM
Posted by Reisscards on 4/16/2013 4:08:00 PM (view original):
do you seriously not see a problem with this?   What is wrong with having CS do their job and investigate a customer complaint/concern.  If CS comes back with a definite answer that they checked credit card information, ip addresses, and whatever other methods are available to see if they are unique users, then sure at that point he has no choice to move on.  I still think it would be completely appropriate to come on here and ***** about the most unlikely bad luck recruiting story that it would be.

At the very least you have to admit it sounds more odd than the normal bad luck recruiting session.

4/16/2013 4:34 PM
So what happens if he gets garbage recruits and it turns out somebody cheated to make it happen?
4/16/2013 4:50 PM
what if dhook created those accounts and used them to take his own players, in an effort to invoke sympathy, and maybe, to get seble to give him all the guys he targeted, to mitigate the damage??
4/16/2013 5:13 PM
Posted by abitaamber on 4/15/2013 5:51:00 PM (view original):
Keep in mind that they just gave away a code for free teams, so someone could easily sign up for a bunch of new teams under a ton of different new IDs.
wait, what? free HD is back?
4/16/2013 5:14 PM
Lol.......hmmmmm....do you think that would have worked?
4/16/2013 5:24 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...8 Next ▸
My and only my recruits targeted by 2 new coaches Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.