Multiple teams in one world Topic

Posted by Trentonjoe on 4/17/2013 10:20:00 AM (view original):
Why would you want a second team in the same world?  Why wouldn't you just take a team in  a different world.   I am not trying to be a jerk, I just don't see a valid reason to have a 2nd team.
Most coaches will tell you the same thing. They want to move up to D2 or D1, but don't want to leave the Dynasty they built.

That's not the issue though. There are friends and family who play this game that share the same dorm room, live under the same roof, or work in the same office who may or may not be sharing information. In one world, I accept the fact that I'm recruiting against a family who are all in the same conference. I take that as a challenge rather than sending seble a nasty gram that they all should be eliminated.

4/17/2013 10:57 AM
the main reason for multiple accounts in one world is that you built up some good relationships/rivalries/teams in d3 (or d2), but at the same time wanted to move up for whatever reason. so, you create a new ID to take over your old team, and move up with the initial ID.

or, you are already in a world at a certain level and join again at a new school to play with RL friends, or in a more challenging conference, or whatever. Very few of the reasons include cheating.

and, if you eliminate multiple account holders, the worlds will just be that much more empty, by virtue of having taken away a team someone may have put 30, 40, 50 seasons (and cash) into.
4/17/2013 11:02 AM
Hacker, all due respect, but I don't think you quite understand why this is puzzling to some of us.  In your example, these two friends in the same dorm room, my guess is they would each make their unique user IDs. If they want to be in the same world, so be it.  Of course collusion like this will happen, it's human nature. What I, and a few others is seems, are confused about is why the SAME person would want multiple teams in the same world.  There are a seemingly endless supply of D3 teams, across all worlds, running all sorts of offenses, defenses, and with varying class structures.  Why would someone require multiple teams in the same world?
4/17/2013 11:02 AM
Valid points wronoj, thank you
4/17/2013 11:04 AM
So this isnt just for the same division this is User A cannot have a team in DI and DII in the same world??
4/17/2013 11:11 AM
Consider the factor that being a successful recruiter takes hard work and a fair  amount of time.  If you have 2 teams in the same world as opposed to 2 teams in different worlds, the amount of time needed is considerably less.  That's a significant factor that shouldn't be overlooked. 
4/17/2013 11:12 AM
Posted by jkumpulanian on 4/17/2013 11:02:00 AM (view original):
Hacker, all due respect, but I don't think you quite understand why this is puzzling to some of us.  In your example, these two friends in the same dorm room, my guess is they would each make their unique user IDs. If they want to be in the same world, so be it.  Of course collusion like this will happen, it's human nature. What I, and a few others is seems, are confused about is why the SAME person would want multiple teams in the same world.  There are a seemingly endless supply of D3 teams, across all worlds, running all sorts of offenses, defenses, and with varying class structures.  Why would someone require multiple teams in the same world?
You'd be surprised at how many have 3 accounts in the same world so they can manage a D1, D2, and D3 team in the same world. You ask why? I think in most cases, a coach creates a D3 team. Makes a dynasty and wants to move up and try D2, but doesn't want to leave the dynasty they built behind, so they move up and new account takes over the old team. Or they create a new account and get to D2 as fast as possible. Then the itch to move to D1 hits. Before you know it, you have the same guy with 3 accounts in the same world with 3 teams in each classification.

My point is how is he different than 3 guys sharing a dorm room at Drury University in Springfield, MO using 3 different teams?

4/17/2013 11:15 AM
Posted by mmt0315 on 4/17/2013 11:11:00 AM (view original):
So this isnt just for the same division this is User A cannot have a team in DI and DII in the same world??
That's right.  If I were a tad unscrupulous and so inclined, it'd be pretty easy to help my D2 recruiting with my D1 FSS for example.
4/17/2013 11:16 AM
My point is how is he different than 3 guys sharing a dorm room at Drury University in Springfield, MO using 3 different teams?
I don't understand... how is one guy with three teams at all like three guys with a team each, other than the fact that a single computer is involved?
4/17/2013 11:19 AM
Posted by llamanunts on 4/17/2013 11:19:00 AM (view original):
I don't understand... how is one guy with three teams at all like three guys with a team each, other than the fact that a single computer is involved?
the ability to share information to benefit 3 teams instead of just 1.
4/17/2013 11:21 AM
Cheaters will always find a way to cheat (claiming a family member, using a different credit card, etc.), all this would do is eliminate those people who are using it without the intent to cheat. If this were implemented, it would only hurt the honest people!!
4/17/2013 11:23 AM
Well, in one case the guy is "sharing" it with himself - a non-competitor.  It's a single guy just plain cheating, assuming he uses any info between teams.  In the other, it's three guys who presumably are in competition with each other.  That's the kind of what-if (har har) you kind of have to tolerate.  My brother and I both play.  My two oldest friends play.  However, we're not sharing.  We want to kick each other's *****.
4/17/2013 11:25 AM
Posted by jdno on 4/17/2013 11:12:00 AM (view original):
Consider the factor that being a successful recruiter takes hard work and a fair  amount of time.  If you have 2 teams in the same world as opposed to 2 teams in different worlds, the amount of time needed is considerably less.  That's a significant factor that shouldn't be overlooked. 
I don't mean to be a jerk (but I more or less can't stop it, I am from NJ) but that seems like an unfair advantage.   If it's easier (takes less time) to recruit because you have two teams it seems kinda silly to allow it.  
4/17/2013 11:31 AM
Posted by wronoj on 4/17/2013 11:02:00 AM (view original):
the main reason for multiple accounts in one world is that you built up some good relationships/rivalries/teams in d3 (or d2), but at the same time wanted to move up for whatever reason. so, you create a new ID to take over your old team, and move up with the initial ID.

or, you are already in a world at a certain level and join again at a new school to play with RL friends, or in a more challenging conference, or whatever. Very few of the reasons include cheating.

and, if you eliminate multiple account holders, the worlds will just be that much more empty, by virtue of having taken away a team someone may have put 30, 40, 50 seasons (and cash) into.
Again, I am not trying to be a jerk but this seems silly to me.   If you like where you are you stay.   If you like where you are but want to move up, join another world, put in the season and move up.   

It's not like you can't do what you want without having two teams in the same world.
4/17/2013 11:34 AM
Posted by llamanunts on 4/17/2013 11:25:00 AM (view original):
Well, in one case the guy is "sharing" it with himself - a non-competitor.  It's a single guy just plain cheating, assuming he uses any info between teams.  In the other, it's three guys who presumably are in competition with each other.  That's the kind of what-if (har har) you kind of have to tolerate.  My brother and I both play.  My two oldest friends play.  However, we're not sharing.  We want to kick each other's *****.
I know. I'm not arguing for or against this issue. I'm just playing devil's advocate.

the person that used FREEHD to created multiple accounts  is what caused the issue discussed in the other thread.

When you think about it, this is somewhat like the gun control argument.

Person = Shooter
Accounts = AR-15
FREEHD = bullets

Obviously my stance is it's the shooter and not the AR-15 or bullets.
4/17/2013 11:36 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...15 Next ▸
Multiple teams in one world Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.