Multiple teams in one world Topic

Posted by Trentonjoe on 4/17/2013 11:31:00 AM (view original):
Posted by jdno on 4/17/2013 11:12:00 AM (view original):
Consider the factor that being a successful recruiter takes hard work and a fair  amount of time.  If you have 2 teams in the same world as opposed to 2 teams in different worlds, the amount of time needed is considerably less.  That's a significant factor that shouldn't be overlooked. 
I don't mean to be a jerk (but I more or less can't stop it, I am from NJ) but that seems like an unfair advantage.   If it's easier (takes less time) to recruit because you have two teams it seems kinda silly to allow it.  
It's less time consuming than having 2 teams in separate worlds, not that it's easier with 2 teams in the same world vs. just having 1 team in a given world..
4/17/2013 11:43 AM
Allow it, but have a distance and level requirement.

You can have USC and a DII team in georgia for instance.
4/17/2013 11:47 AM
My only worry with this is, I'm not sure how many user have multiple ID's with teams in the same world, (I don't)  but if there are a lot of people it would lesson the amount of human coaches on each world even more.  That worries me a little.

But on the other side, for everyone complaining about having a team they've built up deleted, or losing credits.  It's always been my understanding and implied from Seble's original post, that multiple teams by one person in any world was always against the rules.  That's why people had to create second accounts.  So why are people that tries to get around the rules complaining because they are finally going to be enforced.

And also, Seble said, he wastes so much time with this, so, if we just agree to get rid of it completely, maybe the programmers will have time to really improve the game.
4/17/2013 11:55 AM
My brother-in-law and I both coach in the same world (same conference even). Could we collude and scout different states and share info?  Of course we could.  Do we? No, we don't.  Call it a gentlemen's agreement. I'm sure that there are people who do share info on recruits, etc. You are never going to stop this.  But why allow people to make multiple IDs in the same world to make this sort of "collusion" easier?
4/17/2013 11:57 AM
Posted by trobone on 4/17/2013 11:47:00 AM (view original):
Allow it, but have a distance and level requirement.

You can have USC and a DII team in georgia for instance.
This is theoretically a worse restriction, as the D1 team can use its larger budget to supplement the D2 team's FSS efforts more so than having 2 D2 teams.  If someone is going to cheat, this won't stop them.  Rather, it would actually help them.

I'd also add that at D1, it's very hard to pull something fishy given the limiting distance and prestige issues during recruiting.  Recruiting is just much more transparent than in D2 or D3.
4/17/2013 12:00 PM
Posted by jkumpulanian on 4/17/2013 11:57:00 AM (view original):
My brother-in-law and I both coach in the same world (same conference even). Could we collude and scout different states and share info?  Of course we could.  Do we? No, we don't.  Call it a gentlemen's agreement. I'm sure that there are people who do share info on recruits, etc. You are never going to stop this.  But why allow people to make multiple IDs in the same world to make this sort of "collusion" easier?
I propose we don't let family members compete in the same world.  Family members talk together, why should we make it "easier" for them to share recruiting information?  One family member, one world!!
4/17/2013 12:05 PM
Posted by jdno on 4/17/2013 12:05:00 PM (view original):
I propose we don't let family members compete in the same world.  Family members talk together, why should we make it "easier" for them to share recruiting information?  One family member, one world!!
you obviously do not play Fantasy Football or Fantasy Baseball. If you do play, let me ask you what kind of league is more fun. The league you play with friends and family or the league you play with deeks sitting behind a computer 762 miles away?

I have Barry Zito in one of my baseball leagues and he absolutely got lit up like a Christmas tree last night. I had a text waiting on me when I woke up this morning from my brother-in-law (who's in my league) with some trash talk on Zito.

4/17/2013 12:15 PM
I've had multiple teams in a world, all of  them for more than 50 seasons.  At the time I bought them, there was no FSS and no potential. I don't relish being forced to give up teams that I've nurtured since 2004.  I'd seriously consider quitting the game entirely if it comes to pass.
4/17/2013 12:17 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by hackerhog on 4/17/2013 12:15:00 PM (view original):
you obviously do not play Fantasy Football or Fantasy Baseball. If you do play, let me ask you what kind of league is more fun. The league you play with friends and family or the league you play with deeks sitting behind a computer 762 miles away?

I have Barry Zito in one of my baseball leagues and he absolutely got lit up like a Christmas tree last night. I had a text waiting on me when I woke up this morning from my brother-in-law (who's in my league) with some trash talk on Zito.

check your sarcasm detection calibration levels first and then circle back
4/17/2013 12:23 PM (edited)
no offense jdno... but you do realize that word of mouth is the ONLY thing that keeps HD alive? what % of users on here came from word of mouth vs external advertising (seble, have any data on that?). my guess is north of 80% are from word of mouth. i mean ****, half the coaches on here have ties to cincinnati, where WIS was founded, what does that tell you?

i cannot think of anything more destructive to this game than to forbid friends and family from playing in the same world. thats how i got in, joined a conference with my cousin. he doesnt play anymore, but ive "paid" for what like 150 seasons now? if i couldnt play with him, id never have started, and i cant imagine im alone on this.

i dont know anyone in real life who still plays these games, so i have no skin in this one, except that you almost without question end HD if you dont allow friends and family in the same world.
4/17/2013 12:23 PM
**sigh** see above billy
4/17/2013 12:24 PM
fair enough. i missed the sarcasm, too. if there was ever a place to seriously make that suggestion, its in this thread...
4/17/2013 12:24 PM
Posted by tkimble on 4/17/2013 11:23:00 AM (view original):
Cheaters will always find a way to cheat (claiming a family member, using a different credit card, etc.), all this would do is eliminate those people who are using it without the intent to cheat. If this were implemented, it would only hurt the honest people!!
i think this pretty much sums it up...
4/17/2013 12:25 PM

The 1000 mile rule has been around for a good long while.  Folks have moved from one team to another to conform to that rule.  Unless there is an indication of bad behavior, I think it would be a shame now to make them drop teams that they sought and developed under that rule. 

4/17/2013 12:26 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...15 Next ▸
Multiple teams in one world Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.