Multiple teams in one world Topic

Posted by coach_billyg on 4/17/2013 12:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by udm_mike on 4/17/2013 12:28:00 PM (view original):
Appreciate you jumping on this, Seble.
my question is this. if the issue came down to 2 BRAND NEW accounts by THE SAME USER being used to attack one team and one team alone... what the hell is the problem? remove those 2 teams, ban the coach who created them, and move on.

if there is more to that story, than the CS ticket revealed, then i think it would be worthwhile to make that public. the reality is as that story looks, it looks like a no-brainer, without question, abuse of new teams (is freeHD really back?). and to react to push back on a poor decision made with this suggestion - which affects a totally different group of people and also does not solve the problem - seems like a total cop out to me. 

now, i can sympathize, dealing with cheating and these kinds of issues, it has to suck. it really does. but this is an overreaction that simply does not solve the problem of abuse and cheating. its just something that has to be dealt with, theres really no way around it. you can never make this game cheat-proof.

I don't like the idea of multiple teams in a world. But that is a matter of personal preference than rather being worried about "cheating" (mostly). I enjoy the reality that comes with leaving a team. It should be a painful decision. If you can't leave your team behind then you shouldn't get to move on up. That is why there are different worlds IMO.

With that said, I think Billy absolutely nailed it. We don't need to go all TSA because of the incident, this incident should be handled in an isolated context. I would have to guess that similar stuff like this will come up in the future again, and every time something sh*** happens you can't just change the game dramatically. 

I am voting no because I have never liked the idea of having multiple teams in a world, but I'm not voting no because of the situation that just occurred. 
4/17/2013 1:06 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 4/17/2013 1:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jdno on 4/17/2013 12:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Trentonjoe on 4/17/2013 12:48:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, since cheaters are gonna cheat why not just make it easy for them?
and while we're at it let's make a mountain out of a molehill following a very isolated and public incident
Just because you don't cheat doesn't mean it doesn't happen.    It's only a mole hill to you because you are the guy that's going to be affected.

More than once in DII Tark, I've  see some D3 school on a player from California with all High potentials.   Makes me wonder......
I hear ya.  I think it's safe to say that most of these issues are D3 issues, and usually they involve FreeHD.  It is what it is I guess.
4/17/2013 1:11 PM
my question is this. if the issue came down to 2 BRAND NEW accounts by THE SAME USER being used to attack one team and one team alone... what the hell is the problem? remove those 2 teams, ban the coach who created them, and move on.

if there is more to that story, than the CS ticket revealed, then i think it would be worthwhile to make that public. the reality is as that story looks, it looks like a no-brainer, without question, abuse of new teams (is freeHD really back?). and to react to push back on a poor decision made with this suggestion - which affects a totally different group of people and also does not solve the problem - seems like a total cop out to me. 

now, i can sympathize, dealing with cheating and these kinds of issues, it has to suck. it really does. but this is an overreaction that simply does not solve the problem of abuse and cheating. its just something that has to be dealt with, theres really no way around it. you can never make this game cheat-proof.

I think this specific issue was just the straw that broke the camel's back. 
4/17/2013 1:12 PM

so. the question is really not, do you want a coach to have 2 teams in a world, or 2 teams in different worlds? - but rather, do you want a coach, given the limited population of HD, to have 1 team, or to have multiple teams in the same world?

1. I don't believe your assessment is correct.   Because you, alblack, and jdno are saying you would just drop your teams doesn't mean that everyone else would.
2. If the integrity of the recruiting system is in doubt, than I think they have to do everything (or at least alot)  they can to restore the integrity.
3. I totally buy the "makes recruiting easier because it only takes up two days a month" argument.   That's the first one that makes sense to me.   I think if they just combined accounts  that would please most people.?
4/17/2013 1:13 PM
Why am I so damn dumb I can't make the blockquote work right!!!!
4/17/2013 1:14 PM
There's 10 worlds. No need for one person to have multiple teams in one of them.
4/17/2013 1:15 PM
Posted by coach_billyg on 4/17/2013 1:03:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Trentonjoe on 4/17/2013 11:31:00 AM (view original):
Posted by jdno on 4/17/2013 11:12:00 AM (view original):
Consider the factor that being a successful recruiter takes hard work and a fair  amount of time.  If you have 2 teams in the same world as opposed to 2 teams in different worlds, the amount of time needed is considerably less.  That's a significant factor that shouldn't be overlooked. 
I don't mean to be a jerk (but I more or less can't stop it, I am from NJ) but that seems like an unfair advantage.   If it's easier (takes less time) to recruit because you have two teams it seems kinda silly to allow it.  
its about not having the disruption to life that is recruiting multiple times a month. its CERTAINLY easier to just have 1 team, for recruiting purposes, than many - so should having just 1 team be banned?

its not really that it takes less time, but that it screws life up less. i have to restrict my activities 2 days a month - the day recruiting starts, and signings. i cant triple that by taking my 3 teams and putting them in different worlds. back when i was in college, had no wife or kids, and no full time job - that was different. but today, the only way i can do it is if i half *** my non-tark teams - which i do - and im ok with that, at this late stage of my career. in earlier days, it would have made me crazy, and it did, so i dropped all non tark teams. 

so. the question is really not, do you want a coach to have 2 teams in a world, or 2 teams in different worlds? - but rather, do you want a coach, given the limited population of HD, to have 1 team, or to have multiple teams in the same world?
this was also a big part of what I meant also billy, guess that part didn't come across too well in my post
4/17/2013 1:17 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 4/17/2013 1:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jdno on 4/17/2013 12:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Trentonjoe on 4/17/2013 12:48:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, since cheaters are gonna cheat why not just make it easy for them?
and while we're at it let's make a mountain out of a molehill following a very isolated and public incident
Just because you don't cheat doesn't mean it doesn't happen.    It's only a mole hill to you because you are the guy that's going to be affected.

More than once in DII Tark, I've  see some D3 school on a player from California with all High potentials.   Makes me wonder......
MANY coaches have sent me sitemails, especially when i was new to d1 and kililng it, trying to get info on who i was going for, or to make other collusive arrangements, so they could avoid me. and actually, most of those coaches were single ID guys (or at least, i didnt know of their alt IDs, and i used to know most people with multiple IDs in tark, at least). oldresorter's stories of actual player drafting are pretty mind boggling, and his pushing i believe was a big part of fair play guidelines coming into existence, in the first place. the worst cheating that happens today in HD, IMO, is the same as it was all those years ago - its still collusion between d1 teams, between totally different human coaches, changing info and agreements on recruiting intentions, to get an upper hand in d1 recruiting.

the d3 coach on a high potential from california thing... i dont know, because d3 has some less money, but tons of d2 coaches scout local and then end up scouting big states. id guess states like CA, TX, FL get scouted way more by distance schools than small states. it just always seems to go, you are looking for a guy who looks good pre-scouting, and you find him in a big state, so then you check if there are any other promising guys in that state, and because its texas, well of course, there are. i probably get 80% of non local non international recruits at my d2 school in illinois, from CA, TX, and FL.
4/17/2013 1:17 PM
I had a 2nd account years ago where I just added a "1" to my account name because I'm lazy but also wanted to be transparent. I used it for a D3 conference where there were a lot of good coaches I enjoyed losing to.

I feel a middlin solution is not perfect but a good compromise.

No multiple accounts.
Switch current multiple accounts to a single account. 
Allow a single account to have a team at D3, D2, D1, in each world.

If this would allow someone in Alblacks situation to continue to play then I'm for it. Heck, he could track coaching changes!
4/17/2013 1:20 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 4/17/2013 1:14:00 PM (view original):
Why am I so damn dumb I can't make the blockquote work right!!!!
Hit Enter after the original quote, click the quote button, then type your response.  Then edit it after a question mark mysteriously appears after your text.

Edit: Sorry, that doesn't answer your question.  You're a rube from Jersey.

4/17/2013 1:21 PM
Posted by jenningss on 4/17/2013 1:20:00 PM (view original):
I had a 2nd account years ago where I just added a "1" to my account name because I'm lazy but also wanted to be transparent. I used it for a D3 conference where there were a lot of good coaches I enjoyed losing to.

No multiple accounts.

If this would allow someone in Alblacks situation to continue to play then I'm for it. Heck, he could track coaching changes!
This is the best solution I've seen.

+1
4/17/2013 1:25 PM
I'll also add that the ridiculous firing process needs to be changed.
4/17/2013 1:29 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 4/17/2013 1:13:00 PM (view original):

1. I don't believe your assessment is correct.   Because you, alblack, and jdno are saying you would just drop your teams doesn't mean that everyone else would.
2. If the integrity of the recruiting system is in doubt, than I think they have to do everything (or at least alot)  they can to restore the integrity.
3. I totally buy the "makes recruiting easier because it only takes up two days a month" argument.   That's the first one that makes sense to me.   I think if they just combined accounts  that would please most people.?
yes, weve been trying to work around the 1 team per account per world restriction for... ever?
4/17/2013 1:30 PM
Posted by jenningss on 4/17/2013 1:20:00 PM (view original):

No multiple accounts.

i could be wrong, but i think he has multiple teams in the same division. i can definitely tolerate that more than teams in different divisions being removed, because the potential for unintentional abuse is basically 0 with different divisions, but its not with 2 teams in the same division. i do have teams in the same division so it would affect me personally, but i can at least see the merit there.

i could get on board with this solution though, although i certainly don't favor it.
4/17/2013 1:33 PM
Posted by ll316 on 4/17/2013 1:12:00 PM (view original):

I think this specific issue was just the straw that broke the camel's back. 
yeah you are definitely right. 
4/17/2013 1:37 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...15 Next ▸
Multiple teams in one world Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.