Multiple teams in one world Topic

Posted by mamxet on 4/18/2013 10:50:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tbird9423 on 4/18/2013 10:32:00 AM (view original):
I like a combo of no multiple teams and disclosure.  Even with those with multiple names having the ability to unfairly sway the voting, it is pretty obvious the vast majority think it is a joke to have multiple teams.  At the same time, if a family wants to all play, that is great but it would be nice to know so that I can avoid playing with or near them if I think that is going to be an unfair advantage.  While some may say that everyone cheats, I for one have not ever had a "trial" team (although that would of course be very helpful) to test things out because that is wrong.  I also believe there are many others that wouldn't cheat so wish it would either be one team/world or open polict to cheat but how it is set up now seems too grey to me.  
P.S.  If this is taking CS time away from game fixes, then I am excited by what the time that this new policy might free up. 
"pretty obvious the vast majority think it is a joke to have multiple teams"

do not let data get in the way of your conclusions - pretty obvious there is no clear majority in any direction.....

Allow multiple teams with no restrictions
15%

Allow multiple teams as long as they are 1000 miles apart
37%

Don't allow any multiple teams
48%

Keep in mind all those with multiple user names are voting with each user name and are in either one of the first two camps.

4/18/2013 12:15 PM
Posted by Rails on 4/18/2013 12:15:00 PM (view original):
I like a combo of no multiple teams and disclosure.  Even with those with multiple names having the ability to unfairly sway the voting, it is pretty obvious the vast majority think it is a joke to have multiple teams.  At the same time, if a family wants to all play, that is great but it would be nice to know so that I can avoid playing with or near them if I think that is going to be an unfair advantage.  While some may say that everyone cheats, I for one have not ever had a "trial" team (although that would of course be very helpful) to test things out because that is wrong.  I also believe there are many others that wouldn't cheat so wish it would either be one team/world or open polict to cheat but how it is set up now seems too grey to me.  
P.S.  If this is taking CS time away from game fixes, then I am excited by what the time that this new policy might free up. 

do not let data get in the way of your conclusions - pretty obvious there is no clear majority in any direction.....

15%

37%

48%

Keep in mind all those with multiple user names are voting with each user name and are in either one of the first two camps.

Use your brain, seble.
4/18/2013 12:19 PM
Posted by craigaltonw on 4/18/2013 12:19:00 PM (view original):

15%

37%

48%

Use your brain, seble.
Isn't he using his brain by asking what the paying customers want in order to better help him reach a decision?
4/18/2013 12:31 PM

15%

37%

48%

Keep in mind others can vote twice against it like the craig guy who posted below you. I'm not really sure how I feel on this whole situation. I've just been observing.
4/18/2013 12:33 PM

Another good reason to require folks to declare openly their multiple teams - we dont know whether it is 2% or 10% of the population.

Unless it is very big, it remains a leap of arithmetic to make these numbers into a "vast majority" for action.

I bet that if we asked users a vast majority WOULD favor disclosure of multiple teams - declare it rather than change the rule, at least as a first step.

4/18/2013 12:34 PM

15%

37%

48%

You absolutely sure about that?
4/18/2013 12:36 PM
I'd bet anything that some have logged in under multiple accounts to vote on the issue.
4/18/2013 12:57 PM
how many votes does anyone guess?  enough to move the "vast majority" up from 48% to maybe 51%?
4/18/2013 1:50 PM
Jesus Christ. This is ridiculous. For what it's worth, I have two accounts and only voted once.

I am for full disclosure. Anyone found to violate a full-disclosure mandate should lose one of their teams. Other than that, the system works and most people were happy. Why change?
4/18/2013 1:59 PM
I haven't posted in the forums in years, but this is an intriguing thread that makes me think the following:

1) Coaches should spend more time managing their teams and less time filing tickets whining about the actions of other coaches. Seble really spends that much time dealing with tickets on this subject? Really? Maybe there are more shenanigans than I realize, but I find it hard to believe there are enough valid shenanigans to warrant that much tattling.

2) Coaches with multiple IDs who are acting like douchebags need to stop. If I had to guess, there is a very small number of coaches with multiple IDs who are cheating and engaging in douchebaggery. So an outright ban will only anger and frustrate the majority of coaches who are not gaming the system. Coaches who are caught cheating should be banned immediately from HD and not allowed to return.

3) Maybe this can of worms has been discussed in the forums lately (so my apologies if I'm repeating something), but my suggestion would be to try to take some actions to address what in my mind has become an overly competitive recruiting situation in HD. By now, almost everyone has figured out that the only important attribute to focus on when recruiting in HD is ATH (I know that is a generalization, but it's true, sorry). Everyone's obsessive drive to snap up the most athletic players or those with high potential in ATH opr SPD is creating an atmosphere where some people feel the need to cheat in order compete. In my opinion, we either need more high-quality athletic players available in recruiting or the affect of the ATH attribute needs to be toned down so that it is not the all-encompassing factor that it currently is.

4/18/2013 3:19 PM (edited)
Posted by mniven on 4/18/2013 2:12:00 PM (view original):
I haven't posted in the forums in years, but this is an intriguing thread that makes me think the following:

1) Coaches should spend more time managing their teams and less time filing tickets whining about the actions of other coaches. Seble really spends that much time dealing with tickets on this subject? Really? Maybe there are more shenanigans than I realize, but I find it hard to believe there is enough valid shenanigans to warrant that much tattling.

2) Coaches with multiple IDs who are acting like douchebags need to stop. If I had to guess, there is a very small number of coaches with multiple IDs who are cheating and engaging in douchebaggery. So an outright ban will only anger and frustrate the majority of coaches who are not gaming the system. Coaches who caught cheating should be banned immediately from HD and not allowed to return.

3) Maybe this can of worms has been discussed in the forums lately (so my apologies if I'm repeating something), but my suggestion would be to try to take some actions to address what in my mind has become an overly competitive recruiting situation in HD. By now, almost everyone has figured out that the only important attribute to focus on when recruiting in HD is ATH (I know that is a generalization, but it's true, sorry). Everyone's obsessive drive to snap up the most athletic players or those with high potential in ATH opr SPD is creating an atmosphere where some people feel the need to cheat in order compete. In my opinion, we either need more high-quality athletic players available in recruiting or the affect of the ATH attribute needs to be toned down so that it is not the all-encompassing factor that it currently is.

+1
4/18/2013 2:58 PM
Posted by isack24 on 4/18/2013 1:59:00 PM (view original):
Jesus Christ. This is ridiculous. For what it's worth, I have two accounts and only voted once.

I am for full disclosure. Anyone found to violate a full-disclosure mandate should lose one of their teams. Other than that, the system works and most people were happy. Why change?
Same here. Two accounts but only voted once (from my main acc not this one)

Also agree with the disclosure...why not at least try it to see what happens? Anyone found to be using a second, third, etc acc would be banned across all accounts linked by CC, IP, or whatever else they use to link accounts
4/18/2013 3:13 PM
I have no idea if Pumphead has more than one ID or not.  He is in my conference in D3 Phelan at UW Stout.  He has one of the best programs every year.  His team is made up entirely of kids from Minnesota and Wisconsin.  I noticed that Palm Beach is made up almost entirely of kids from Florida.  If somebody is cheating they are not having any more success than those two who are obviously not cheating. 
4/18/2013 3:13 PM
Posted by uwrjl93 on 4/18/2013 3:13:00 PM (view original):
I have no idea if Pumphead has more than one ID or not.  He is in my conference in D3 Phelan at UW Stout.  He has one of the best programs every year.  His team is made up entirely of kids from Minnesota and Wisconsin.  I noticed that Palm Beach is made up almost entirely of kids from Florida.  If somebody is cheating they are not having any more success than those two who are obviously not cheating. 
pumphead king of the PI?  

4/18/2013 3:31 PM
Posted by jdno on 4/17/2013 11:12:00 AM (view original):
Consider the factor that being a successful recruiter takes hard work and a fair  amount of time.  If you have 2 teams in the same world as opposed to 2 teams in different worlds, the amount of time needed is considerably less.  That's a significant factor that shouldn't be overlooked. 
I'm not sure why this would be the case. Seems like if you have two teams, it would take the same amount of time, whether they were in the same world or different ones.

4/18/2013 3:32 PM
◂ Prev 1...9|10|11|12|13...15 Next ▸
Multiple teams in one world Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.