Multiple teams in one world Topic

If it is decided that multiple teams are OK, one thought would be to get rid of alias's. This way, everyone could see that this person has more than one team in a world. The only problem I see with multiple teams is being able to FSS with one team and recruit with another. Should be kind of easy to police that. If a guy gets all his players or multiple ones from the other side of the country, and has not FSSd those states with that team, but has with the other, that would be kind of compelling evidence.

4/18/2013 3:37 PM
Posted by chapelhillne on 4/18/2013 3:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jdno on 4/17/2013 11:12:00 AM (view original):
Consider the factor that being a successful recruiter takes hard work and a fair  amount of time.  If you have 2 teams in the same world as opposed to 2 teams in different worlds, the amount of time needed is considerably less.  That's a significant factor that shouldn't be overlooked. 
I'm not sure why this would be the case. Seems like if you have two teams, it would take the same amount of time, whether they were in the same world or different ones.

Could be he means time overall and at the same time, rather than having 2 or more different times each month or every other month where you must be available to recruit. I think the amount of time per team is the same, but the overall picture is a little different for life planning purposes.
4/18/2013 3:37 PM
Are you ladies done ******** about this already?
4/18/2013 3:50 PM
Posted by mamxet on 4/18/2013 1:50:00 PM (view original):
how many votes does anyone guess?  enough to move the "vast majority" up from 48% to maybe 51%?
I'd say much much more. There's 207 votes at the moment. You really think there's that many lurkers around here to get the total up that high, when this thread wasn't even advertised on the Coaches Corner?

The "Like us on facebook" thread only got 300 responses, and that was advertised on the Coaches Corner.
4/18/2013 3:51 PM
Never seen a bigger bunch of whinny, crying babies in my entire life.  Grow a pair and move on already.
4/18/2013 4:07 PM
Posted by invader92 on 4/18/2013 3:13:00 PM (view original):
Posted by isack24 on 4/18/2013 1:59:00 PM (view original):
Jesus Christ. This is ridiculous. For what it's worth, I have two accounts and only voted once.

I am for full disclosure. Anyone found to violate a full-disclosure mandate should lose one of their teams. Other than that, the system works and most people were happy. Why change?
Same here. Two accounts but only voted once (from my main acc not this one)

Also agree with the disclosure...why not at least try it to see what happens? Anyone found to be using a second, third, etc acc would be banned across all accounts linked by CC, IP, or whatever else they use to link accounts
those coaches that have relatives in the same family using the same computer would be **** out of luck.  In that case, and there are some that have played this sim for many years, without cheateing, would just have to either go to one username or quit the sim.  I have visited with a coach that have a relative in the same household with 28 teams scattered through the worlds and divisions that do not cheat that would just drop out of the sim....28 teams to replace wouldn't be a good thing for the sim.  Some real serious thinking needs to be taken before the sim is wrecked beyond recognition.  As Woodrow Wilson's mother said, "don't throw the baby out with the bath water."
4/18/2013 4:13 PM
The more I think about it, I think it's best to make it to where you can have more than one team, and they have to be over 1000 miles apart, but make it not be an alias. Then everyone can see what's going on, and if it seems like someone is cheating, based on where the recruits are coming from, then it can be reported. I see a valid point in the possibility of losing a lot of good coaches, which would put the game in jeopardy, financially. If two teams were from the same IP address but from family members, this would needed to be cleared by WIS first. They would always approve it, but at least it would be up front. The thing is, if someone is going to cheat, limiting to one user per world is not going to stop someone from gaming the system.
4/18/2013 4:29 PM
Posted by irapost on 4/18/2013 4:13:00 PM (view original):
Posted by invader92 on 4/18/2013 3:13:00 PM (view original):
Posted by isack24 on 4/18/2013 1:59:00 PM (view original):
Jesus Christ. This is ridiculous. For what it's worth, I have two accounts and only voted once.

I am for full disclosure. Anyone found to violate a full-disclosure mandate should lose one of their teams. Other than that, the system works and most people were happy. Why change?
Same here. Two accounts but only voted once (from my main acc not this one)

Also agree with the disclosure...why not at least try it to see what happens? Anyone found to be using a second, third, etc acc would be banned across all accounts linked by CC, IP, or whatever else they use to link accounts
those coaches that have relatives in the same family using the same computer would be **** out of luck.  In that case, and there are some that have played this sim for many years, without cheateing, would just have to either go to one username or quit the sim.  I have visited with a coach that have a relative in the same household with 28 teams scattered through the worlds and divisions that do not cheat that would just drop out of the sim....28 teams to replace wouldn't be a good thing for the sim.  Some real serious thinking needs to be taken before the sim is wrecked beyond recognition.  As Woodrow Wilson's mother said, "don't throw the baby out with the bath water."
To be clear-- if you disclosed you had multiple accounts, you would be OK unless someone had strong evidence you were cheating.  Only undisclosed duplicate accounts would be banned.

4/18/2013 5:39 PM
i dont have a problem with multiple accounts. i like the idea of keeping the 1000 mile distance, and at least for d1 only be able to see d1 recruits with fss. not sure how you would program dii and diii to be able to see drop downs while not seeing lower or higher levels.
4/18/2013 5:44 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by reisshoosier on 4/18/2013 3:50:00 PM (view original):
Are you ladies done ******** about this already?
Agreed...SHADDAP already! lol.
4/18/2013 8:18 PM
Posted by indiansrck27 on 4/18/2013 5:44:00 PM (view original):
i dont have a problem with multiple accounts. i like the idea of keeping the 1000 mile distance, and at least for d1 only be able to see d1 recruits with fss. not sure how you would program dii and diii to be able to see drop downs while not seeing lower or higher levels.
+1,  This is the point that I made that is now buried deep in this thread.   There should be a way to prevent DI teams from seeing information that would be useless for that team, or DIII teams from seeing potentials on DI recruits.  Also, there could be a percentage limit on recruiting budget above which you get an AD message to the effect that "I can't see the point of spending anymore on a recruiting service and not leaving enough to sign the players that you're scouting - disapproved."
4/18/2013 8:45 PM
May work for D1, but not for D2 and D3. With all the money available at D1, seems the multiple team strategy is much bigger advantage at D2 and D3.

Admit to not reading all 12 pages, but isn't this banning multiple teams pretty much unenforcible?

If someone really wants to get an advantage, WIS likely couldn't stop them anyway could they? Smart phones, laptops, work computers, home computers- don't they all have different IP addresses? And that isn't even to mention proxy servers and VPN networks.

I'm not tech saavy, but it seems for someone who is (and I imagine there a lot here who are), isn't it really quite simple to have different teams without WIS being able to detect them?

Right?
4/18/2013 10:15 PM
utt, I believe the reason for the idea being proposed is someone having a D1 and D2/D3 team in the same world and using their D1 money to scout for their D2/D3 team
4/18/2013 10:25 PM
Posted by utthead on 4/18/2013 10:15:00 PM (view original):
May work for D1, but not for D2 and D3. With all the money available at D1, seems the multiple team strategy is much bigger advantage at D2 and D3.

Admit to not reading all 12 pages, but isn't this banning multiple teams pretty much unenforcible?

If someone really wants to get an advantage, WIS likely couldn't stop them anyway could they? Smart phones, laptops, work computers, home computers- don't they all have different IP addresses? And that isn't even to mention proxy servers and VPN networks.

I'm not tech saavy, but it seems for someone who is (and I imagine there a lot here who are), isn't it really quite simple to have different teams without WIS being able to detect them?

Right?
You are right but if u make the team on ur iPhone and u ever sign in on ur computer with your 1st account and then u would get in trouble. I would make this a rule if u are using the same computer with 2 accounts that have been loged in before on it, then if u are caught with a second account doing what I said the both accounts get banned and all ur seasons u already bought get wipped out too. This way people wouldn't dare to try this.
4/18/2013 10:29 PM
◂ Prev 1...10|11|12|13|14|15 Next ▸
Multiple teams in one world Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.