coach_billyg - A Manefesto on 1st Class Usership Topic

I only skimmed this thread, but I cant believe how seriously grown men take this game. Its pathetic that someone would find it necessary to cheat at a simmed, make believe game, where there is nothing really on the line besides pride and frankly, even if they are who cares. How much of an edge can it possibly give? I've played this game since 2008 I believe and I have never shared FSS, colluded or any of the other things people talk about...and I have no idea if Ive played or recruited against anyone who has...that said...you win some, you lose some (and trust me I get ****** when I lose games I think I shouldnt) but at the end its just a distraction to the everyday going ons of life. If someone's life is so miserable that they need to cheat to feel better then the rest of us are doing that person a service. Let it go and lets go back to complaining about real things, like the lack of game development in the last two years!
4/19/2013 1:02 PM
Posted by llamanunts on 4/19/2013 12:59:00 PM (view original):
Too difficult to click on his usernames and look directly at the easily available information?
Here they are then:

coach_billyg - http://www.whatifsports.com/user/profile/Games/HoopsDynasty/?user=coach_billyg

gillispie1 - http://www.whatifsports.com/user/profile/Games/HoopsDynasty/?user=gillispie1#

4/19/2013 1:04 PM
You all are a bunch of puzzies. get over it already
4/19/2013 2:26 PM
Posted by nachopuzzle on 4/19/2013 12:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gillispie1 on 4/19/2013 12:03:00 PM (view original):
Posted by nachopuzzle on 4/19/2013 10:56:00 AM (view original):
wronoj, I know that the list of coaches he named was just a rough outline of the type of users he was talking about. However, I do think what he said was crazy. And to your point, if a small group of users have enough different accounts whereby the site would go under should they all quit, then this place is nothing but a shell game - which I do not think it is.

I would like to echo what hughes has been saying, unless a coach has a team in every single one a day world then there is no adequate reason to have multiple teams in one world.

i think you significantly underestimate the number of coaches with multiple IDs. its not that a small group of users have enough different accounts to take the game down, if they quit - its that if you remove all those 2nd and 3rd teams coaches have in a world, from all the users with different accounts, you are going to make a significant hit to the total HD team population - which is already riding low. d1 population is BY FAR the lowest its been in many years, and i just dont know how much more of a population hit it can take and remain enjoyable. its already considered by some to be past that point, for some types of teams. some d3 worlds were getting so desolate and barren it just wasnt that fun to play there anymore, thats a big part why i gave up on d3 in the first place. d3 is doing better now with the mass exodus from d1, and freeHD apparently, but the HD population is really not doing very well, and its spread across 2 extra worlds now. d1 has shed i believe a full third of coaches since seble's new engine / recruit generation change. how many more can d1 afford to lose? thats the question.

there is also the aspect of the forum community being pretty small, and again, not by coincidence, many of those passionate enough to participate regularly are the same guys passionate enough to create new IDs to keep programs as they move up, and such. i think the hit to the forum community would be significant, because simply losing say 10 or 20 active coaches could really slow things down. its already half dead compared to how the forums used to be. 
Okay, if all these users with all their different accounts are so important to the game, then it could be relatively easy assumed that they would most likely have multiple teams per account.

So if you don't mind me asking: how many and which specific teams teams do you have between your accounts coach_billyg and gillispie1, what worlds are each of those teams in, and are those teams over 1000 miles apart?

Actually, let me amend my request of you coach_billyg, or gillispie, or gillispie1....How many and which specific teams do you have between your accounts COACH_BILLYG, GILLISPIE, and GILLISPIE1, what worlds are they in, and are those teams over 1000 miles apart if they are in the same world?

http://www.whatifsports.com/user/profile/Games/HoopsDynasty/?user=coach_billyg#

http://www.whatifsports.com/user/profile/Games/HoopsDynasty/?user=gillispie1

http://www.whatifsports.com/user/profile/Games/HoopsDynasty/?user=gillispie#

4/19/2013 3:15 PM
This is hilarious.  You are answering your own questions.
4/19/2013 3:27 PM
Posted by llamanunts on 4/19/2013 3:28:00 PM (view original):
This is hilarious.  You are answering your own questions.
Yep, it's called a rhetorical device. The best way to make somebody look like a charlatan is to use their own words (and even better actions) against them. I'd like to wait for him to respond, but if you wanna jump in then you're more than welcome.

4/19/2013 3:50 PM
(nacho's point, for those who didn't bother to check, is that Edwardsville, IL and Columbia, SC are only 750 miles apart)
4/19/2013 3:55 PM
nacho, fair enough.  I think a different device, like stating your point explicitly, would get you further here.  tarvolon, thanks.  Looking at the recruits' hometowns on SIEU is actually somewhat intriguing.
4/19/2013 4:19 PM
Posted by tarvolon on 4/19/2013 3:55:00 PM (view original):
(nacho's point, for those who didn't bother to check, is that Edwardsville, IL and Columbia, SC are only 750 miles apart)
That point is just the icing on the cake, and his other USC team are the sprinkles on top.

Here is the cake: For somebody who has argued ad nauseum that multiple accounts with all their multiple teams are the only thing that keeps HD competitive and worth playing sure doesn't reflect this notion through his own usage...even in the slightest.

Between all of his accounts (that I know of), HE HAS 4 TEAMS BETWEEN 3 ACCOUNTs.

That's only one more team that total accounts,hahahahaha. And three of those are in the same f*cking world, two in the same division, and two that are only 750 miles apart (which I'm sure on his part is a knowing subversion of the rule).

4/19/2013 4:34 PM
Billy Clyde sure hits the internationals hard. 
4/19/2013 4:35 PM
Posted by llamanunts on 4/19/2013 4:19:00 PM (view original):
nacho, fair enough.  I think a different device, like stating your point explicitly, would get you further here.  tarvolon, thanks.  Looking at the recruits' hometowns on SIEU is actually somewhat intriguing.
Jesus llamanunts, no offense, but I've been trying to make a much larger point than the fact that people have multiple accounts with this entire thread. I've just laid it out in it's specifics so I'll let it marinate for a minute.

However, just like tarvolon forced my argument, you forced my ace-in-the-whole - I implore anyone to look at coach_billyg's SIEU team and tell me that group of recruits isn't one of the shadiest things you've seen in a while.

4/19/2013 4:45 PM (edited)
You sure beat around the bush a lot with what looked to be intentional misinterpretation of his comments. If you had just made that accusation. . . well, it probably still would've caused a firefight, because people like billyg and he helps a lot of folks. But I at least wouldn't have regarded it as ridiculous (as I did this thread)
4/19/2013 4:59 PM
What am I supposed to find shady about it?  I see 4 international recruits, but all were signed in different classes.  One from CA, which isn't ideal considering he has a D1 team in CA..but not exactly damning evidence by itself.  None signed from his home state is unusual, but plenty of people recruit nationally at D2 and D3 without cheating.  Am I missing something?
4/19/2013 5:02 PM
Posted by killbatman on 4/19/2013 5:02:00 PM (view original):
What am I supposed to find shady about it?  I see 4 international recruits, but all were signed in different classes.  One from CA, which isn't ideal considering he has a D1 team in CA..but not exactly damning evidence by itself.  None signed from his home state is unusual, but plenty of people recruit nationally at D2 and D3 without cheating.  Am I missing something?
Yes, you are missing something, but not much considering you laid out the quite damning evidence on your own; the only thing I can add is that he has only one player on that team from withing 360 miles.  Recruiting internationally is different from recruiting globally...if you get my drift.

But please, do not let that detract from the point I've been trying to make with the whole thread.

4/19/2013 5:11 PM
Posted by killbatman on 4/19/2013 5:02:00 PM (view original):
Having 10 of your 12 roster players come from outside your 360 mile radius is a bit unusual. Not a definitive sign of cheating, but unusual. It could be explained by that conference being a shark tank and forcing (and enabling, with recruiting money) its members to recruit nationally. the Gulf South is Allen can be a little like that sometimes, although not to that degree. I'm not in Tark, I dunno. But any irregularity will be magnified if you're already suspicious of guys with multiple teams in a world. 

That said, someone (was it billyg himself) has already mentioned that his long-distance recruits almost always come from the highest population states (like Texas, California, and maybe Florida) and indeed four of said six US-based long-distance recruits come from one of those states. And the others don't exactly come from within the recruiting radius of either USC (Ohio, Mississippi)
4/19/2013 5:13 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11...17 Next ▸
coach_billyg - A Manefesto on 1st Class Usership Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.