coach_billyg - A Manefesto on 1st Class Usership Topic

the thing that is so insanely stupid is that nothing came of the guy who picked up 2 d3 teams just to screw over 1 coach, except he had to drop one of the free HD teams (big deal). how can that be the case, and i have to drop a team, when i have been compliant with the rules, and the rules changed on me?
4/23/2013 2:49 PM
The guys ******** about this don't understand just how insignificant their argument is.

Whether you have 2 schools 10 miles apart or 5000 miles apart, you can still use FSS to "cheat" at the same cost, so that makes the 1000 mile rule a bit arbitrary and pointless to me.  Gillispie has never pulled a stunt like what happened to dshook30 where a guy colluded with himself (lol, just always sounds funny when you say it) to poach guys from a team with each of his 2 teams...so again, I don't see how what he's doing is hurting anybody...you can argue that it's against the rules, but the rule is dumb...there used to be segregation in the south...you don't see COLORED bathrooms anymore, do you?  It was a dumb rule that was eventually changed...certainly it's on another level when compared to HD, but it makes my point.

Perhaps the wrong-est thing about this is that the cross-bearers of/for this argument seem only to want to get billyg to surrender a team and aren't looking for a "solution" going forward...that's what makes this a witch hunt.  Not a big deal, folks...it really has nothing to do with you...run along...

4/23/2013 2:51 PM (edited)
If it's a rule, it should be enforced regardless of the owner.  
4/23/2013 2:55 PM
Lol, then you'd better go find out about everyone else that's breaking the rule too and not just focus on billyg.

Again, there's no difference from a game/FSS standpoint having 2 schools 10 miles apart, or 5000 miles apart so again, it's a dumb rule, you're defending a dumb rule, I hope you understand that...at some point.

4/23/2013 2:58 PM
Dude, you're hard to have a conversation with.
4/23/2013 3:03 PM
I'm just telling you that if you're so bent about this rule being broken, you'd better make sure that billyg isn't the only one breaking it...and again, have fun with that.  If you're not investigating it beyond billyg, then this is a witch hunt, period.
4/23/2013 3:08 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 4/23/2013 2:51:00 PM (view original):
The guys ******** about this don't understand just how insignificant their argument is.

Whether you have 2 schools 10 miles apart or 5000 miles apart, you can still use FSS to "cheat" at the same cost, so that makes the 1000 mile rule a bit arbitrary and pointless to me.  Gillispie has never pulled a stunt like what happened to dshook30 where a guy colluded with himself (lol, just always sounds funny when you say it) to poach guys from a team with each of his 2 teams...so again, I don't see how what he's doing is hurting anybody...you can argue that it's against the rules, but the rule is dumb...there used to be segregation in the south...you don't see COLORED bathrooms anymore, do you?  It was a dumb rule that was eventually changed...certainly it's on another level when compared to HD, but it makes my point.

Perhaps the wrong-est thing about this is that the cross-bearers of/for this argument seem only to want to get billyg to surrender a team and aren't looking for a "solution" going forward...that's what makes this a witch hunt.  Not a big deal, folks...it really has nothing to do with you...run along...

I think the thing is - If 2 schools are 5000 miles apart and both of them recruit players from a state close to 1 or the other, that's a lot easier to prove wrong doing than if 2 schools are close together.  Of course I have players from NC, my school is in SC!  Or something along those lines.

That has nothing to do with gillispie.  I think he and coaches like him should be grandfathered in if any major changes should happen.
4/23/2013 3:30 PM
Exactly right -- colonels, you're wrong. There isn't just a difference -- there's a big difference.
4/23/2013 3:32 PM
People that have 2 accounts with intent to "cheat" in the same world, do it so they'll only have to use one account, the dummy account, to pay for FSS while the other account "saves" that money.  FSS costs the same across the board whether you're in Alaska or Florida, so from that standpoint, it doesn't matter if the schools are 10 or 5000 miles apart, if you're going to buy FSS for your other school with your dummy school, the proximity of the dummy school doesn't matter.

The dshook30 situation on the other hand was the first of its kind and a different can of worms really...2 teams purchased in the same world to "cheat" aren't normally used to poach/**** a particular owner.  FWIW, that guy that poached from dshook30 didn't need 2 accounts to do so, it just made it doubly effective...he still would have poached 3 guys anyhow because dshook30 was doing nothing to protect his targets, just resting on the laurels of his A+ prestige, figuring that he would win the battle(s) regardless...which is why dshook will always be a bit of a ***** to me.

4/23/2013 4:35 PM (edited)
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by tbird9423 on 4/23/2013 11:00:00 PM (view original):

For what it i worth, I do think it is possible to not recruit the two schools close to each other but still use one school (that might not need the money) to FSS for another school (that could use the money?)  I also have often wondered how a person will get someone from halfway across the country who turns out to be good, especially at lower levels.  I think we all know the answer as no one is going to randomly scout states 2000 miles away from their school and then spend the money to scout the player as well? 
   People can convince themselves of whatever but I don't see the need for two teams in one world based on the reasoning that the other worlds pace is just too different.  I would think the only answer is a new world every once in a while?  Besides, having 12 teams or 20 teams doesn't seem to make much sense-- doesn't your community have a school or a big brothers big sisters where you could affect real life?  They could actually kill two birds with one stone by not being a self-absorbed piecer and by not being able to cheat. 

Well, you're absolutely wrong on one point.  D2 teams DO often scout states 2000 miles away or all the way across the country or however you want to put it.  They also scout and sign international players too.  So your implied theory of cheating because someone is scouting non-locally is simply you being clueless to how national recruiting works, no more, no less.

And you should really get off your soapbox about how people should live their lives.  If someone chooses to play HD instead of volunteer at some local school, who in the hell are YOU to judge them?  Especially when you're playing the same game they are.  In fact, instead of posting in this thread, how come you're not out affecting real life by trying to find some homeless person, so you can give them something to eat?  Or out looking for some runaway kid to try to save from the horrors of the real world?  Fricking hypocrite.....
4/23/2013 11:36 PM (edited)
I recently scouted 43 states with a D2 team...
4/23/2013 11:37 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 4/23/2013 11:37:00 PM (view original):
I recently scouted 43 states with a D2 team...
You must have cheated Dahs.  Tbird says that NO ONE scouts random states 2000 miles away unless their doing it for nefarious purposes.  And since he seems to think he knows it all, you HAD to have cheated.  No other reason for scouting like that.  Besides, you know, trying to find talented players for your team.
4/23/2013 11:44 PM
The key word is random. If you FSS at random its no wonder you don't understand this concept...
4/24/2013 1:39 AM
Posted by angmar on 4/23/2013 11:36:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tbird9423 on 4/23/2013 11:00:00 PM (view original):

For what it i worth, I do think it is possible to not recruit the two schools close to each other but still use one school (that might not need the money) to FSS for another school (that could use the money?)  I also have often wondered how a person will get someone from halfway across the country who turns out to be good, especially at lower levels.  I think we all know the answer as no one is going to randomly scout states 2000 miles away from their school and then spend the money to scout the player as well? 
   People can convince themselves of whatever but I don't see the need for two teams in one world based on the reasoning that the other worlds pace is just too different.  I would think the only answer is a new world every once in a while?  Besides, having 12 teams or 20 teams doesn't seem to make much sense-- doesn't your community have a school or a big brothers big sisters where you could affect real life?  They could actually kill two birds with one stone by not being a self-absorbed piecer and by not being able to cheat. 

Well, you're absolutely wrong on one point.  D2 teams DO often scout states 2000 miles away or all the way across the country or however you want to put it.  They also scout and sign international players too.  So your implied theory of cheating because someone is scouting non-locally is simply you being clueless to how national recruiting works, no more, no less.

And you should really get off your soapbox about how people should live their lives.  If someone chooses to play HD instead of volunteer at some local school, who in the hell are YOU to judge them?  Especially when you're playing the same game they are.  In fact, instead of posting in this thread, how come you're not out affecting real life by trying to find some homeless person, so you can give them something to eat?  Or out looking for some runaway kid to try to save from the horrors of the real world?  Fricking hypocrite.....
And for another thing, if you sign a juco or transfer, you can sign them close by and have them show up with their "hometown" as across the country on your roster.
4/24/2013 7:26 AM
◂ Prev 1...12|13|14|15|16|17 Next ▸
coach_billyg - A Manefesto on 1st Class Usership Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.