International recruit high school GPA Topic

I just signed an international player.  There is no high school GPA listed.

It's been awhile since I signed an overseas guy.... is this normal? 

I guess I'll just take a stab in the dark on study hall time, but I want to make sure it's normal for these guys to have no high school grade point average.

4/18/2013 1:08 PM
Yes, the player profile has been that way as long as I can remember. When I am considering internationals, I use the compare tool to check their GPAs.
4/18/2013 1:18 PM
so it does show up on the compare tool?  Arrrgggh....  I can't check that now.  Annoying.  I would like to avoid wasting practice time on this guy if possible.  Maybe I'll submit a ticket and see if they can provide the info.  IMO, that's a goofy quirk that should be fixed (especially now that it's impacting me)
4/18/2013 1:35 PM
yup, the only way I know to see it is in compare - and when I remember I look during recruiting and make a note of it for reference when he gets on the roster and I need to set study hall.  Its annoying.  I think it has to do with accreditation issues for those foreign schools.
4/18/2013 1:49 PM
so I sent in a ticket to see if they would tell me his GPA, and I explained that I didn't make a note of it during recruiting.  he responds saying they intentionally keep it hidden and it's not supposed to be visible on the compare recruit tool. 

bad news - they may fix it.  good news - that could take a long time.
4/19/2013 8:40 AM
I know it's annoying that it doesn't show up, but you can just use the compare tool.

Unless there's some reason it doesn't work on your computer, which  - no offense - is really an issue on your end rather than on the part of WIS.
4/19/2013 11:01 AM
I would have used the compare tool, but recruiting is over - so it's too late.  No big deal.  I just haven't recruiting internationally much, so didn't recall this issue.
4/19/2013 6:22 PM
Posted by brianxavier on 4/19/2013 8:40:00 AM (view original):
so I sent in a ticket to see if they would tell me his GPA, and I explained that I didn't make a note of it during recruiting.  he responds saying they intentionally keep it hidden and it's not supposed to be visible on the compare recruit tool. 

LOL. They might get it done quickly. They didn't mess around once the trick for checking the exact amount of recruits in a given world hit the forums. But, that was way way back in the day, so maybe things have changed.   
4/19/2013 6:59 PM
Posted by kashmir75 on 4/19/2013 6:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by brianxavier on 4/19/2013 8:40:00 AM (view original):

LOL. They might get it done quickly. They didn't mess around once the trick for checking the exact amount of recruits in a given world hit the forums. But, that was way way back in the day, so maybe things have changed.   
Wait. . . is it important to know the exact number of recruits in a given world? I'm still a noob in some respects. . . 
4/19/2013 7:03 PM
You know, I honestly don't remember why. It was so long ago, I barely remember doing it.  I just remember that you could. I THINK it might have been simply that a D3 search will only return a max of 300 players and there were always more than 300 recruits. You could NOT use the trick to bring up more than 300, but it did tell you that there were some that you were not seeing in that particular search, based on the ranking of whatever rating or stat you were searching by. Why we felt this was an advantage, I honestly can't remember, maybe just because we could do it, lol.
4/19/2013 7:27 PM
International recruit high school GPA Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.