Team Game Plan/Depth Chart Question Topic

Quick question.  I'm coaching a very young team with 8 scholarship players and 4 walk ons.  Obviously my rotation is only 8 players with my walk ons there to assist with various tasks such as towel boy, water boy, ball boy, etc.  In the game setting there is the "when winning/losing and game is out of reach give more time to back up" setting...my question is how do I get my 3 subs to play more in blowouts I'll be seeing in my conf games and keep my walkons on the bench?  Should I use the rest instead of the mopup fatigue setting so they don't get on the court?  Should I even bother to check that setting with so few subs?

Ok...so that's like 3 quick questions...thanks for the help.

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered...
4/19/2013 3:17 PM
When the 'give more time to backups' box is checked and the game reaches the blowout stage (20 point lead, I think) then the engine drops down the depth chart and the #2 slots become the primary. In your situation, I don't think it will matter much either way because the engine will still sub when players reach their fatigue point. 
4/19/2013 3:34 PM
I think if you leave the walkons off the depth chart completely they will not play. At least, not while there are players who haven't fouled out available. Not sure what happens in the sim after foulouts.
4/19/2013 3:37 PM
I have the same situation. Just don't put them on your depth chart at all and they'll never get in. At least they haven't for me!
4/20/2013 10:02 AM
if you are convinced that you have no chance, you could start your subs - get them more minutes 
4/20/2013 10:22 AM
on top of taking them off your depth chart, set their fatigue settings to mopup
4/20/2013 11:22 AM
Posted by poncho0091 on 4/20/2013 11:22:00 AM (view original):
on top of taking them off your depth chart, set their fatigue settings to mopup
This ...

Also, if you play with 8 players and if you use the 3 non starters to be backups for most of your starters, you should get all of them more than 20 minutes with fairly fresh ... 8x25 is 200 minutes.

4/20/2013 4:20 PM (edited)
Thanks for all the inputs.  I've left them off the roster and have their fatigue setting to mopup.  Thru the first 3 games my subs are getting 19-23 mpg.  I suspect unless my team gets into crazy foul trouble the walk-ons won't see the court.
4/22/2013 9:15 AM
Team Game Plan/Depth Chart Question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.