Coaches,
As my medical leave draws near I'm finding it harder and harder to give up my post @ D3 Oberlin in Knight.
47 seasons, 1100+ wins and a ton of good-natured rivalries with some exceptional people is hard to turn my back on...even with my health issues lingering. So, I've looking for some suggestions as to how I can stay there, as I have multiple seasons remaining.  Here's what I've come up with so far:

1) Let the program sit for a few seasons with the Sim recruitng for me and setting the gameplan to a generic setting. Not too thrilled with that one though, but at least  it would still be mine to coach when healthy.
2) Have another Coach who is NOT in Knight run the team for the next season, and hopefully after that I'd be able to get back into the game. Now...after reading the threads concerning multiple ID's I do not want to do ANYTHING that is considered cheating or gaming the system. If I went this way I would disclose to my conference mates that "xxxx" is running my team under my ID until I get back.
Again, I'm not trying to trick anyone...I just don't want to leave my fake players and program, lol.

I'm open to any suggestions or thoughts on the subject. Not looking to get into any verbal battles. I really love this game and don't want to be totally away from it while out of action.  I know we have a tremendous community of people here, so I'm hoping that at least a few of you will empathize with my situation.

Thanks in advance for the comments.
Paul

*And yes, I am aware that someone could have a different ID in Knight that they don't use in another world and could lead to some questionable actions as well. That might be enough for me to disregard option #2.

4/20/2013 11:05 AM (edited)
I'm sorry to hear about your situation, Paul. I think it would be perfectly acceptable for your second suggestion to be enacted. I'm sure coaches from around these forums far better than I would be more than happy to help a fellow coach in need and run your team for a season, and transparancy should be more than enough to ease the minds of your fellow coaches in your division and world.
4/20/2013 11:10 AM
If you need someone to run ur team I would be more than wiling to help.
4/20/2013 11:19 AM
I would trust pats. He's a great guy I've known him for a long time and he's a great recruiter and a great all around coach
4/20/2013 11:34 AM
I would find someone who doesn't have a team in Knight to take over for the meantime. You could probably get a high-level, high-character coach to take the reigns. Best of luck with your health situation!
4/20/2013 11:43 AM
If you still have control of the team but let it sit you are essentially going to be coming back to a fresh rebuild because its going to be a mess. I would say let someone you trust run the team for you.
4/20/2013 12:48 PM
I will throw my hat in the ring.I only have Mississippi St. In Smith.Feel free to check out my history and site mail me if interested.Best of luck either way.
4/20/2013 3:43 PM
I would probably be willing to hold down the fort for you.  I'm fairly new to this, but I think I'd be able to at least be competitive handling a team with your prestige and skill.  How many seasons do you think you will need to be replaced for?
4/20/2013 10:21 PM
p6453, I'm sorry to hear about your health problems. I'd love to be considered as well. All the teams I've coached have run a full court press and if you team does too, I assure you it would be in good hands with me. If not, perhaps someone more familiar with the offense and defense you do run would be better suited. Good luck either way! (What systems do you use with Oberlin?)
4/20/2013 11:25 PM
Thanks for all the responses, Coaches.
spike101-I run the Motion and M2M @ Oberlin.
dlw2711-I'm hoping to miss just one season.

Those of you that have expressed interest I'll send out a sitemail detailing how I try to Coach the team and things like that.
4/21/2013 9:22 AM
I too would be willing to help in anyway possible. If you were going to miss multiple season I'd almost argue to leave, then I'd be willing to apply for the job and then be even more willing to leave when you came back. I offer this as its probably my only opportunity to help as I already have a team in Knight. Good luck. 
4/21/2013 1:23 PM
it kills me that helping a coach in need would potentially take a back seat to the multiple team crap. this game is supposed to be fun, and the community supportive, and i cant think of any way to honor that less than nitpicking something like this. OP, hope you get well soon, glad you found a few coaches without a team in Knight who could help out!
4/21/2013 7:43 PM
I would be willing to help you out also Paul.  I have D3 teams in Tark and Smith.....
4/21/2013 9:38 PM
Best of luck to you with your health.  The main thing here is to take care of yourself and i think this HD situation will play itself out as it looks like you have some candidates willing to help you out for the short term. I've only been playing for about a year and have 4 HD teams right now so if all else fails i'll run it for a season.
4/22/2013 1:41 AM
If it's only for one season, then I'd likely be able to help out.  My schedule seems to be light the next few months so I would be able to put in the time (and if it ends up being for longer than one season, then I could probably continue at least through the summer).  Let me know soon since it appears that the Knight season is about to start this week.
4/22/2013 4:37 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.