any1 have a retired tark ID? help! free season... Topic

i really dont want this to turn into another multiple team thread, so long story short, i have to drop one of my 2 teams, between d2 SIUE and d1 south carolina. its tough, as those are the only 2 teams i care about, but there is no comparison - have to keep SIUE. the only problem is, i finally got my damn a+ at south carolina, after a surprisingly tough year+ rebuild, as i was surrounded by all those high prestige ACC schools with lots of extra money. i *just* brought in my first 2 a+ prestige classes, which i love, and i *really* was looking forward to coaching them next season (i have 0 seniors, 1 junior, 5 soph, 5 fr right now - 5 fr were even all 5 stars)

so anyway, seble has said he will allow me to swap with a coach at my d2 school (with me picking up another team, or none - it will be none, though), so no application process happens. basically, i want to coach that 1 extra season at south carolina, to allow for a graceful, instead of brutally painful, transition. in the extremely unlikely case that like, both 5 man classes end up staying not only for next year (which i expect), but also the year after (which i dont expect), theres an off chance it could be a 2 season thing.

anyway, after that 1 (and slightly possibly 2) season transition, ill drop south carolina, and should have a very very qualified ID to retake SIUE. i just need someone to hold it for 1 season. i bet seble would swap me back, but with the resume i have at south carolina, im really not worried about that 2nd transition. anyway, someone with an active ID offered to swap, but i'd hate to see him give up his team to do it (but i really appreciate the offer). so if anyone has an unused tark id, and SIUE (GLV) is not within 1000 miles of any other team you might have, and you'd be willing to coach my dearly beloved SIUE for me for a season (or two, but probably not), id really appreciate it. of course, id send you the credits or whatever to pay for the season, and an additional season to whatever account you want. 
4/24/2013 5:39 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I was thinking the same thing about your response, Reisscards...
4/24/2013 6:18 PM
Posted by Reisscards on 4/24/2013 5:54:00 PM (view original):
who cares
justification for reporting (first time ever): see previous week's posts under this ID and the ID reisshoosier
there is no justification for that kind of continued trivial & unsupported negativity in every single post... this is the nicest post of the bunch, honestly, but still, its ridiculous

example: http://whatif.cincinnatti.com/forums/MakePost.aspx?ForumID=ForumID=30&TopicID=467106&QuotePostID=10175329

example 2: http://whatif.cincinnatti.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=467159&Page=1&TopicsTimeframe=30
(wasnt going for a second example, but happened to open another thread that does a good job of characterizing the situation)

4/24/2013 7:17 PM (edited)
It's a shame this had to happen, you should just be able to keep both!
4/24/2013 6:38 PM
Posted by m4284850 on 4/24/2013 6:38:00 PM (view original):
thanks. its alright, i was strongly considering dropping my 3rd tark team, now ill just keep that one and drop south carolina. sucks, but ill live!

to seble's credit, i pushed back decently hard (but i dont think i was rude) in tickets, but he was patient and made the effort to justify his actions, and respond to my questions and concerns. obviously we dont totally see eye to eye, but i think he handled it pretty well considering the circumstances, and made the effort to be accommodating. in the end i think we came up with something that will work for everyone, although it is a bit of a pain in the *** for both of us (truly, in any great compromise, both parties leave unhappy - right?? :)
4/24/2013 6:47 PM
Man that's some serious bullshit
4/24/2013 7:05 PM
Posted by coach_billyg on 4/24/2013 6:47:00 PM (view original):
thanks. its alright, i was strongly considering dropping my 3rd tark team, now ill just keep that one and drop south carolina. sucks, but ill live!

to seble's credit, i pushed back decently hard (but i dont think i was rude) in tickets, but he was patient and made the effort to justify his actions, and respond to my questions and concerns. obviously we dont totally see eye to eye, but i think he handled it pretty well considering the circumstances, and made the effort to be accommodating. in the end i think we came up with something that will work for everyone, although it is a bit of a pain in the *** for both of us (truly, in any great compromise, both parties leave unhappy - right?? :)
as a semi interested observer I'm not totally happy that there are still a few other noted multiple team owners who are allowed to keep both their teams and you are forced to leave one of yours...but if you are happy with it so be it. 
4/24/2013 10:36 PM
I sent a ticket on billyg's behalf...this is just nonsense.  I don't want to speak for him either, but I don't think he's happy with it, I think he's just done everything he could to keep his team(s) but seble isn't budging...there's a shocker...
4/24/2013 10:52 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 4/24/2013 10:52:00 PM (view original):
I sent a ticket on billyg's behalf...this is just nonsense.  I don't want to speak for him either, but I don't think he's happy with it, I think he's just done everything he could to keep his team(s) but seble isn't budging...there's a shocker...
i told seble specifically i would not try to stir up trouble on the forums, or solicit others to send tickets. i mean, ive continued participation in the discussion on multiple teams, but not in any different way than i did prior to seble telling me i had to drop one. the forums have been pretty negative lately, and seble has had to put up with a decent amount of crap on this family of issues, already. on one hand, maybe that last part means its time to try to convince him to do something different, but on the other, i really dont want to breed more of this same negative ****. and i think that one is more important to me. ill get over losing south carolina. seble is letting me swap SIUE in d2 with another coach, which lets me play the south carolina class out at least, and then return to SIUE. so thats something...
4/24/2013 11:00 PM
I'm not trying to get you riled up or anything man, but this isn't about you necessarily, it's about principle and good people who play this game the right way.  The only thing this whole incident does is open a pandora's box where basically anything can/will happen, and it's completely unfair for you to be the ONLY one to be penalized because the guys that ratted you out are jealous of your success...I mean hell, why else would they do it...ax to grind...the motive always makes sense in the end, so don't try to blow smoke up my ***.  I'm sticking up for the sanctity and SANITY of this game...ever since dshook30 griped about the poacher(s) this game/these boards have been in an absolute tailspin, and the ones' causing it don't seem to realize the uncontrollable F5 shitstorm that they're creating.
4/24/2013 11:09 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 4/24/2013 11:09:00 PM (view original):
I'm not trying to get you riled up or anything man, but this isn't about you necessarily, it's about principle and good people who play this game the right way.  The only thing this whole incident does is open a pandora's box where basically anything can/will happen, and it's completely unfair for you to be the ONLY one to be penalized because the guys that ratted you out are jealous of your success...I mean hell, why else would they do it...ax to grind...the motive always makes sense in the end, so don't try to blow smoke up my ***.  I'm sticking up for the sanctity and SANITY of this game...ever since dshook30 griped about the poacher(s) this game/these boards have been in an absolute tailspin, and the ones' causing it don't seem to realize the uncontrollable F5 shitstorm that they're creating.
its your right to say whatever you want, i wasnt suggesting otherwise, just saying, dont do it on my behalf. i really dont want this thread to turn into multiple team arguments or negativity though, so lets talk about it somewhere else ;) just wanted to see if people with a tark ID could help me out, here.
4/24/2013 11:12 PM
So now another team will end up with a Sim running it instead of a human coach? And how is that good/better for the game exactly? How is that better than having a human coach at both schools? No wait, I want Craig to answer, he's the one who thinks it's better for the game. More Sim run teams are better Craig? How, exactly?

And CBG having to give up one of his teams, after Stinenavy specifically called him out and threatened to report him, was just about the weakest move I've ever seen here. I've been in a conference withStinenavy before and thought he was a decent enough dude, but boy was I mistaken. Biggest crybaby playing right now. Waaaaah, you lost out on some recruits and now you want to go tell. How old are you Stine, 8?

I've got one more season on this account and then I'm closing it for good. Just another lost customer Seble, way to go.

***Putting this in two threads, just too show my disgust for what's happening right now.  It's a damn joke.  The worlds are 2/3 empty as it is and WIS is worried about one guy running two teams?  Hey, here's an idea, worry about filling up the worlds before the game goes COMPLETELY under and then no one will be running ANY teams.  Pitiful, just pitiful.***
4/24/2013 11:15 PM (edited)
I think the problem in this case is that SIUE and S Carolina are within 1000 miles of each other.
4/25/2013 12:23 AM
Posted by angmar on 4/24/2013 11:15:00 PM (view original):
So now another team will end up with a Sim running it instead of a human coach? And how is that good/better for the game exactly? How is that better than having a human coach at both schools? No wait, I want Craig to answer, he's the one who thinks it's better for the game. More Sim run teams are better Craig? How, exactly?

And CBG having to give up one of his teams, after Stinenavy specifically called him out and threatened to report him, was just about the weakest move I've ever seen here. I've been in a conference withStinenavy before and thought he was a decent enough dude, but boy was I mistaken. Biggest crybaby playing right now. Waaaaah, you lost out on some recruits and now you want to go tell. How old are you Stine, 8?

I've got one more season on this account and then I'm closing it for good. Just another lost customer Seble, way to go.

***Putting this in two threads, just too show my disgust for what's happening right now.  It's a damn joke.  The worlds are 2/3 empty as it is and WIS is worried about one guy running two teams?  Hey, here's an idea, worry about filling up the worlds before the game goes COMPLETELY under and then no one will be running ANY teams.  Pitiful, just pitiful.***
Oh man, calling someone a lesser age than they are in a way to belittle them, that's so funny. How old are you Angmar, 8?
4/25/2013 12:54 AM
12 Next ▸
any1 have a retired tark ID? help! free season... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.