Whining Rats... Topic

Posted by indiansrck27 on 4/24/2013 9:12:00 PM (view original):
But WHY would the quality of the game improve? Because you think that maybe possibly conceivably, feasibly, by chance, perhaps people cheat?

Just play the game, do you. Dont worry about other people. If maybe possibly conceivably, feasibly, by chance, perhaps someone feels the need to cheat, just be a better coach and beat them.
+1...my thoughts exactly on both counts.

Be responsible for your own teams.  I feel like some of you have gone out of your way to get coach_billyg to relinquish one of his teams, and that's what bothers me...your little team police tactics.  This has witch hunt written all over it, and I've heard no one else say/go after anyone but billyg here...guys like nachopuzzle and craigchooch pointing fingers like they've got nothing better to do.

If you don't think it's right to have multiple teams in the same world, then don't do it, and let WIS police it's own product.  You guys want to chirp and gather like you're apart of some neighborhood watch, and it's just been really quite pathetic.

4/24/2013 9:52 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 4/24/2013 9:52:00 PM (view original):
But WHY would the quality of the game improve? Because you think that maybe possibly conceivably, feasibly, by chance, perhaps people cheat?

Just play the game, do you. Dont worry about other people. If maybe possibly conceivably, feasibly, by chance, perhaps someone feels the need to cheat, just be a better coach and beat them.

Be responsible for your own teams.  I feel like some of you have gone out of your way to get coach_billyg to relinquish one of his teams, and that's what bothers me...your little team police tactics.  This has witch hunt written all over it, and I've heard no one else say/go after anyone but billyg here...guys like nachopuzzle and craigchooch pointing fingers like they've got nothing better to do.

If you don't think it's right to have multiple teams in the same world, then don't do it, and let WIS police it's own product.  You guys want to chirp and gather like you're apart of some neighborhood watch, and it's just been really quite pathetic.

Nachopuzzle isn't a newb......so the forum title doesn't make any sense if ur directing it at newbs only on wis and I'm just trying to state the obvious
4/24/2013 9:59 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 4/24/2013 9:52:00 PM (view original):

i think much of it has to do with me being the only one of so many, with multiple teams within 1000 miles, who is dumb enough to talk about it - even during heated debate (many others are transparent and wont lie but arent dumb enough to argue when seble starts a thread about shutting down multiple teams, when theyve had and have multiple teams both in the same division, and within 1000 miles (not at the same time anymore, but between 3 teams)). i encourage those other coaches to continue not to participate in the discussion, it didnt go so well for me ;) i agree that nacho was kind of out of line, but again, if i hadnt responded, it wouldnt have come up. obviously i do think the guy who reported me was just getting back at me for getting poached from 1550 miles away, cycle before signings, just a few days ago (and 2 months ago he lost 2 battles with my same school, even though he started both later on in recruiting, they were in his area). otherwise why would he post he was reporting me, why wouldnt he just do it silently instead of being in-your-face about it? but craig even sent me a sitemail apologizing for taking me the wrong way (largely from others selecting parts of quotes), although he still thought i should drop a team, and thats fine. most of these coaches dont know who has multiple accounts (thank god), so i think many of them are just addressing my situation because thats the one they know. ive had multiple teams within 1000 miles for 5 years and never hid that fact, actually used it as a real world example what, a hundred times? partly, in the interests of transparency, it is a shame that is worth so little.

so basically if someone isnt aware i have multiple teams, with the way i talked about it, they probably dont realize others do, and i think that is much of the issue. these guys are upset in theory and then they have an example to run with. if they knew so many of the coaches they respected had multiple teams, and that you could basically be wiping out so much, i think that perspective would have a big impact on perception. so even through all these posts, i mostly have not felt singled out, except i guess, by nacho and stinenavy. i do appreciate the support but i dont think you should give in to the toxic environment yourself!
4/24/2013 10:09 PM (edited)
Posted by indiansrck27 on 4/24/2013 7:48:00 PM (view original):
Its kind of crazy the last few weeks.

I keep thinking of The Dark Knight, when the Joker says to Harvey dent in the hospital talking about chaos and that "everybody loses their minds" in his voice just makes me think of the last two weeks around here.

Or even when he is talking to Batman and he says  When the chips are down, these civilized people, they'll eat each other!
billyg is the hero WIS deserves, but not the one it needs
4/24/2013 10:07 PM
So you're basically proving my point coach_billyg/gillispie...you were forced to give up a team because 1 and/or more people had an ax to grind with you and WIS agrees with/to it...what kind of nonsense is that?  You were honest and outspoken about it and you're the first/only person to get screwed...wtf?  My biggest problem is, is that you actually gave/give a **** about both teams that you had..."cheaters" don't do that..."cheaters" ghost ship the other team and go all out on the FSS, that's really why I'm taking up for people like you that play like this because you do it in the best competitive interest of the game.  You aren't in it to "cheat" but you're still donned with the scarlet letter...it just doesn't make sense, and it ticks me off a bit.

In further spite of this decision, I will soon be purchasing a season under another username, 1000+ miles away, just so I can use FSS for my #1 team...none of the "clean" players want to try it, so I'm gonna play my way...screw you guys.  Beat me if you can.

4/24/2013 10:17 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 4/24/2013 10:17:00 PM (view original):
So you're basically proving my point coach_billyg/gillispie...you were forced to give up a team because 1 and/or more people had an ax to grind with you and WIS agrees with/to it...what kind of nonsense is that?  You were honest and outspoken about it and you're the first/only person to get screwed...wtf?  My biggest problem is, is that you actually gave/give a **** about both teams that you had..."cheaters" don't do that..."cheaters" ghost ship the other team and go all out on the FSS, that's really why I'm taking up for people like you that play like this because you do it in the best competitive interest of the game.  You aren't in it to "cheat" but you're still donned with the scarlet letter...it just doesn't make sense, and it ticks me off a bit.

In further spite of this decision, I will soon be purchasing a season under another username, 1000+ miles away, just so I can use FSS for my #1 team...none of the "clean" players want to try it, so I'm gonna play my way...screw you guys.  Beat me if you can.

i agree with the only getting dinged if someone has something against you is stupid point, but seble didnt really seem to think that meant anything. he said they do rely on users to report but have to be consistent, which is fine on one hand, but on the other, i think they are basically relying on most coaches NOT getting reported, to make their stance viable (which is kind of messed up, but it is a hard subject that nobody wants to deal with).

the thing that is crazy is that this is basically unenforceable on a mass scale. i dont mean because you cant, although really the true cheaters, nobody knows their IDs (you could script it, if you had those abilities and the time, but CS at least does not have both). i mean because it would have too big an impact. a long time coach who pays so much attention to the forums, could pretty quickly come up with a pretty long list of coaches in violation, off the top of their head. the collective uproar of that many coaches losing teams they care about would be somewhat disasterous, and i think seble would act, at least, grandfathering people in. i guess theoretically, if i submitted a list, it might have caused enough uproar to get the rule changed before the tark season ends in 3-4 weeks. but i couldnt risk it backfiring and seble actually enforcing this for coaches i like and have such respect for...
4/24/2013 10:29 PM
Posted by gillispie on 4/24/2013 10:30:00 PM (view original):

i agree with the only getting dinged if someone has something against you is stupid point, but seble didnt really seem to think that meant anything. he said they do rely on users to report but have to be consistent, which is fine on one hand, but on the other, i think they are basically relying on most coaches NOT getting reported, to make their stance viable (which is kind of messed up, but it is a hard subject that nobody wants to deal with).

the thing that is crazy is that this is basically unenforceable on a mass scale. i dont mean because you cant, although really the true cheaters, nobody knows their IDs (you could script it, if you had those abilities and the time, but CS at least does not have both). i mean because it would have too big an impact. a long time coach who pays so much attention to the forums, could pretty quickly come up with a pretty long list of coaches in violation, off the top of their head. the collective uproar of that many coaches losing teams they care about would be somewhat disasterous, and i think seble would act, at least, grandfathering people in. i guess theoretically, if i submitted a list, it might have caused enough uproar to get the rule changed before the tark season ends in 3-4 weeks. but i couldnt risk it backfiring and seble actually enforcing this for coaches i like and have such respect for...
Man, that's just insane.  Part of the problem is people don't understand how short-sighted and naive they're being for singling you out here, and I truly believe that you play for the love of, and in the best interest of the game.  I'll go ahead and fairly "cheat" just to show how contradictory the policy is.  I believe many (especially all of the noteworthy guys, not naming names at this point, because I'm not bringing down people I like/respect) if not all of those playing with multiple teams in the same world are doing so in a just, competitive, best interest of the game manner, but again to my point...a few people just hear/read the word "cheat" and it's sirens and cop cars, when the great bulk of you aren't doing a damned thing wrong.

It bothers me because good, credible, game-oriented users are being brought down by guys who don't know better, don't give a damn, or have been spurned with a consequent ax to grind...that's the **** part to me...that's why I told everyone to at least try to have 2 teams in the same world for one season IT'S LEGAL...I want them to do it so they'll really know what it's all about.  I speak out about it because I've done it and I know what's up.  These rats think they're being good, duly deputized citizens, when they're just turning the game upside down and into a massive witch hunt to which my response is, don't **** with MY/OUR game...you win and lose on your own merit, regardless of what anyone else says or does within the game...own your own **** and get after it...mind your own damned team(s).

4/24/2013 10:43 PM
As some one that enjoys controversy the last couple weeks have gone from interesting discussion to just plain annoying.  Way too many people out just to act people.  
4/24/2013 11:01 PM
So now another team will end up with a Sim running it instead of a human coach?  And how is that good/better for the game exactly?  How is that better than having a human coach at both schools?  No wait, I want Craig to answer, he's the one who thinks it's better for the game.  More Sim run teams are better Craig?  How, exactly?

And CBG having to give up one of his teams, after Stinenavy specifically called him out and threatened to report him, was just about the weakest move I've ever seen here.  I've been in a conference withStinenavy before and thought he was a decent enough dude, but boy was I mistaken.  Biggest crybaby playing right now.  Waaaaah, you lost out on some recruits and now you want to go tell.  How old are you Stine, 8? 

I've got one more season on this account and then I'm closing it for good.  Just another lost customer Seble, way to go.

***Putting this in two threads, just too show my disgust for what's happening right now. It's a damn joke. The worlds are 2/3 empty as it is and WIS is worried about one guy running two teams? Hey, here's an idea, worry about filling up the worlds before the game goes COMPLETELY under and then no one will be running ANY teams. Pitiful, just pitiful.***
4/24/2013 11:16 PM (edited)
Posted by craigcoug on 4/24/2013 9:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by isack24 on 4/24/2013 8:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by hughesjr on 4/24/2013 8:29:00 PM (view original):
I am definitely not a newb ... and I can win. In fact, I have more wins and seasons than you. But since my opinion is different than yours colonels, it doesn't matter.

I am also not accusing anyone of overtly cheating, nor have I.

Why is it that your opinion matters and mine does not?
You're completely missing the point.

The problem is the total jackass way the opinions are presented. Nothing of substance; not even really an opinion. Just pure dickishness.
An opinion is not dickish because it is different from your own. And a newb is not brainless because he is new. Have you ever stopped to consider that while you have been IN the circle for years maybe a fresh set of eyes from OUT of the circle can actually help give you a fresh perspective?

In my dickish idiotic newbie halfwit uneducated ignorant opinion, the quality of this game would improve if every coach (regardless of multi-usernames) was limited to one team per world. The 1,000 mile rule is better than no rule at all. But not enough. In my opinion.

I think I'll wait to argue the point until it comes up again months down the road and I've been around awhile. Otherwise I could be accused of being dickish. We don't want that.

It's telling that you thought I was referring to you. Insecure, perhaps? Step away from the ledge. The world doesn't revolve around you. 

I never said an opinion is dickish because it's different from mine. Never said anything about anyone lacking intelligence, new or otherwise. 

But hey, don't let sanity get in the way of your unnecessary defensiveness.
4/24/2013 11:33 PM
Angmar,

Remember that one time that I posted that I'll wait to argue the point when I've been around awhile so that vultures like you can't throw out the "idiot doesn't know this game" card?

I do have a great idea for you, though. Since you are so concerned over Sim teams, why don't you email Seble and apply for the WIS marketing department. Apparently, they maybe don't have one? Careful, though. When the all the new members you recruit join WIS and skim through the forums they might run away screaming to discover the wasteland of loser comments.

BillyG's arrogance cost him this time. He continually posted crying against a rule that he both knew was in place and also knew he was breaking. He hates the rule. Awesome. It's still the rule.

Then he figured that he could openly post about how he is breaking the rules and that nobody would care. Wrong. You hate the rule. Billy hates the rule. Basically, we don't care. Agree to disagree. Play by the rules. Move on....

Maybe when you close your WIS account, you can find another online interactive game that has a user forum where you can *****, complain, and insult users on the site. It's a gaming website intended for fun. If you're not having fun, quitting is a good idea.
4/24/2013 11:34 PM
there is a lot of bloviating going on in this thread which has been given birth by the same on some other threads...................it has got to stop
4/25/2013 1:29 AM
Posted by craigaltonw on 4/24/2013 11:34:00 PM (view original):
Angmar,

Remember that one time that I posted that I'll wait to argue the point when I've been around awhile so that vultures like you can't throw out the "idiot doesn't know this game" card?

I do have a great idea for you, though. Since you are so concerned over Sim teams, why don't you email Seble and apply for the WIS marketing department. Apparently, they maybe don't have one? Careful, though. When the all the new members you recruit join WIS and skim through the forums they might run away screaming to discover the wasteland of loser comments.

BillyG's arrogance cost him this time. He continually posted crying against a rule that he both knew was in place and also knew he was breaking. He hates the rule. Awesome. It's still the rule.

Then he figured that he could openly post about how he is breaking the rules and that nobody would care. Wrong. You hate the rule. Billy hates the rule. Basically, we don't care. Agree to disagree. Play by the rules. Move on....

Maybe when you close your WIS account, you can find another online interactive game that has a user forum where you can *****, complain, and insult users on the site. It's a gaming website intended for fun. If you're not having fun, quitting is a good idea.
You should really, really, REALLY take a good, long, hard look at that second to last sentence you just wrote.  Then try to explain to the rest of us why having two teams in the same world is a terrible idea.  I'm not talking about BillyG's situation now, I'm talking about two teams in general.  Two teams that are more than 1000 miles apart, that meet all the fairplay guidelines.  Two teams that until you heard that popping sound you screamed to the high heavens were illegal (although they obviously aren't).  Yet you still assume the stance that two teams in a world is not right.  Why?  Provided there 1000 miles apart, that's within the rules.  We've got worlds that are basically ghost towns and you want yet another team run by Simmy instead of a human user?  Why?  "It's a gaming website intended for fun", remember?  So answer me that.

And you still never answered my previous question about why YOU see the need to have more than one ID?  Craigcoug, craigaltonw (and a third one having to do with BYU, no), if you're not going to use them to have more than one team in a world, why the need to have HD teams under different ID's?  Sounds a little shady.
4/25/2013 2:46 AM (edited)

You do realize posting that you're going to go cheat with two usernames in a world, makes it more likely that honest two username people (like billyg) are going to get screwed?
4/25/2013 7:57 AM
Billyg I have no problem with you or anyone really having two teams in one world. I think Sitenavy(?) is being a bit childish and vindictive. Unfortunately being so honest and transparent really screwed you this time. At this time you are in violation of the rules and CS had no choice to remove you once it was brought to its attention. If it was ignored it would make this rule and any other invalid. It doesn't make me happy or make me enjoy the game anymore now that you have one less team. I don't think I have ever played a game against one of your teams but I would like to think any one of my teams would have at the very least a fighting chance to win. Hopefully these threads will be the impetus for change. Good luck
4/25/2013 9:23 AM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Whining Rats... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.