Whining Rats... Topic

Posted by abelemons on 4/25/2013 1:29:00 AM (view original):
there is a lot of bloviating going on in this thread which has been given birth by the same on some other threads...................it has got to stop
+1

also, nice use of bloviating-- a personal favorite word.

4/25/2013 9:46 AM
Posted by tarvolon on 4/24/2013 10:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by indiansrck27 on 4/24/2013 7:48:00 PM (view original):
Its kind of crazy the last few weeks.

I keep thinking of The Dark Knight, when the Joker says to Harvey dent in the hospital talking about chaos and that "everybody loses their minds" in his voice just makes me think of the last two weeks around here.

Or even when he is talking to Batman and he says  When the chips are down, these civilized people, they'll eat each other!
billyg is the hero WIS deserves, but not the one it needs
bahahahaha i am snickering at my desk lol
4/25/2013 9:55 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by reisshoosier on 4/25/2013 10:03:00 AM (view original):
never seen a bigger bunch of women crying about something
You aren't even an entertaining troll.  
4/25/2013 10:33 AM
Gee, some of the posters are beginning to sound like junior HS kids. Colonels, you really need to lose the attitude. It is too typical of college football message boards, when Alabama and Auburn kids start dishing the garbage. Said this in another thread that multiple teams in one
World are a minor--and extremely minor--issue compared to collusion. Have heard, for example, that the A10, led by the fabled Lostmyth,
Was a prime offender. Schools working together can be killer effective, and I know of a couple of veteran coaches that left the game because of collusion. That is the elephant. Multiple teams in one world is the flea. It can be used for cheating, mostly in saving some recruiting money, but would guess collusion is very widespread. Deal with that meaningfully, and then maybe I will start to care even a little about people with more than one team in the same world--though a rule is a rule, and we should observe the sainted thousand mile rule, as long as it is in effect.
4/25/2013 10:37 AM
These threads make me want to get another id. Not to collude, just to vote down everything you post.
4/25/2013 10:45 AM
Posted by therewas47 on 4/25/2013 10:45:00 AM (view original):
These threads make me want to get another id. Not to collude, just to vote down everything you post.
+1
4/25/2013 10:48 AM
Posted by milwood on 4/25/2013 9:23:00 AM (view original):
Billyg I have no problem with you or anyone really having two teams in one world. I think Sitenavy(?) is being a bit childish and vindictive. Unfortunately being so honest and transparent really screwed you this time. At this time you are in violation of the rules and CS had no choice to remove you once it was brought to its attention. If it was ignored it would make this rule and any other invalid. It doesn't make me happy or make me enjoy the game anymore now that you have one less team. I don't think I have ever played a game against one of your teams but I would like to think any one of my teams would have at the very least a fighting chance to win. Hopefully these threads will be the impetus for change. Good luck
I agree with this. I'm new to HD, but not new to WIS or online sim games in general, and this sort of thing is always a problem, and it's always divisive, at least among the vocal minorities. WIS would do well to make real cheating structurally impossible. I don't know what that would look like from a programming standpoint, but that should be the goal. Otherwise, there are always going to be people trying to game the system for competitive advantage. i voted for the last option, no multiple teams in any single world. I'd like to think I'm not a whining rat, so I'll go ahead and lay out my reasoning.

I understand that having access to scouting reports for players 1000 miles away from you is not a huge competitive advantage, but it is an advantage. Even if it's just the difference between seeing and getting 1 or 2 dropdowns every 4 years, that's 1 or 2 positions where you'll have that competitive advantage over me, and that is frustrating to players who don't have that advantage. And if you have two IDs in the same world, you'd have to be a saint not to take advantage of it. It'd be like a married guy telling his wife he only goes to the strip club for drinks and company, he doesn't look at any of the girls. I'm not saying it's not possible that some people are just that honest - but I guarantee most of them are not.

I don't see a compelling argument that having 2 teams in one world is necessary for a player to enjoy the non-competitive benefits that colonels and billyg, et al, talk about. I also don't see this discouraging user owned teams at all. I would hope that if a user really wanted more teams, they would utilize the option to have teams in multiple worlds. That's why there are many worlds. The idea is that you can build relationships and compete against rivals and friends in different settings across a number of worlds, and you don't even have to bend the rules just a little, or cross any line into competitive advantage, in order to do it. I get that these are teams that you've built up, and that does suck that billyg has to give one up. I really do feel for him. But as others have said, rules are rules, we all have to play by them. A game without rules, or without enforced rules, won't survive very long - pretty soon it's just going to be whales vs whales, and who wants to play in that environment?
4/25/2013 11:20 AM (edited)
Posted by reisshoosier on 4/25/2013 12:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ryrun on 4/25/2013 10:33:00 AM (view original):
You aren't even a decent coach.
Pot, kettle.
4/25/2013 12:12 PM
here's the issue-- i have a team in wooden and a team in naismith, and this means i've got to recruit (easily the most time-consuming thing we do) 10 days out of every 45. now, if I want to add a third team in a third world, i've got to recruit another set of 5 days. this becomes a time suck and burns me out, and i drop 1 or more teams. I know there are people who can handle more teams in more worlds than that, but I'm not one of them. 
4/25/2013 12:19 PM
Posted by ryrun on 4/25/2013 10:33:00 AM (view original):
Worst trolling job ever, actually.
4/25/2013 1:01 PM
Posted by reisshoosier on 4/25/2013 12:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by therewas47 on 4/25/2013 10:45:00 AM (view original):
Does acting tough compensate for your tiny package?
Love you too babe. You get those pics?
4/25/2013 1:12 PM
Posted by wronoj on 4/25/2013 12:19:00 PM (view original):
here's the issue-- i have a team in wooden and a team in naismith, and this means i've got to recruit (easily the most time-consuming thing we do) 10 days out of every 45. now, if I want to add a third team in a third world, i've got to recruit another set of 5 days. this becomes a time suck and burns me out, and i drop 1 or more teams. I know there are people who can handle more teams in more worlds than that, but I'm not one of them. 
Granted I've only got one season of experience recruiting - but I would think this reasoning would be used in favor of NOT wanting multiple teams in a world. Everyone is different, but I'd rather spread the craziness out. Two teams in one world should be twice the amount of work in those 5 days, right? Twice the searches, twice the analysis, twice the clicks. Considering how much of a time suck that is already, I can't imagine wanting to double that. I'd rather try to have that period correspond with a relatively tame period in a different world.
4/25/2013 2:43 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Whining Rats... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.