Another Coach_BillyG Thread!!! Topic

Posted by gillispie1 on 4/26/2013 10:37:00 AM (view original):
Posted by lesliechow on 4/26/2013 9:32:00 AM (view original):
Cheaters should be rooted out and kicked off the website.  If he cheated, send a ticket to WIS and they will do the right thing.

for the record (and anyone can correct me if im wrong), nobody is suggesting i cheated. people are saying hypothetically one could cheat, even with teams in different divisions, and thus cant have multiple teams. some people are countering, this is stupid, there is no way he (me, coach_billyg) cheated. nor was anyone suggesting acn cheated when he got moved. my question is this - if this rule is really in place to stop cheating, does it make sense that the only two people ever affected by the multiple division rule (put into place 1 year ago, approximately), are some of most competitive coaches in HD history, who have not even one suggestion of abuse against them, out of ALL the people coming out against multiple teams? sounds like the rule is really getting the job done, time to break out the MISSION ACCOMPLISHED banner!

Ha, I agree that they need to really start looking at all user accounts.  It shouldn't be hard to cross reference actual names with user names.  Also, it would seem that they could cross reference the way people pay and then you can see who has multiple accounts and in what world.

A little extra work on their part will prevent these types of things from happening again.  Sucks that you are made the "example" of though gill.

4/26/2013 10:44 AM
Posted by stinenavy on 4/26/2013 1:13:00 AM (view original):
Posted by coach_billyg on 4/25/2013 2:05:00 AM (view original):
Posted by stinenavy on 4/25/2013 12:48:00 AM (view original):
If you're tired of all this, just throw your computer/phone/ipad/whatever else out the window now, if you're on a submarine and don't have windows, the deep fat fryer should do the trick.

For the few fans of all this here's some info:

1) He was in violation of the rules. This isn't in doubt. If we have rules they should be enforced. Someone else brought it up in a thread, I challenged him on it and he responded like he was the most naive person on the planet. Seriously you didn't think it included teams across divisions? So a guy could have a team at D2 CSU, Los Angeles and one at UCLA and that would ok? I told him I was going to submit a ticket, and then... I submitted a ticket.

2) The witch hunt/revenge thing is hilarious. For one I didn't do any hunting, someone else brought it up. For two I have 7 D1 teams. I lose battles all the friggin' time. In Tark two recruiting sessions ago (whereupon I wanted to get my revenge, apparently) I spent like 5K total on two guys that were considering USC. I spent 90% of my budget on a guy that went to a Big 10 team. The last recruiting session he went after a JUCO I had a fair amount in, and he got him. Thought it was interesting he waited so long to spend his dough, but I got the primary guy I wanted and moved on. You can believe whatever dumbass theories you want, but I don't bat an eyelash when I lose a battle, much less plot revenge.

3) I found this snippet quote interesting on the SEC board from gillispie1:

"i considered dropping my d2 team and using my two d1 teams to punish the coach who reported me, but i just dont have the energy for that kind of **** anymore"

So he considered doing the exact same thing that happened the dshook30. What a class act. But sure, keep believing he's somehow above using his two D1 schools to help out his D2 school.

4) I said this once on the Coaches Corner and I think it bears repeating. I'm the evildoer. Ooooh I'm such a dick pointing out someone breaking the rules. Oh the humanity. We should let this guy play by a different set of rules because he posts a bunch.
if you are sick of "coach_billyg threads", that all these other people started -- why start one yourself? makes a lot of sense. im assuming you are enjoying this, which is a little messed up, or you'd have thrown out the computer, no? or is the deep fat fryer just out of order? at least you figured out the best alternative to the fryer - starting "another coach_billyg thread". come on...

just because i was ****** off, and amused myself plotting my hypothetical revenge, doesnt mean i actually have any intention of going through with it. besides, theres no way i am going to drop my d2 team, it is unquestionably the last team i'll retire from, ive said that for years. even dropped from dream school UK and my most favorite d1 program, texas a&m, when interest was at an all-time low, and had to cut to 1 team. but i kept my d2 team - even though i really dont like new engine d2/d3 recruiting much at all, d1 recruiting is my favorite part of game play.

secondly, punishing you from that distance forces me to hurt my own teams (although USC came out clean as a whistle, much to your chagrin, apparently). no offense, but you simply arent worth that to me. because of the dhook situation, i was making a joke - ill explain the difference. the difference is, i would never actually do that, but you actually did submit the ticket, to get me to lose a team, out of revenge. i dont believe someone simply concerned about the rules, would be in-your-face about making a coach drop a team hes had for so long (you wont inquire so ill do it for you), they'd take it up privately and respectfully with seble. i dont see that curt posting style in your other posts either, i think you simply wanted to make sure i knew it was YOU who reported it.

finally, it just seems like you think we are all really stupid. or maybe its not us, maybe its the other way around... that would explain why you consider #4 so profound it needs repeating! you have played this game too long, in too many worlds, to claim this is the first time you found out about a coach in violation of the 1000 mile rule. talk about naive...
I never said I was sick of it, I put that first paragraph up as a notice for the people that will open up threads, and then complain that that thread exists. I figured this was plain as day, much like the fair play guidelines. Does everything have to completely explained to you?

I've never searched out anyone in violation of the fair play guidelines. Someone else brought up you were breaking the rules. Feel free to give me a list of others breaking the 1000 mile rule and I'll submit a ticket on them as well.

You never answered the main question. Did you think a guy could have a team at CSU, Los Angeles and one at UCLA, in the same world, and that would be okay in accordance with the fair play guidelines?
so who specifically is that first paragraph targeting? me? colonels? you really arent that clear, you may want to consider the possibility that the problem is on YOUR end.

prior to the rule change 1 year ago, yes, a d2 team at CSULA and one at UCLA would be allowed. i have first-hand knowledge, just off the top of my head (im sure there are many more), of at least 10 coaches who had teams within the same state or within a hundred miles, maybe two hundred miles, in a nearby state, with teams in different divisions. im sure there are many more, but to the best of my knowledge, there have been exactly 0 complaints about those situations, many of which lasted for a pretty long time (and some still exist). there were also exactly 0 rulings against coaches over the period of time from when i started the game to a year ago, to the best of my knowledge, and the rule even read like "multiple teams in the same division, in the same geographic region, are not allowed". to the best of my knowledge, multiple teams in different divisions had NEVER been mentioned in this context, by a game admin, until this week. i guess that makes it crystal clear, doesnt it? 

with the rule change, is it allowed? its clear now, the answer is no. the communication from CS on this has been very poor at best, when seble changed the rule, he should have talked about it, and talked about how coaches with the rule changed under them should respond. the failure to do so is why the vast majority of coaches suddenly in violation just ignored it. the multiple team saga has been fairly ridiculous for many years now, with terrible communication along the way, if you havent noticed - and to call ANYTHING cs has done on the topic "plain as day" is extremely obtuse. i guess the pants fit, at least.
4/26/2013 1:24 PM (edited)
Actually, am aware of another coach, a friend, who had two teams some 900 miles apart. He was ratted out, and took a huge hit to his reputation. Looks like HD was trying to make an example of him. Love selective enforcement.
4/26/2013 3:52 PM
interesting, did it make it on the forums? i usually make a point to read up on that stuff. by reputation, you mean the in-game attribute, or reputation in general? also, was it same-division, or cross-division? there are a lot of people who have been moved same division, but at least you havent been able to have teams close together in the same division for like, 3 years?
4/26/2013 4:42 PM
Posted by abitaamber on 4/25/2013 11:33:00 AM (view original):
I wish Stinenavy still had D-3 teams, so everybody could dshook him.
I know that this isn't the issue of this thread but I have to say I'm a little torn by this. I think it's funny but really wish it was someone else's name and not mine. So for personal reasons I have to give it the ol' thumbs down.
4/27/2013 3:52 AM
Posted by stinenavy on 4/27/2013 2:57:00 AM (view original):
Cheaters should be rooted out and kicked off the website.  If he cheated, send a ticket to WIS and they will do the right thing.

for the record (and anyone can correct me if im wrong), nobody is suggesting i cheated. people are saying hypothetically one could cheat, even with teams in different divisions, and thus cant have multiple teams. some people are countering, this is stupid, there is no way he (me, coach_billyg) cheated. nor was anyone suggesting acn cheated when he got moved. my question is this - if this rule is really in place to stop cheating, does it make sense that the only two people ever affected by the multiple division rule (put into place 1 year ago, approximately), are some of most competitive coaches in HD history, who have not even one suggestion of abuse against them, out of ALL the people coming out against multiple teams? sounds like the rule is really getting the job done, time to break out the MISSION ACCOMPLISHED banner!

I agree. It shouldn't be just you or acn, if the rule is in place, seble should search and find out ALL of the people in violation of the rules and make everyone in compliance. This isn't happening and they are only relying on people like me to point out people breaking their rules.

By definition you are cheating, since you are in violation of rules or regulations.
so you're the hero of WIS? WIS relied on you to point out the one coach who openly speaks about and posts with his multiple ID's? Seriously? WIS needed YOU to send a ticket to point something out pretty much everyone who needs to know has known for the last calendar year? That's hogwash... You snitched on someone for what seems to be a vindictive reason not because it was the right thing to do. I have to think you'd have sent this ticket long ago if you were so upset about this violation... then you post this magnanimous crap as if you are doing WIS some service it is in desperate need of... 

I'll be the first to say that rules are rules, but in this case, it has been blatantly obvious to ALL coaches who are in this particular world that billyg has had multiple ID's in this world and you are the first to submit a ticket after a year of the infraction... for 12 seasons it wasn't an issue lol but now this just couldn't stand and you had to be relied upon ... come on man. 
4/27/2013 7:25 AM
Posted by reddyred on 4/27/2013 7:25:00 AM (view original):
Posted by stinenavy on 4/27/2013 2:57:00 AM (view original):

I agree. It shouldn't be just you or acn, if the rule is in place, seble should search and find out ALL of the people in violation of the rules and make everyone in compliance. This isn't happening and they are only relying on people like me to point out people breaking their rules.

By definition you are cheating, since you are in violation of rules or regulations.
so you're the hero of WIS? WIS relied on you to point out the one coach who openly speaks about and posts with his multiple ID's? Seriously? WIS needed YOU to send a ticket to point something out pretty much everyone who needs to know has known for the last calendar year? That's hogwash... You snitched on someone for what seems to be a vindictive reason not because it was the right thing to do. I have to think you'd have sent this ticket long ago if you were so upset about this violation... then you post this magnanimous crap as if you are doing WIS some service it is in desperate need of... 

I'll be the first to say that rules are rules, but in this case, it has been blatantly obvious to ALL coaches who are in this particular world that billyg has had multiple ID's in this world and you are the first to submit a ticket after a year of the infraction... for 12 seasons it wasn't an issue lol but now this just couldn't stand and you had to be relied upon ... come on man. 
This.  Not sure who you're trying to fool with your "explanations", but anyone following these threads at all knows the REAL reason you turned him in.  You got ****** because he outrecruited you and did it strictly out of spite.  No ifs, ands, or buts. Twenty seasons in Tark, a dozen at D1, admitted knowing that he had multiple ID's, and it "just" occurred to you?  Uhh sure, pull my leg and it plays fricking jingle bells.  Weakest move I've seen in a long, long while.

Will you show us the sitemail where Seble appointed you the "Multiple Team Police", or is this Junior High hall monitor idea all your own?  Tell me and then I'll report them?  Seriously?  News flash Mr. Navy, most people don't like tattle tales.  Even more have no respect for them.  Bad as you seem to want to be, you're not a knight in shining armor furthering the What If Sports cause.  Far from it.  You're just a guy that tells on people, that's all. 
4/27/2013 6:43 PM (edited)
Posted by stinenavy on 4/27/2013 3:36:00 PM (view original):
I explained the situation, if you think I'm being vindictive you're being a fool.

I didn't know he was cheating until someone else brought it up a few days ago. I knew he had multiple ID's, I didn't know he was in violation of the rules. Lots of people have multiple IDs, billyg was the first someone else pointed out was cheating. If you know of anyone else I'll submit a ticket on them as well.
i was the first someone else pointed out was in violation? i mean, people very rarely specifically identify others, so its possible technically its the first time youve seen SOMEONE ELSE point it out. but ive made it clear i have teams within 1000 miles at least 50 times in the last 5 years, and probably a good dozen in the last year. at least a couple dozen other times, other coaches have made it clear about their own teams. usually, others dont point it out (its happened, but you could have missed it). but coaches point it out about themselves regularly. its pretty much common knowledge that there are pretty many guys with multiple teams, who are within 1000 miles, who pre-dated the rules, and havent self-enforced. nobody really knows what seble is thinking, and he over compensates all the time for a couple guys complaining - i think most of us held out hope that if push came to shove, hed change his mind, as is often the case. anyway, a guy in 7 worlds fairly regular on the forums, should be aware a bunch of people are in violation. im over losing the team - still wish seble would man up and step up to the plate on the larger issues - so im really not that concerned about it. but i just dont understand, why wouldnt you man up to it? you seem to think its a crazy theory - but to me, theres 3 fundamental things that are pretty hard to believe, are just coincidence. so maybe this will help you understand why people aren't buying what you are selling. this is just so stupid, so this is probably my last post on the topic - but i figure you at least deserve an explanation, of why i (and others) dont believe your story.

1 - anyone in your position, fairly regular on the forums 7 worlds, played for a long time, etc - should be pretty aware of this issue. a handful of coaches are super up-front about it, myself included, but im not the only one. could you really be so unobservant to have never noticed before? its possible, but a long shot

2 - you dont come out to rail about multiple teams at every opportunity, which suggests this isnt a super important issue to you. you certainly arent known as one of the leading fighters against multiple teams, correct me if im wrong. the vast majority of the time, when someone knows of someone in violation, they 1) dont talk about it publicly, knowing its a very controversial issues, and 2) if they do, they usually wont even identify the other coach. its pretty rare someone will come out so blatantly about reporting someone. i know of 1 case, a coach who i outed for sending me collusive sitemails, who would, for about 2 years, post random attacks on me as often as every week - i picked up cinci in tark, and he made a public complaint about it. only time ive ever seen it with anyone, and he clearly had an axe to grind. is it possible you would really be in your face about this, if you reported it, and you didnt have an axe to grind? if i hadnt just beaten you in a last-second poaching? made more painful because you lost to a similar prestige team who was over 1500 miles away, using 2K campus visits, a guy who beat you in 2 battles YOU started 2 seasons before? its possible, but a long shot.

3 - of all the coaches open about this issue, and all the times you could figure it out - it just *happens* to be the coach you just battled with, and it just *happens* to be within a week of a particular incident? if this was 6 months from now, it would still be pretty hard to believe #1 and #2. but when you have timing like this, is it possible its a coincidence? its possible, but a long shot.

i could see 1 long shot, but not 3. it just doesnt fit. you act like a big, tough navy guy, why not act like one, and own up to it? when i think of that picture of you standing arms folded, all tough-guy, in front of that big *** ship - that doesnt look like a tattle tale to me. with an axe to grind,  i can see it. but at least man up to it, no??

4/27/2013 10:14 PM (edited)
yeah, keep waiting...
4/28/2013 12:39 AM
Look how hard I went at billyg in the other thread when I considered him to be "cheating" and he was threatening to take me down with him if he had a terminal disease (LOFL!) yet I never once outed him to WIS....20 months before you went Master Splinter on him Stine...weak...***** move.

EDIT:  I've went through a few of Stine's resumes and he's been playing HD for at least the last 26 (and probably more) months...didn't find it to be a big deal in Aug '11, now did ya, Kev?

4/28/2013 1:06 AM (edited)
I explained the situation, if you think I'm being vindictive you're being a fool.

I didn't know he was cheating until someone else brought it up a few days ago. I knew he had multiple ID's, I didn't know he was in violation of the rules. Lots of people have multiple IDs, billyg was the first someone else pointed out was cheating. If you know of anyone else I'll submit a ticket on them as well.
This post is why no one believes your motives are in any way other than revenge/sour grapes.  You admit you knew he had multiple ID's.  It would take about 5 minutes to determine he was in violation of the rules, if it fact you ever cared about the rules.  However, despite knowing the rules, and knowing he had multiple ID's, you never once looked into it until after he beat you for a recruit.  

Then suddenly a topic comes up where billy admits to something he has never once tried to hide and suddenly the rules become the most important thing in the world.  Just seems way to coincidental.    As someone who wishes WIS death upon someone for grabbing a very important recruit of mine last year and letting him rot away on the bench, I understand the feeling, but volunteering to submit tickets if someone else looks into it and tells you about it doesn't mean your motives are pure.
4/28/2013 8:52 AM
I won't consider Stine a hero if others won't consider Billy a martyr.  Let's remember which of the two of them was breaking the rules.  (Hint: it was Billy.)

Deal?

4/28/2013 9:46 AM
i don't think Stinenavy did anything wrong.
4/28/2013 10:00 AM
Doing the right thing for the wrong reasons isn't going to win you respect.
4/28/2013 10:18 AM

This is BS... you're the fool if you think I or anyone else with half a brain believes this. It has been a KNOWN fact that billyg has  had multiple ID's in the same world for a LONG time. You're telling me you're in the same world with him...close enough to be competing against him for recruits yet in all this time you had no clue? You tell me who's the fool here.... hint: it's surely not me. 

I am definitely not calling this guy a hero (he's appointed himself with the designation)... and I also wouldn't go as far to say billy is a martyr but what happened to him or the way it happened to him I should say is truly ridiculous. And further more if I know of someone, why is it I should tell you? Who are you? You want to have a snitch parade, do your own leg work... smh. 
4/28/2013 10:49 AM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Another Coach_BillyG Thread!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.