This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by colonels19 on 4/26/2013 1:08:00 AM (view original):
Are stinenavy and dshook30 the same person?  If so, they're violating the 1000 mile rule in IBA (stinenavy at Bradley, dshook30 at Bard)

Both have similar styles in griping about poaching, dshook30 took on a d3 team just as stinenavy was leaving d3, and why didn't dshook30 defend his recruits that were getting poached at Bard...he probably spent a considerable amount of money buying FSS for his D1 team at Bradley and was strapped for cash.  This was stinenavy's first season at Bradley with a C prestige, so he could have used the FSS help from his other ID, no?  Is it just a coincidence that their incidents happened in the span of 2 weeks?

Just some things to think about.

Yea, sure. I think I'm Trentonjoe as well. I mean who else would want the rules enforced?

In a completely unexpected twist, I'm also coach_billyg.
4/26/2013 1:36 AM
Seriously, I hope the forums dont become a witch-hunt, and I am a person that has thought users were the same previously.

Since the ball was in sebles court in the case of billyg and SIUE/SC, I would hope that they look over other cases on their own without this type of pettiness.

My guess is nothing happens because users typically dont talk about alts. billyg was open about his and most likely lead to his own demise. If only he was coach_billyg and something like user1043, we would have never known.
4/26/2013 1:40 AM
Posted by paynebrow on 4/26/2013 1:40:00 AM (view original):
Seriously, I hope the forums dont become a witch-hunt, and I am a person that has thought users were the same previously.

Since the ball was in sebles court in the case of billyg and SIUE/SC, I would hope that they look over other cases on their own without this type of pettiness.

My guess is nothing happens because users typically dont talk about alts. billyg was open about his and most likely lead to his own demise. If only he was coach_billyg and something like user1043, we would have never known.
seems to me like any system that penalizes transparency, with respect to this issue, is a really messed up system!
4/26/2013 2:40 AM
Are stinenavy and dshook30 the same person?  If so, they're violating the 1000 mile rule in IBA (stinenavy at Bradley, dshook30 at Bard)

Both have similar styles in griping about poaching, dshook30 took on a d3 team just as stinenavy was leaving d3, and why didn't dshook30 defend his recruits that were getting poached at Bard...he probably spent a considerable amount of money buying FSS for his D1 team at Bradley and was strapped for cash.  This was stinenavy's first season at Bradley with a C prestige, so he could have used the FSS help from his other ID, no?  Is it just a coincidence that their incidents happened in the span of 2 weeks?

Awfully thin.  Anorexic.
4/26/2013 3:29 AM
Posted by stinenavy on 4/26/2013 1:36:00 AM (view original):

Yea, sure. I think I'm Trentonjoe as well. I mean who else would want the rules enforced?

if the rules were so important, and this wasn't done as revenge or a witch hunt, exactly why did you wait 13 seasons of billy at USC to report him to seble?? seems the rules were being broken quite a long time and no one cared
4/26/2013 6:13 AM
Somebody call Joe McCarthy!
4/26/2013 7:02 AM
Posted by milkamania on 4/26/2013 6:13:00 AM (view original):

if the rules were so important, and this wasn't done as revenge or a witch hunt, exactly why did you wait 13 seasons of billy at USC to report him to seble?? seems the rules were being broken quite a long time and no one cared
+1
4/26/2013 7:26 AM

I can't speak for anyone other than myself but I didn't know anyone was in violation until recently.   
4/26/2013 8:25 AM

I think the main issue is that Seble and billy both knew of the violation when the rule was announced and nothing was done.  If a rule is in place, then it should have been enforced.  The fact that it was allowed to go for so long has cause this to become a bigger issue than it really should be.

I think billy is a great coach and doesn't use the multiple teams to cheat, but if a rule is in place, then it should be enforced across the board for all users to avoid this kind of event from happening again.

4/26/2013 10:34 AM
Posted by ardthomp on 4/26/2013 10:34:00 AM (view original):

I think the main issue is that Seble and billy both knew of the violation when the rule was announced and nothing was done.  If a rule is in place, then it should have been enforced.  The fact that it was allowed to go for so long has cause this to become a bigger issue than it really should be.

I think billy is a great coach and doesn't use the multiple teams to cheat, but if a rule is in place, then it should be enforced across the board for all users to avoid this kind of event from happening again.

if you look at the really shake history on the rules, especially with respect to the multiple team saga (that has went on kind of like this, maybe less hurricane style but still, for years), i think one could see why a coach wouldnt voluntarily self-enforce. there are many other coaches who have not self enforced, either. im sure some have, but i suspect it had little to do with the rule, and everything to do with them wanting to switch schools naturally.

but i agree, this is really a poor way to handle things. if seble ran a script to find multiple users within 1000 miles, and had enforced it then, he'd have infinitely more credibility. i think as soon as he saw the size of the list, hed have went, ****, we better grand father people in, and we wouldnt have this issue at all. only people who knowingly violated the rule (as opposed to having it changed underneath them) would be in violation (assuming sebles script worked, obviously, it wouldnt be perfect), and making those people move wouldnt be so bad. i personally think coaches should be given a little more than the end of the season to gracefully transition, but at least CS helps you move somewhere else if needed.

4/26/2013 10:43 AM
as long as WIS is getting $12/season, i don't think they're much interested in enforcing a rule that will lower their profits.
4/26/2013 2:38 PM
Posted by crazyivan on 4/26/2013 2:38:00 PM (view original):
as long as WIS is getting $12/season, i don't think they're much interested in enforcing a rule that will lower their profits.

If the bottom line is the main concern regarding this issue, I would suggest that in the long run, a game with fairly enforced rules and reasonable competitive balance is the best way to attract and retain players. Catering to established players at the expense of fairness (perceived or real) limits long term growth potential.

I think most new players look at 2 things when deciding if they are going to stay in this game. 1) Is it a fair game? and 2) Is there a reasonable chance for me to be successful? If a player answers 'no' to either, it's probably going to be a one-and-done. That can't be good for profits, especially when a lot of those new players come in with discounts.

4/26/2013 3:34 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by pkoopman on 4/26/2013 3:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by crazyivan on 4/26/2013 2:38:00 PM (view original):

If the bottom line is the main concern regarding this issue, I would suggest that in the long run, a game with fairly enforced rules and reasonable competitive balance is the best way to attract and retain players. Catering to established players at the expense of fairness (perceived or real) limits long term growth potential.

I think most new players look at 2 things when deciding if they are going to stay in this game. 1) Is it a fair game? and 2) Is there a reasonable chance for me to be successful? If a player answers 'no' to either, it's probably going to be a one-and-done. That can't be good for profits, especially when a lot of those new players come in with discounts.

i think some people are characterizing the defense as, some people want the rules not to apply to them. rather, some people think its a stupid rule, and should be changed. i dont think hardly anyone is arguing for keeping the rule, but not enforcing it - that is just retarded.
4/26/2013 3:43 PM
1234 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.