3-2 vs. 2-3 zone Topic

You are not playing defense when you grab offensive boards... you are looking at this incorrectly. You are playing offense so zone is irrelevant when trying to get offensive boards. You "give up" more offensive rebounds running zone against other opponents but getting them is a matter of what defense your team is playing against and the individual player ratings you have on the offensive end of the court.
5/2/2013 10:03 AM
You're right, I completely failed when I was thinking about that stat.  I thought that my rebounding skills would help, but it's more so overall offensive ratings when it comes to getting an offensive board.  Thanks!
5/2/2013 11:50 AM
Rebounding skills do help with OREB's. Don't get me wrong when I say offensive ratings... it's a combination of RB, ATH and IQ that determines how many OREB's you'll get. As I've been told in the past though, the most important stat to RB is RB so it does come into play significantly. You also have to look at FG%... vs your opponents FG%... If you are hitting a high % of shots then your OREB's will naturally be lower than an opponent who is shooting badly and attacking the glass. The opponent then has more opportunites to get OREB's and may have more in total... that number can be misleading sometimes.  
5/2/2013 11:59 AM
Your explanation makes perfect sense.

When I was game planning for my game this afternoon, I tried to think about how I could enhance that offensive rebounding without thinking about what produces said stat in the first place.  I looked at the 2-3 vs. the 3-2 zone and its effect on rebounding without thinking about how offensive rebounds play into the picture.  Great insight about how offensive rebounding works, so I definitely appreciate it.
5/2/2013 3:32 PM
I've been told work ethic has an effect on the court in some areas, including offensive rebounds. That was in a developer chat several years ago so they could have changed that  (I'm sure you can find the dev chat somewhere if you want, but I don't want to look it up right now).
5/3/2013 8:45 AM
Posted by bistiza on 5/3/2013 8:45:00 AM (view original):
I've been told work ethic has an effect on the court in some areas, including offensive rebounds. That was in a developer chat several years ago so they could have changed that  (I'm sure you can find the dev chat somewhere if you want, but I don't want to look it up right now).
I do remember reading this a long time ago, but not sure where I would find it now or if it even still applies.
5/3/2013 12:14 PM
I've actually heard this as well but I've also heard that WE has absolutely nothing to do with any actual game action. Have no clue what to believe. oh chem I forgot about missed FT's... they count too. 
5/3/2013 8:05 PM
WE does not effect in-game action. 
5/3/2013 8:32 PM
Posted by girt25 on 5/3/2013 8:32:00 PM (view original):
this is absolutely correct, work ethic means nothing in-game.
5/4/2013 6:17 PM
Posted by gillispie on 5/4/2013 6:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by girt25 on 5/3/2013 8:32:00 PM (view original):
this is absolutely correct, work ethic means nothing in-game.
FWIW:

6/10/2012 4:17 AM dacj501
Some users are of the belief that work ethic has an effect on offensive rebounding and defense. Apparently the old admin stated this once in a dev chat. Is this the case still (if it ever was) - basically, does WE affect anything besides rate of growth?

6/11/2012 8:52 AM Customer Support
Darryl,

Work ethic has no impact during game simulation.

6/11/2012 3:05 PM dacj501
thank you. I wasn't sure if something changed when seble redesigned the engine...
5/4/2013 7:17 PM
3-2 vs. 2-3 zone Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.