Division 2 or Division 3 Topic

I am contemplating picking up another team and am trying to determine whether to do division 2 or pick up another division 3 school.  Does anyone want to take a minute and give me some pluses and minuses for division 2 vs 3?  Is it about the same?
5/6/2013 11:49 AM
Division 2 and Division 3 are very similar in game play and the impact of prestige on recruiting, etc. The difference being that you have more monies to recruit at Div-2. I like to use FSS and that is much easier at Div-2 than Div-3 because of the extra recruiting cash.

I personally like Division 2 better than all the other divisions, even better than Div-1.

You have to start in a new world at Div-3 though (if you have never had a team in that world).
5/6/2013 12:06 PM
Okay, thanks.  I did not realize that you had to take a D-3 team when starting in a new world, I guess that makes the decision for me.
5/6/2013 1:08 PM
When I read your question I thought you were trying to decide between taking another D3 team or moving up to D2 in a world you were already in, because as hughesjr said, you have to start out at D3 in any world you haven't yet coached in.

As a general rule I like D2 better as well. I do have a couple of D3 teams, but the lack of cash compared with D2 is significant enough that it can matter.

5/6/2013 1:11 PM
IMO, because DIII tends to be emptier than DII, DII is a bit more competitive.
5/6/2013 2:49 PM
I like D2 over D3. More money gives you more options and flexibility for recruiting while not having to deal with the baseline prestige and power conferences of D1. Plus you get less complete noobs in D2.
5/6/2013 7:27 PM
I think D2 is the best division in the game, rather comfortably.
5/6/2013 11:47 PM
I also prefer D2.  You avoid "Newbies" and single season trial players, and the politics of D1.  Most worlds have fantastic competitive D2 levels, and I cannot express how much better HD is in a human dominated conference or world.
Take a flyer on a strong D3 team in your new world, and move to D2 as quickly as possible.  You will not regret it.
5/7/2013 9:26 AM
Thanks for the input.  I would really like to try Division 2, but am kind of stuck because I am not ready to leave my existing D-3 team and am not sure that I want to start in a new world and have to slog through a meaningless season in order to move up.
5/7/2013 12:43 PM
Posted by bullman17 on 5/7/2013 12:43:00 PM (view original):
Thanks for the input.  I would really like to try Division 2, but am kind of stuck because I am not ready to leave my existing D-3 team and am not sure that I want to start in a new world and have to slog through a meaningless season in order to move up.
If you pick a good team its really easy to get to D2 in 1 or 2 seasons. If you plan on staying for a long time don't let those 2 seasons put you off of trying D2.
5/7/2013 5:18 PM
Division 2 or Division 3 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.