Scholarship Messages Topic

If you fall behind in a recruiting battle, it seems like you always get a scholarship message indicating that you are now trailing. But if you are slightly behind and do a small amount of recruiting to pull slightly ahead, do you also always get a scholarship offer message saying that you are ahead? I am curious to see if anyone knows the answer to this.
5/17/2013 1:54 PM
Yes you get a message if you move ahead, even for slight leads. Normally it will say he still has a couple other schools to check out.
5/17/2013 2:01 PM
Yeah - ended up losing the battle on the last day. I guess I was still slightly behind.
5/18/2013 7:43 PM
Posted by chapelhillne on 5/17/2013 1:54:00 PM (view original):
If you fall behind in a recruiting battle, it seems like you always get a scholarship message indicating that you are now trailing. But if you are slightly behind and do a small amount of recruiting to pull slightly ahead, do you also always get a scholarship offer message saying that you are ahead? I am curious to see if anyone knows the answer to this.
The answer is no ... and yes ... eventually.

Battling a sim, I got the #4 message- "It would be an honor to play for you Emory, but I'd be honored to play for a couple of other schools too. I'm sorry, I just need more time."

This message has been assumed to mean I was slightly behind.

Next cycle I sent a promised start ($10) and a letter ($15). The promised start was accepted, but I got no new scholarship message. I assumed I was still behind. I only had $10 remaining.

Next cycle I sent the guaranteed 20 minutes ($10). I got no response and no new scholarship message. Based on not getting a new scholarship message and having no $ left, I figured I likely was going to lose. 

Never checked back again until 24 hours after signings started.

And here's what happened ...

The cycle before signings started ( and 6 cycles after my last effort) , I got a scholarship message ... "Coach, you're my #1 school right now and if I could sign today, I would. Stupid WCAA and their regulations."

And 7 cycles later he finally signed with me. Again, with no further effort.

I would conclude you do NOT always get a new scholarship if you only move a little ahead ... but you will get one eventually (which really isn't that helpful).

And I would say that message #4 doesn't always mean you're behind. My conclusion would be message #4 indicates close to a dead heat ... and even though I put a little more effort in, I didn't get another new scholarship message because it was still virtually a dead heat ... but there must be a "time" element where they eventually will declare you ahead (in this case the cycle before signings).

6/30/2013 9:32 PM
You do get a new message if the status changes so that you are now either behind or ahead, even slightly.

However, what's difficult (even for people who've been playing this game forever) is that a couple of the schollie messages range somewhere from murky to downright misleading, so you can't always tell.

They really need to fix this. (Particularly the misleading part.)

6/30/2013 10:24 PM
Ooops. Thought I was posting this in the large scholarship messages thread (hence the reference to message #4). WIll re-post in that thread.

And I would stick with my assertion that you do not always get an ahead message ... right away. There seems to be a "it's too close to call - until we have to area". In the above example i never got the ahead message until 6 cycles after my last recruiting effort ( and IMO not coincidently until the cycle before signings.).
7/1/2013 12:38 AM
Here is another question (I am actually asking this for a friend of mine). If a player is considering another school, and I start to compete for that player and he begins to consider me, at what point will I get a scholarship message?

In this case, I didn't get one in the same cycle that he considered me. It was a few cycles later when I put a decent amount more effort in. Does this mean that I am now ahead, since this is the first scholarship message?
5/3/2015 8:16 AM
Posted by chapelhillne on 5/3/2015 8:16:00 AM (view original):
Here is another question (I am actually asking this for a friend of mine). If a player is considering another school, and I start to compete for that player and he begins to consider me, at what point will I get a scholarship message?

In this case, I didn't get one in the same cycle that he considered me. It was a few cycles later when I put a decent amount more effort in. Does this mean that I am now ahead, since this is the first scholarship message?
You should always get a scholarship message.. Though it is not always easy to find and can sometimes look like a phone call message
5/4/2015 2:30 AM
I totally did not realize this was a resurrection til I saw girt's post...
5/4/2015 3:59 AM
Scholarship Messages Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.