REAL basketball SKILL doesn't matter Topic

Posted by Trentonjoe on 6/12/2013 3:08:00 PM (view original):
If a bunch of grown men were picking on my kid I would be ****** too.   I don't care if the kid deserves it, he doesn't need to be piled on.   I would "stand up" for if he was right or wrong.   I wouldn't let my kid think he was without blame but I would certainly make sure I was in his corner no matter what.

Could it have been handled differently, sure.  

Should have we made fun of the kid? Probably not.   If I had know it was a 14 year old, I would have just ignored it.

"He said something dumb so I called him on it" is a pretty bad justification for acting like a jerk.

To be fair his age is not listed on his profile and I think most people automatically assume anyone posting on here is old enough to be able to handle themselves. If not then they shouldn't be posting online anywhere except a kids forum.
6/12/2013 3:16 PM
I think I'm entitled to my own god damn opinion. If u make a suggestion why the hell do I have to agree with it.
6/12/2013 3:24 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 6/12/2013 2:57:00 PM (view original):
Better and better lol...keep it up
6/12/2013 3:29 PM
Posted by phillyboy107 on 6/12/2013 3:24:00 PM (view original):
I think I'm entitled to my own god damn opinion. If u make a suggestion why the hell do I have to agree with it.
There is a big difference between disagree with someone's opinion and calling them a idiot for having it.
6/12/2013 3:47 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 6/12/2013 3:08:00 PM (view original):
If a bunch of grown men were picking on my kid I would be ****** too.   I don't care if the kid deserves it, he doesn't need to be piled on.   I would "stand up" for if he was right or wrong.   I wouldn't let my kid think he was without blame but I would certainly make sure I was in his corner no matter what.

Could it have been handled differently, sure.  

Should have we made fun of the kid? Probably not.   If I had know it was a 14 year old, I would have just ignored it.

"He said something dumb so I called him on it" is a pretty bad justification for acting like a jerk.

+1 Well said.
6/12/2013 3:51 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
troll or not the original post is still stupid (kid or not). And I don't really care if his father is gonna tell me 'I dun goofed'. Eff both of them, dumbass kid and father. 
6/12/2013 5:56 PM
Saddest fact of all....it's been almost 24 hours and the dad still hasn't apologized to those of us he wrongly insulted.  That's REALLY teaching his son an important life lesson.
6/12/2013 6:05 PM
Posted by coach_billyg on 6/12/2013 4:00:00 PM (view original):
forum threads sure have been "interesting" lately. i dont know about you guys but by age 12 or 13 i wouldnt expect to get any special "kid" treatment, i hated getting my age asked when i was 12/13 because i felt it would only cause a bias that i just had no interest in. i agree this most likely has to be a troll, what dead beat dad lets their kid post on the forums with a real name alias, and then suddenly is non dead beat enough to message all these people? i really struggle to believe the situation is genuine. sure is a strange way of trolling though...
what day knows what a "troll" is...
and then mass messages all "trolls" personally expecting a benefit
6/12/2013 6:07 PM
Posted by alblack56 on 6/12/2013 6:05:00 PM (view original):
Saddest fact of all....it's been almost 24 hours and the dad still hasn't apologized to those of us he wrongly insulted.  That's REALLY teaching his son an important life lesson.
He hasn't even open mine let alone reply!
6/12/2013 6:07 PM
Posted by dacj501 on 6/12/2013 5:56:00 PM (view original):
troll or not the original post is still stupid (kid or not). And I don't really care if his father is gonna tell me 'I dun goofed'. Eff both of them, dumbass kid and father. 
lofl! Agreed.

I was trying to think about this more in depth today...I mean why would you even post something like this for a game that you no longer play?  It doesn't really discuss anything to do with the game other than the "kid" seems to be a lousy recruiter, and if that is the case, why not ask for help or further clarification on certain aspects of the game?  You get more flies with honey than with vinegar.  It doesn't really make sense to say something (ridiculous) about a game you seemingly don't like and are quitting.
6/12/2013 6:33 PM
Posted by phillyboy107 on 6/12/2013 6:07:00 PM (view original):
Likewise, my sitemail is still in timeout...
6/12/2013 6:34 PM
A kid did something dumb.  His dad tried to stand up for him in a way he probably didn't realize was dumb.  I'm sure they both feel like ****.  They're not going to sit there and open sitemails that they assume are further flames.  Lay off, fer chrissake.
6/12/2013 7:09 PM
Posted by llamanunts on 6/12/2013 7:09:00 PM (view original):
A kid did something dumb.  His dad tried to stand up for him in a way he probably didn't realize was dumb.  I'm sure they both feel like ****.  They're not going to sit there and open sitemails that they assume are further flames.  Lay off, fer chrissake.

The sitemails could also be apologies. Why wouldn't you want your son to see those?

6/12/2013 7:30 PM
Posted by phillyboy107 on 6/12/2013 6:07:00 PM (view original):
I'm not gonna lie it freaks me out that people know when I have read their sitemails.  
6/12/2013 9:30 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8 Next ▸
REAL basketball SKILL doesn't matter Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.