School Memorilbilia? Topic

Just curious on how far you guys get into your favorite schools. For example, I'm in a conference with a lot of my friends from high school in the RMAC and we buy online from our schools bookstores like sweatshirts and mugs and shirts because we our schools are our babies. We take it a step further when we like the actual schools page on Facebook and post comments as if we really are the head coach to random school events that students or faculty posts.

Does anyone do things like this or have cool items from their respective schools? Now if it it actually your team in real life that doesn't count cause my collection of UK stuff is pretty extensive.
6/13/2013 4:53 PM
I just sent my wife a link to Bowie State merchandise for birthday, etc.  Thanks for the reminder.
6/13/2013 5:03 PM
I saw a groupon a while back for prepsportswear.com and ended up buying a couple t-shirts for my HD teams.  I even added a last name and a number on the back for one of them..of course for the school's leading scorer and one of my favorite players of all-time.  Seriously he was a D3 big with about 85 each in Ath/Spd/Reb.

And yes I realize just how dorky that is.  It happens.

6/13/2013 5:08 PM
Posted by killbatman on 6/13/2013 5:08:00 PM (view original):
I saw a groupon a while back for prepsportswear.com and ended up buying a couple t-shirts for my HD teams.  I even added a last name and a number on the back for one of them..of course for the school's leading scorer and one of my favorite players of all-time.  Seriously he was a D3 big with about 85 each in Ath/Spd/Reb.

+1
I have to make that name/number tee-sounds like a great idea.
6/13/2013 5:17 PM
Posted by killbatman on 6/13/2013 5:08:00 PM (view original):

Haha that's awesome, I love it. I just saw a FatHead of the Colorado School of Mines Oredigger that is going in my basement one day. I need a Paul Longo jersey.
6/13/2013 5:18 PM
At least 3 teams in our conference have team shirts.  
6/13/2013 6:02 PM
Posted by dbarth101 on 6/13/2013 4:53:00 PM (view original):
Just curious on how far you guys get into your favorite schools. For example, I'm in a conference with a lot of my friends from high school in the RMAC and we buy online from our schools bookstores like sweatshirts and mugs and shirts because we our schools are our babies. We take it a step further when we like the actual schools page on Facebook and post comments as if we really are the head coach to random school events that students or faculty posts.

Does anyone do things like this or have cool items from their respective schools? Now if it it actually your team in real life that doesn't count cause my collection of UK stuff is pretty extensive.
If you have someone at Western State let me know. I went there and have so much gear it's unbelievable. 
6/13/2013 6:16 PM
Posted by thinair on 6/13/2013 6:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dbarth101 on 6/13/2013 4:53:00 PM (view original):

If you have someone at Western State let me know. I went there and have so much gear it's unbelievable. 
My cousin was coaching there until he forgot to renew. He is now at Adams St, but currently Mountaineer Nation is looking for a coach. One of only two teams in the league coach-less. The administration said they are looking for someone that knows the tradition. Possibly an alumni. Sounds like you would be the perfect fit!
6/13/2013 6:41 PM
I took a red T-shirt (Transylvania's colors) and ironed on white letters. It said, "Transy" on the front. On the back was listed my Final Four appearances.  I wore it to a sports bar where I met conference mates for the first time.
6/13/2013 7:22 PM
Haha, I would consider it but I'm already there as a destination in Phelan. Western to Adams.....my goodness....that sure wouldn't happen in real life. Too bad for him, alamosa is a sh** hole unlike the beautiful town that is Gunnison! I do have a sweet beanie that I stole from an Adams State kid. Was going to sacrifice it in a bon-fire at some point but I could possibly give it away. 
6/13/2013 7:35 PM
This forum was a bad idea. I just bought a Mines Pinnie and pint glass. The Mines bookstore is really on top of his game.
6/13/2013 8:08 PM
I can still remember being a freshman and hearing the "oooooooooorediggers" chant while thinking a giant WTF is an oredigger. I remember after one beat down we gave them one of them told us we'd (western) be working for them one day. I told him it was a pretty stupid comment to think someone as stupid as me would be working in the engineering career field. 

The truth of the matter is I would have felt quite confident in a spelling bee contest. 
6/13/2013 10:02 PM
Posted by thinair on 6/13/2013 10:02:00 PM (view original):
I can still remember being a freshman and hearing the "oooooooooorediggers" chant while thinking a giant WTF is an oredigger. I remember after one beat down we gave them one of them told us we'd (western) be working for them one day. I told him it was a pretty stupid comment to think someone as stupid as me would be working in the engineering career field. 

The truth of the matter is I would have felt quite confident in a spelling bee contest. 
Hahaha that is awesome. I'm dying thinking of that, but it was so funny. I was "talking" to this girl from Colorado my junior year at UK and she mentioned Mines, and I went on and described whatif to her and my connection to Mines. She knew that they were the Orediggers but Needless to say we are no longer talking and have no chance of furthering the relationship! Mines over matter!!!
6/14/2013 12:48 AM
Posted by dbarth101 on 6/14/2013 12:48:00 AM (view original):
Posted by thinair on 6/13/2013 10:02:00 PM (view original):

Hahaha that is awesome. I'm dying thinking of that, but it was so funny. I was "talking" to this girl from Colorado my junior year at UK and she mentioned Mines, and I went on and described whatif to her and my connection to Mines. She knew that they were the Orediggers but Needless to say we are no longer talking and have no chance of furthering the relationship! Mines over matter!!!
Hahahahaha! That's excellent. I got a Transylvania t-shirt when passing through Kentucky, haven't picked up a Seattle t-shirt quite yet.
6/14/2013 7:12 AM
I can honestly say I've never bought anything from a college because I coach their school in HD.
6/14/2013 10:38 AM
123 Next ▸
School Memorilbilia? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.