Anybody watching Spurs/Heat game...thoughts? Topic

Posted by The Taint on 6/19/2013 10:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bistiza on 6/19/2013 4:30:00 PM (view original):
dahs,

You're just a message board bully, and you've finally got someone your own "size" to pick on (that's me), but you aren't happy with that because you'd rather be king **** of the message board.

You don't want anyone coming around who can actually hold their own with you in an argument, but you realize I tend to defend "minority" positions not many people agree with, so you've decided to try to use that to discredit me and retain your spot on top of the mountain.

Listen, I don't care about your pathetic mountaintop. Keep thinking you're the best on here and what you say is what goes. I don't give a ****.

I'm only interested in having discussion about the topics at hand, which includes sometimes giving my opinion and defending it. That's all. So go toot your own horn somewhere else, because you certainly aren't contributing to the actual discussion in this thread.

Hahahahahahahahaha
I know, right?

It seems swamphawk's bistiza's martyr complex has hijacked another thread.
6/20/2013 3:23 PM
I really don't care about the topic.  I don't like the NBA in general, everybody travels, everybody double dribbles, everybody carries, etc.  And that's ignoring the obvious distaste for defense during the regular season.  What I am tired of is your total inability to recognize your own lack of reasoning skills or see the logic in anyone else's arguments.
6/20/2013 4:05 PM
It's not even your thread, and I bet if we made a poll the other people involved in it would much rather see you leave than me.

Does it make me kind of a jackass?  Yes.  Absolutely.  But not in the way you describe me.  I haven't bothered to defend myself because frankly, nobody other than you believes your characterization of me anyway.  Most of the people here have been communicating with me longer and far more reasonably than you have.
6/20/2013 4:19 PM
Who would you rather see leave this thread (IE agree not to make any further posts):

Votes: 17
(Last vote received: 6/21/2013 11:40 AM)
6/20/2013 4:20 PM
Posted by bistiza on 6/20/2013 3:13:00 PM (view original):
A publicity stunt that raised multiple millions of dollars for charity. There should be more of those publicity stunts, don't you agree?
More people who indulge in shameless self promotion and try to use a charity to make it more palatable to the public? No, I don't want to see more of that. There are plenty of other ways to raise money for charity if that is your goal.

I think the stunt was completely unnecessary to begin with. If a man of LeBron's financial status wants the Boys and Girls Club to get $3 million, he can just give them $3 million without all the fanfare designed to disguise his own selfish promotion.
By the way, holy ******* dramatic.

What, exactly, do you find dramatic?

Is it really that difficult for you to show some empathy for people when they are in a situation you obviously haven't been in? You really can't picture how those people felt, can you? Maybe you should seek help for that.
What situation were these people in? That they are too serious about sports?

No, I've never cared so much about a professional athlete that I burned him in effigy in the streets. That's true. Of course, it doesn't help your point, but it's an accurate statement.
6/20/2013 4:21 PM
What situation were these people in? That they are too serious about sports?

Did you fail to read the posts again? I made several references to the economic impact of LeBron leaving Cleveland that have nothing to do with anyone being "too serious about sports".

Additionally, even if someone were "too serious about sports", that doesn't mean they somehow were unaffected by a player's blatant disregard for them. Still, as you should know if you'd read, there are far bigger impacts than being too serious.
No, I've never cared so much about a professional athlete that I burned him in effigy in the streets. That's true. Of course, it doesn't help your point, but it's an accurate statement.

I think it goes beyond that. I think you can't put yourself in anyone else's shoes, because if you could, you wouldn't be acting like what those people went through was no big deal.
6/20/2013 4:29 PM
You have absolutely no idea what the economic impact was.

On top of that, you're still only talking about him leaving, not how he left. So essentially what you're saying is that Lebron James was never allowed to leave Cleveland. Doesn't matter how or why, but him leaving ruined people's lives, and because of that, he shouldn't have been allowed to leave. You realize how crazy that is, right?
6/20/2013 4:48 PM
Posted by ike1024 on 6/20/2013 4:48:00 PM (view original):
You have absolutely no idea what the economic impact was.

On top of that, you're still only talking about him leaving, not how he left. So essentially what you're saying is that Lebron James was never allowed to leave Cleveland. Doesn't matter how or why, but him leaving ruined people's lives, and because of that, he shouldn't have been allowed to leave. You realize how crazy that is, right?
+1
6/20/2013 4:57 PM
Posted by bistiza on 6/20/2013 3:50:00 PM (view original):
I'm just discussing the topic at hand, which is the Spurs/Heat. LeBron James is  a player involved. It's on-topic and appropriate.

I also happened to call dahs out for not discussing the topic and instead attempting to bully me.

So you aren't denying you're Swamphawk?  I guess it would make sense if you were, given how stubborn and off base you are, but I don't remember Swamphawk being so.........intellectual.
6/20/2013 5:11 PM
Posted by bistiza on 6/20/2013 4:26:00 PM (view original):
dahs,

I'm just trying to get you to see how foolish it is for you to keep coming into posts and going into an off-topic rant about  me.

The reason you haven't bothered to defend yourself is because you have no defense for yourself. You know what I've said is true. You are exactly as I've described you unless you can give reason why you aren't, but you know better so you wont' even try.

If most people get along with you, that's great. I would suggest that will continue to be the case as long as they don't threaten your role as king **** of the boards. I'm the only one who currently does that, so I'm the object of your pathetic personal attacks.

I'm not even going to bother responding to you further here unless you're discussing the topic. Like I said, if you want to rant about me in a topic of your own, have at it. I might even decide to entertain myself by responding and running circles around your "debate skills" just to get to laugh at the responses I get when you become even more frustrated.

But it won't be happening here. Your days of trolling this thread are over, because this is the last response I'll give to your off-topic BS.
By the way, who designated Dahs as king **** of the message boards? 
6/20/2013 5:13 PM
I voted twice, once for each of you.  I voted for Bistiza for obvious reasons.  I voted for Dahs because he was the one who posted that ridiculous poll.  A "Who would you rather see leave" poll?  Seriously?  What the hell is this, the seventh grade?
6/20/2013 5:21 PM
Posted by dcy0827 on 6/20/2013 5:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bistiza on 6/20/2013 3:50:00 PM (view original):
I'm just discussing the topic at hand, which is the Spurs/Heat. LeBron James is  a player involved. It's on-topic and appropriate.

I also happened to call dahs out for not discussing the topic and instead attempting to bully me.

So you aren't denying you're Swamphawk?  I guess it would make sense if you were, given how stubborn and off base you are, but I don't remember Swamphawk being so.........intellectual.
Swamphawk died.  I think it was supposed to be a comparison, not an accusation.
6/20/2013 5:34 PM
Posted by emy1013 on 6/20/2013 5:21:00 PM (view original):
I voted twice, once for each of you.  I voted for Bistiza for obvious reasons.  I voted for Dahs because he was the one who posted that ridiculous poll.  A "Who would you rather see leave" poll?  Seriously?  What the hell is this, the seventh grade?
I voted for myself for being a huge jackass in this thread and bistiza's still winning in a blowout...
6/20/2013 5:34 PM
This whole thread amounts basically to one thing. Sour grapes.
6/20/2013 6:10 PM

Hey Lebron haters!  How's this for karma?
6/21/2013 12:48 AM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11...28 Next ▸
Anybody watching Spurs/Heat game...thoughts? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.