Anybody watching Spurs/Heat game...thoughts? Topic

Parker isn't looking too shaby so far. I'm guessing him sitting the 4th quarter of the last game was just a precaution.

6/13/2013 9:40 PM
I hate the way NBA calls shooting fouls.
6/13/2013 10:39 PM
I just want the heat to lose
6/13/2013 10:42 PM
NBA is inferior to college ball. It's boring as hell and the superstars are catered to. March Madness > NBA Playoffs
6/13/2013 10:43 PM
haha, I agree with both of you.

Danny Green should absolutely be the finals mvp if the Spurs win. I wonder how long it's been since a non all-star won the finals mvp? I might have to look that one up.

6/13/2013 11:06 PM
Posted by nachopuzzle on 6/13/2013 11:06:00 PM (view original):

Danny Green should absolutely be the finals mvp if the Spurs win. I wonder how long it's been since a non all-star won the finals mvp? I might have to look that one up.

I'd vote for another non-starter: "Lockdown Leonard," the player the Spurs will be building around for the next decade.
6/13/2013 11:23 PM
Meant "non all-star." He's started all yearvwith minutes up in playoffs.
6/13/2013 11:25 PM
Posted by MyGeneration on 6/13/2013 11:23:00 PM (view original):

I'd vote for another non-starter: "Lockdown Leonard," the player the Spurs will be building around for the next decade.
Weirdly, I knew what you were getting at anyways. I feel you on the Leonard thing, but defense isn't sexy enough on it's own to win the finals mvp, although, he has been very efficient offensively. However, what Green has done every game not only in points but also in percentages has been off the chart; and if I'm not mistaken, he's been the one on Lebron when Leonard isn't in the game (but I could be wrong about that, just something I thought I saw).

6/13/2013 11:48 PM
People say "karma" kicked in on Lebron and company for putting together the team the way they did when they lost to Dallas in their first trip to the finals.

I call BS. If "karma" actually worked that way, Lebron would have suffered a career ending injury last season and the team wouldn't make the postseason for several years.

6/14/2013 9:21 AM
Posted by nachopuzzle on 6/13/2013 11:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MyGeneration on 6/13/2013 11:23:00 PM (view original):

Weirdly, I knew what you were getting at anyways. I feel you on the Leonard thing, but defense isn't sexy enough on it's own to win the finals mvp, although, he has been very efficient offensively. However, what Green has done every game not only in points but also in percentages has been off the chart; and if I'm not mistaken, he's been the one on Lebron when Leonard isn't in the game (but I could be wrong about that, just something I thought I saw).

Solid points. Gotta confess, I saw all if Leonard's home games at SDSU & many road ones too. So I am biased. But you mske a good case for Green.
6/14/2013 9:58 AM
The next national media talking head to even infer a comparison between LeBron James and Michael Jordan should be banned from all NBA arenas and league functions for life.
6/14/2013 10:07 AM
Right, because the team Jordan had to work with was JUST like a Boobie/Mo Williams-led Cavs team. Jordan had freaking Scottie Pippen. It's great that he didn't have to leave to find one of the greatest players ever to play with, but that's luck and Bills drafting skill, not Jordan's greatness.

The two worst teams in the history of the NBA finals (at least in my life) are the 2000 Sixers and the 2007 Cavs. Iverson and Lebron singlehandedly willed those teams through the playoffs. Jordan is obviously one of the greatest players ever, but he never even came close to having to do it alone.

My point isn't to say that Lebron is better than Jordan. It's to point of the huge flaw in the "Lebron's a loser for leaving Cleveland" argument.

6/14/2013 11:14 AM
Posted by bistiza on 6/14/2013 11:01:00 AM (view original):
Yeah, you can't compare Lebron and MJ, because MJ worked with the team he had to beat other talented players, while Lebron was a crybaby and left Cleveland to team up with other talented players because he can't get the job done on his own.
Lol, this thought process is extremely shortsighted, and bordering on dumb. This "MJ/Magic/Bird" would have never done what Lebron did is completely unfounded. When Mike was headed into his 5th year the Bulls drafted Scottie Pippen (well traded for him) and Horace Grant. By Scottie's 2nd season it was obvious he was going to be a star in the league. Jordan had absolutely no reason to leave the Bulls, and who knows what would have happened if the Bulls didn't trade for Pippen and kept Olden Polynice, and drafted someone else other than Grant. The Bulls were so good, MJ retired and the Bulls still won 55 games, Scottie was 3rd in MVP voting and they went 7 games with the Knicks in the semis. Lebron left the Cavs and they won 20 games, and haven't sniffed the playoffs since. They were way over the cap, had no promising young players, and a GM that made bad move after bad move. 

I think it's so lame that people act as if Lebron should have stayed in a bad situation just because they think he should have, but ignore the fact that if they were at a job and got offered a better job in a much better location they would jump on it. 
6/14/2013 11:21 AM
Posted by evil_twin on 6/14/2013 10:07:00 AM (view original):
The next national media talking head to even infer a comparison between LeBron James and Michael Jordan should be banned from all NBA arenas and league functions for life.
Whether you like it or not LeBron is clearly on that level. The fact that guys like Charles Barkley and Scottie Pippen say this, should let you know how wrong you are. 
6/14/2013 11:23 AM
Posted by ike1024 on 6/14/2013 11:15:00 AM (view original):
Right, because the team Jordan had to work with was JUST like a Boobie/Mo Williams-led Cavs team. Jordan had freaking Scottie Pippen. It's great that he didn't have to leave to find one of the greatest players ever to play with, but that's luck and Bills drafting skill, not Jordan's greatness.

The two worst teams in the history of the NBA finals (at least in my life) are the 2000 Sixers and the 2007 Cavs. Iverson and Lebron singlehandedly willed those teams through the playoffs. Jordan is obviously one of the greatest players ever, but he never even came close to having to do it alone.

My point isn't to say that Lebron is better than Jordan. It's to point of the huge flaw in the "Lebron's a loser for leaving Cleveland" argument.

Exactly. 
6/14/2013 11:24 AM
1|2|3...28 Next ▸
Anybody watching Spurs/Heat game...thoughts? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.