Anybody watching Spurs/Heat game...thoughts? Topic

Posted by dahsdebater on 7/8/2013 2:38:00 PM (view original):
When did Jordan "get it done on his own?"  I must have missed that title.
Exactly.  Stern won each and every one of his titles for him.  Just like he's done for Shaq/Wade/Kobe and basically every non Pistons/Spurs champion since he's started running the show.
7/8/2013 2:46 PM
It's pretty amazing how Bistiza knows all of LeBrons true intentions and motivations. He must be very close friends with him

Haven't analysts and other player remarked that there isn't a player that works harder than LeBron? Bench presses the most on the team, does the most push-up, runs the most sprints.......I don't know him as we'll as Bistiza does, but I really thought he had the reputation of being a hard worker
7/8/2013 3:10 PM
My decision to be a Cavs fan or not doesn't have the potential to have a negative effect on anyone else, let alone millions of people. That's the difference.

So LeBron should have stayed because him leaving had a negative impact on millions of people? I don't get this. What ties him to these people so much that he's never allowed to achieve his dream of winning a ring? How is this a selfish endeavor to a fault? Disagree completely. If you can switch teams I don't see why he can't. He didn't sign a contract with the people to be responsible for their hopes and dreams. I'm sure all those hours of practice to get where he is today was for the purpose of achieving HIS goals and dreams and not so much everyone else he does and doesn't know.

Jordan didn't need to personally bring players to Chicago, but it sure took Wade and Bosh to go to Miami before LeBron jumped on board. He only wants to play for an all-star team, because he knows that unlike Jordan he can't get it done on his own.

Biggest misconception in basketball I believe. Jordan did nothing on his own. "Pipen - one of the greatest defenders in his era - Kerr - probably the best 3 point shooter ever - Rodman - best rebounder in his era - basically the bulls did what the Cavs didn't.  I also love how you think Chris Bosh is top 5 NBA talent... the big three dwindled to the the big 2 and a 1/2 then to just James and Wade... I think that says all that needs to be said about Bosh. If you have an issue with Bosh/Wade/James - you must have an issue with Jabar/Magic/Worthy or Bird/Mchale/Parish - Garnett/Pierce/Allen (Rondo later) - My point is no one in this game has EVER done it all alone. The only ones to come close were Allen Iverson and Lebron James - both falling very short in the finals to the point it almost wasn't competitive - 7 years in Cav town and you'd probably want an all-star team too.
7/8/2013 3:17 PM
He didn't exactly make the best effort to talk to them and get them to build around him, either.

How do you know this? And again it's on the franchise  to put a team together. We know Jordan didn't want to play with Kukoc and it's documented that he and Kerr had a fist fight - Rodman claims to have never had a conversation with Jordan or Pipen off the court - who knows whatever else happened during that time but the responsibility for building is on the franchise period. All LeBron needs to do is play. By your standards LeBron has to be a superstar - a GM - and take on the hopes and dreams of the masses. That's a bit much huh?  
7/8/2013 3:28 PM
Nothing about staying was stopping him from winning a ring. If you're that **** great, win a ring where you're at. Don't jump ship to join with other stars and take the easy path to a ring.

Again, no one wins alone.

Then at the VERY LEAST bring the all-stars to your team, don't go to theirs. If you're the best in the world you demand everyone go where you want. You don't let Wade run the show and convince you to go to his town. Heck, you agree to take a pay cut to $1 million per year if you have to, but you sure as heck don't sell out like LeBron did.

Look at the situation here - Cleveland or Miami - whose gonna convince anyone to come to Cleveland over Miami (no offense meant to Cleveland)? Young millionaires mind you (You ever been to Miami?) - This is unrealistic. But not even just looking at the city comparisons - no state tax in Florida means more money regardless of what the actual totall dollar amounts in the contracts are - One reason the Rockets are getting Howard. You can't fault this man for making the decision he made looking at the situation... I mean you can if you want to but it's just farfetched to think Lebron could convince Wade and Bosh to come to Cleveland - Did he even love Cleveland that much for all that?
7/8/2013 3:34 PM
"Please stop posting here, whether you consider it trolling or not. You're not adding anything productive to the discussion at all."

Sadly, despite the ludicrous volume of both words and posts, neither are you.
7/8/2013 3:46 PM
Posted by bistiza on 7/8/2013 9:11:00 AM (view original):
  Interesting, pretty much everything that Bistiza accuses people of doing in this thread, he did in that one.

You're going to have to back up an accusation like that with something. Like perhaps any of the things you're actually saying I did.
Like maybe saying that people in this thread shouldn't be close-minded, but saying in the other thread that your mind was already made up and there wasn't anything anyone could do to convince you to change it.

Or.......calling people out for using personal insults, when you called the guy in the other thread an "attention whoring troll" several times.

Or how about accusing the guy of braiding up with the rest of the sheep, not having a mind of his own, simply because his opinion happened to be the majority opinion (adnd the correct one at that)?  Hey, here's a thought.  Maybe, just maybe, that's what he TRULY BELIEVES.  Just because it's not what you believe, and just because it's not some obscure minority viewpoint, doesn't mean he's not making his own informed opinion.  Yet, you can't even acknowledge that.  To you, if a person agrees with the prevailing opinion, it means they're just agreeing with the masses, not thinking anything through.  Well, guess what?  It happens that more than one person can have the same viewpoint and not be a follower.  Damn, it ain't that difficult.

How's that for starters?
7/8/2013 4:03 PM (edited)
Posted by bistiza on 7/8/2013 9:10:00 AM (view original):
Just to clarify, Bistiza, is one of your main points that LeBron should have displayed loyalty to the Cavs and stuck with them for drafting him, since they were his first team and he should have tried to win with that team?

No. LeBron should have displayed loyalty to the Cavs because it was in the best interest of the most people rather than selfishly chasing a championship elsewhere.

It's absolutely amazing that you could even type this with a straight face, assuming of course, that it's not meant as a joke.
7/8/2013 3:56 PM

If the best player in the game tells you as another good player that he'll play with you but only in his city, and you really want to play with him, you do what he says.

This is not even close to true. Yes he's the best player in the game but it doesn't make the "lessers" his minions to command as he sees fit. The NBA probably has more ego than all the other major sports combined and you really think this is how it works? I gotta disagree with this one.

LeBron didn't do that. Gilbert and team management (not to mention fans) were absolutely BLINDSIDED by his "decision".

If this is the case it just shows how bad an organization the Gilbert is running - you never PUT yourself in a situation like this as an owner let alone be blindsided.
7/8/2013 4:06 PM
Posted by emy1013 on 7/8/2013 4:03:00 PM (view original):
  Interesting, pretty much everything that Bistiza accuses people of doing in this thread, he did in that one.

You're going to have to back up an accusation like that with something. Like perhaps any of the things you're actually saying I did.
Like maybe saying that people in this thread shouldn't be close-minded, but saying in the other thread that your mind was already made up and there wasn't anything anyone could do to convince you to change it.

Or.......calling people out for using personal insults, when you called the guy in the other thread an "attention whoring troll" several times.

Or how about accusing the guy of braiding up with the rest of the sheep, not having a mind of his own, simply because his opinion happened to be the majority opinion (adnd the correct one at that)?  Hey, here's a thought.  Maybe, just maybe, that's what he TRULY BELIEVES.  Just because it's not what you believe, and just because it's not some obscure minority viewpoint, doesn't mean he's not making his own informed opinion.  Yet, you can't even acknowledge that.  To you, if a person agrees with the prevailing opinion, it means they're just agreeing with the masses, not thinking anything through.  Well, guess what?  It happens that more than one person can have the same viewpoint and not be a follower.  Damn, it ain't that difficult.

How's that for starters?
emy, I listed out 5-10 examples earlier (from this very thread) of him talking down to people and he flat-out denied that any of my examples showed it.  It's not at all interesting to argue with someone if they literally never budge an inch on anything.  Which of course has been pointed out, but that too was flat-out denied.

I'm starting to lean less towards "troll" and more towards "decently book smart with just abysmal self-awareness"..but that's probably what the troll would want me to think...
7/8/2013 4:15 PM
Jordan didn't need to personally bring players to Chicago, but it sure took Wade and Bosh to go to Miami before LeBron jumped on board. He only wants to play for an all-star team, because he knows that unlike Jordan he can't get it done on his own.

One more thing. You know the Bulls went 55-27 without Jordan when he retired? That team showed how great a supporting cast Jordan had. What happened when Lebron left Cleveland?
7/8/2013 4:22 PM
Posted by killbatman on 7/8/2013 4:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by emy1013 on 7/8/2013 4:03:00 PM (view original):

How's that for starters?
emy, I listed out 5-10 examples earlier (from this very thread) of him talking down to people and he flat-out denied that any of my examples showed it.  It's not at all interesting to argue with someone if they literally never budge an inch on anything.  Which of course has been pointed out, but that too was flat-out denied.

I'm starting to lean less towards "troll" and more towards "decently book smart with just abysmal self-awareness"..but that's probably what the troll would want me to think...
That about sums it up, yes.
7/8/2013 4:29 PM
"LeBron didn't do that. Gilbert and team management (not to mention fans) were absolutely BLINDSIDED by his "decision". 

How were the Cavs blindsided by LeBron leaving?  His contract was up and there was definitely no reassurance that he was coming back.  When LeBron took off his jersey heading into the locker room after the Game 6 loss to the Celtics, I believe the announcer said (not positive on this one, I know it was definitely discussed with the people I was watching the game with) "That may be the last time we see LeBron James in a Cavaliers' jersey."  The Knicks had been clearing cap room preparing for LeBron's free agency for 2 years.  When the Cavs failed to surround LeBron with a championship level supporting cast for 7 years, they full well knew that he could leave.  The Cavs, the Knicks, the rest of the NBA, and anyone who paid any attention to basketball knew that LeBron leaving Cleveland was a large possibility years before The Decision.  
7/8/2013 4:40 PM
Anyone else think there's a chance bistiza is actually Dan Gilbert in real life?
7/8/2013 5:15 PM
Posted by darnoc29099 on 7/8/2013 5:15:00 PM (view original):
Anyone else think there's a chance bistiza is actually Dan Gilbert in real life?

He might as well be. His posts are as absurd as the open letter Gilbert wrote when LJ left.

7/8/2013 5:47 PM
◂ Prev 1...23|24|25|26|27|28 Next ▸
Anybody watching Spurs/Heat game...thoughts? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.