I'm not the only one that thought this resume would have a shot at d- d1 with 200+ wins and some good runs I thought I would qualify and I dnt see how I'm not even close?
6/15/2013 6:28 PM
Not that I've tracked it much patsrule, but here are 2 example resumés of D3 coaches skipping D2 and going straight to D1.  Defiance (coach carl3298) and CSU Eastbay (tedlukacs).  Could give you a rough idea of what's needed, and looks like both coaches had at least 9 years of D3 experience before making the move.
6/15/2013 6:35 PM
Posted by patsrule755 on 6/15/2013 6:28:00 PM (view original):
I'm not the only one that thought this resume would have a shot at d- d1 with 200+ wins and some good runs I thought I would qualify and I dnt see how I'm not even close?
The loyalty is the big reason. I mean I haven't been to d1 but I look at and see u jumped teams a bunch of times and they were all laterals which is worse.
6/15/2013 6:36 PM
That's what I thought didn't allow me to qualify which was loyalty and maybe that second round also I was so close to moving on too.
6/15/2013 6:42 PM
Posted by darnoc29099 on 6/15/2013 6:35:00 PM (view original):
Not that I've tracked it much patsrule, but here are 2 example resumés of D3 coaches skipping D2 and going straight to D1.  Defiance (coach carl3298) and CSU Eastbay (tedlukacs).  Could give you a rough idea of what's needed, and looks like both coaches had at least 9 years of D3 experience before making the move.
So it looks like tedlukacs and patsrule have very similar resumes, except ted probably had better rep and loyalty.  So if I were you pats, I would stay put for 1 or 2 more seasons, and as long as you have at least decent success and don't cut anyone, you should be able to make the move up to D1.
6/15/2013 7:11 PM
I haven't tracked it either, but I saw getiguy do it recently
6/15/2013 7:25 PM
Posted by m4284850 on 6/15/2013 7:11:00 PM (view original):
So it looks like tedlukacs and patsrule have very similar resumes, except ted probably had better rep and loyalty.  So if I were you pats, I would stay put for 1 or 2 more seasons, and as long as you have at least decent success and don't cut anyone, you should be able to make the move up to D1.
Yeah that's exactly what I'm going to do I like what I have coming back and I think I could have some more success and hopefully move up to d1 in 1-3 seasons.
6/15/2013 7:42 PM
D3 to D1 jump is not too difficult so long as you stay in the same place for awhile and show success there instead of job jumping all the time. I was at La Grange for 18 seasons before I made the jump (although I was qualified 4-5 seasons prior). I didn't have amazing success but the school also hadn't won a single tournament game before I got there.

http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/CoachProfile/Default.aspx?uid=680517&wid=10
6/16/2013 1:30 AM
Posted by m4284850 on 6/15/2013 7:11:00 PM (view original):
Ted's is not far off, but there is a monster difference between Pats and Carl's though.  Pats also has several seasons with double digit losses (including a few recently), whereas Ted doesn't have those in his last few seasons.  The resumes aren't that far apart, but if you look at them closely, I think it's fairly obvious that Ted's resume is better, and by a decent margin.  That being said, I'm surprised that Ted's was good enough to move directly from D3 to D1.  Game has changed a whole lot since I started if that's all it takes now to go straight to D1 from D3. 

Also surprised that the resume Skinz posted above was considered good enough to go straight to D1.  It's a very solid resume, now doubt, but nothing that screams D1, D1, D1.  Some nice, long term success, but only one NT run past the Sweet Sixteen.  Very nice overall record though, for an extended period of time, which was obviously enough.  Solid, solid resume.
6/16/2013 1:55 AM (edited)
I was eligible for D1 the past few seasons, I made the jump to D2 instead but you can look at this resume to get an idea. http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/History.aspx?tid=12504
6/16/2013 1:50 AM
Posted by patsrule755 on 6/15/2013 6:28:00 PM (view original):
I just don't think it's as good as you think it might be.  You've only got twelve seasons total.  Two of those twelve were losing records.  Seven of the twelve had at least ten losses, and three of the other five seasons had nine losses.  Yes, you've got a Final Four and an Elite Eight recently, but too much team jumping, some fairly mediocre records, and a couple nice postseason runs, just don't add up to being able to make that jump right now.  I think if you were looking at it with an unbiased opinion, you'd probably agree.
6/16/2013 2:01 AM
Now that I really look at it I dnt think I should have qualified this season but I dnt think I am as far out as u think. And skins resume defintaley should qualify for d1 and it did.
6/16/2013 2:46 AM
Also with those seasons at la grange u have to take into consideration that I'm in one of the hardest d3 conferences there are. if u look at skins resume who was the coach before me he has some of those seasons too.
6/16/2013 2:49 AM
Posted by skinzfan36 on 6/16/2013 1:30:00 AM (view original):
D3 to D1 jump is not too difficult so long as you stay in the same place for awhile and show success there instead of job jumping all the time. I was at La Grange for 18 seasons before I made the jump (although I was qualified 4-5 seasons prior). I didn't have amazing success but the school also hadn't won a single tournament game before I got there.

Three coaches from the USA South jumped from D3 to D1 in the Ivy league in the same year (Me, skinzfan36, and toknowpepsi). That's the same conference patsfan is in now. One more coach may jump this year to coach Columbia. Even with the success I had a t Palm Beach Atlantic, I didn't qualify for may teams at all, despite all of the national championships. I think the best prestige I could get was like a D+, which was kind of frustrating.
6/16/2013 12:22 PM
Posted by chapelhillne on 6/16/2013 12:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by skinzfan36 on 6/16/2013 1:30:00 AM (view original):

Three coaches from the USA South jumped from D3 to D1 in the Ivy league in the same year (Me, skinzfan36, and toknowpepsi). That's the same conference patsfan is in now. One more coach may jump this year to coach Columbia. Even with the success I had a t Palm Beach Atlantic, I didn't qualify for may teams at all, despite all of the national championships. I think the best prestige I could get was like a D+, which was kind of frustrating.
A D+?  This past job cycle, I was a long shot for 1 C prestige and a quite a few C-'s.  That's surprising to me that you didn't have more choices.
6/16/2013 12:41 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.