Another 2 Teams 1 World Situation Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Oh the tangled webs we weave...
6/30/2013 11:42 PM
Well, initially I was going to let you in, until I saw this nonsense today and have since rescinded the invite and deleted your team.  I was going to give you an 8th chance, but you continue to show what a whining chooch you are, and to be honest, I don't know how the Navy puts up with you.  There's a difference between me and you, Kev...I'm good for this game and you aren't.  Please stop trying to screw guys to get them booted/to quit HD...not only is it annoying as ****, but it makes you look like a complete embittered ***.  Sink your own ******* battleship already...
7/1/2013 12:12 AM
Nothing on my end or Yahoo's end ever said that you declined anything, so for all I know, you're lying just to save face...haven't seen that out of you before...

Also, it says a lot about someone who won a portion of the best, most unique fantasy football league in the world, and they aren't allowed back...what a shame...at least we all found you out to be the rat that you are...Moe, Larry, the cheese...

7/1/2013 12:26 AM
Posted by stinenavy on 6/30/2013 5:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by angmar on 6/30/2013 4:40:00 PM (view original):
Seriously, are you going to cry every time you lose a recruit?  Quit acting like a little girl with a skinned knee and win the recruit.  If you can't, then why don't you just report him like you try to do everybody else?  Only problem is, he's within the rules set up by WiS, so good luck with that.  Damn, you have GOT to be the biggest baby on this site, bar none.  Waaaah, I'm going to lose another recruit to a long distance team because I don't know how to recruit, so I guess I'll cry and go tell.    I think it's hilarious that you're gonna lose the recruit to a coach with two teams in that world and because he's within the rules, there isn't jack **** you can do about it.
Emy the liar has returned. Go find anything where I complained about losing a recruit. I'll wait.
The whole witch hunt you put out to get BillyG's second team rescinded was due to him beating you for a recruit long distance.  Surely you haven't forgotten that already?  Or are you gonna stick to your very weak story that losing that recruit had NOTHING to do with you trying to get him booted?  My goodness, surely you realize that you're not fooling anyone that followed that thread.  Oh, and Stein, you can keep calling me a liar as much as you'd like, really.  If it makes you feel any better, every time you do, I lose roughly .0000000004763 seconds worth of sleep.  Can hardly make it through the next day I'm so tired. 

7/1/2013 1:10 AM
Posted by tbird9423 on 6/30/2013 10:01:00 PM (view original):
I see two points and think most people would agree:
   1.  JDNO is following the rules so stine's complaint should be with the rules committee and no one else  and
   2.  Anyone who wants to with only one team in a world can view JDNO as having an unfair advantage and can put asterisks next to his teams in the future.
My third point I imagine I am the only one who would agree with is:
   3.  If JDNO operates in this fashion, I don't want to play in the world's he plays in... which is why this game is stuck.  Anyone for a new world with only one team and no baseline prestige yet? 
1.  Agreed (I can't believe I actually agree with Tbird on anything, could mean the apocalypse is near).

2.  Why asterisks?  As you said in your first point, he's playing within the rules set up by WiS.  Anyone else has the exact same option.

3.  A new world might be fun, but there are so many Sim teams in all the other worlds, WiS will probably never open a new world.  Nor should they at this point.

Continuing this point, realistically, how would you go about stopping a coach from having two teams if he really wanted them?  Say someone wants two teams, they purchase one with their credit card using their IP address.  Second step, have a friend purchase a team for you, using his credit card and his IP address.  If the coach never makes mention of the fact that he's controlling two teams, he'll never get caught.  So, how do you stop that?  See, THOSE are the coaches that people like Stein should be worrying about, the under the radar coaches.  Not the coaches who are up front about their ID's.  The guys that are out in the open should be the LEAST of anyone's concern, simply because since they ARE known, they are much easier to watch and see if anything underhanded is going on.  Unfortunately, there seem to be a handful of hall monitors on here that just can't quite grasp that concept.  Thay want to go after the "out in the open" guys, while the underground coaches sit back and laugh their ***** off. 
7/1/2013 1:24 AM
This is why everyone with two teams in a world should just have to make it known. Have WIS check to see if he used any effort from stanford to win recruits for illinois. Should take 5 minutes, (after the 4 days to respond to it unfortunately).
7/1/2013 1:24 AM
Posted by tacokisses on 7/1/2013 1:24:00 AM (view original):
This is why everyone with two teams in a world should just have to make it known. Have WIS check to see if he used any effort from stanford to win recruits for illinois. Should take 5 minutes, (after the 4 days to respond to it unfortunately).
Agreed.  With usernames like jdno and jdno2, how on earth could we ever tell that it's the same person coaching those two teams.  Impossible!

Seriously, jdno did nothing wrong.  The kid was in Wyoming for crying out loud.  The way this blew up on the Rupp CC's, I thought the kid was in the Bay Area.
7/1/2013 9:07 AM
too lazy to read all of this but from what I'm getting at is, Illinois took a player from Oregon, and Stanford wasn't in a battle with Oregon, right? If so, what's the issue? This would be a problem is Stanford was battling Oregon and then Illinois jumped on Oregon.
7/1/2013 10:55 AM
Yeah post started out with Stine asking fair or foul? Think it is fair Stine.  There is no evidence of anything here except Jdno trying to get the best available recruit possible for his team.  You honestly don't think it is possible that he tried to recruit the #1 PF and #2 overall player simply to better his team and not because of some hidden agenda to weaken the PAC10 conference? Jdno did a great job explaining his recruiting logic early in this post presenting all the facts which unless I missed it you did not respond to at all in this thread.  He shouldn't have to defend his recruiting strategy to anyone and you haven't provided any evidence at all of any foul play here.  He recruited a top recruit in Wyoming because he was a good recruit that he calculated that he could win from you.  Isn't that what we all do when we recruit, try and get the best recruit possible that we think we can win using different recruiting strategies? I think you owe an apology and really need to think about the logic of your complaint before posting.  To say that Jdno with Illinois can't go after any recruit that a PAC10 team goes after 1st because it is helping weaken Stanford's conference competition is a big stretch to say it nicely.
7/1/2013 11:27 AM
Posted by stinenavy on 6/30/2013 10:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gillispie on 6/30/2013 7:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by caesari on 6/30/2013 6:47:00 PM (view original):
This is really getting ridiculous.

Jdno is definitely in a grey area, but have you sitemailed him? Have you chatted with him about it before deciding to sensationalize it as if you were the tabloids? I get that what he did was questionable, but your motives have always been questionable as well. He has come on here and respectfully defended himself and attempted to justify his actions, while you attempt to tarnish his reputation.

This could have easily been avoided if you would have sitemailed him first and discussed it. I don't get why you can't contact users first and try and figure this out, and if you determine they were blatantly trying to cheat, then coming to the forums would be justifiable as well.
exactly.

stine - so jdno cant recruit against any teams who he might like to see lose a recruit? lets see, by that logic, that includes his conferences (although many of us would rather see conf mates succeed), the members of big conferences near by - obviously - and probably their conference mates, as that weakens the conference, which helps him against those nearby - as well as any other high end mid majors in the area who might compete with him for a recruit. so.... from the standpoint of a guy with 2 high end teams... thats everybody?? what a joke. clearly agenda driven, man, you really cant stand to lose a recruit, can you? you realize most people who play this game are adults, right? you might want to consider another online game, something that suits your personality and maturity a bit better. hello kitty, perhaps?
Weren't you leaving?

Keep beating up that strawman. You're a fool if you inferred that I said anything close to "jdno cant recruit against any teams who he might like to see lose a recruit".

I'll expect your response to this to be a five paragraph diatribe comparing this situation to Auschwitz. Don't let me down.
You owe jdno a public apology as far as I'm concerned.  You can't hide behind the "fair or foul" question.  If you really were harmlessly asking for clarification, you would've either sitemailed him or posted this with details but no name.  What you did essentially just attacked his reputation.
7/1/2013 11:42 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Another 2 Teams 1 World Situation Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.