Anyone in HD watch Big Brother Topic

Posted by dbarth101 on 7/15/2013 10:00:00 PM (view original):
I'm so pumped so many people watch. I actually applied to be on the show this year as a 22 year old innocent looking contestest. The two things I was nervous about if I got it was 1. Pharm school starting in the fall and 2. Whatif.. No joke. Aaryn as already been fired by 2 jobs and a Gna Marie by 1 for being racist. The whole MVP thing is a little over the top if Elissa is the only one that wins it because its just wayy too much power until she gets out but I do like her. Howard should of came clean to Helen completely that could hurt him a lot
Wait jobs have actually fired ppl bc they think they are racist? That's just wrong. Your supposed to have the right to think and believe what you want and to say it if you want (free speech) so thats completely wrong.
7/18/2013 1:44 PM
Posted by shawnfucious on 7/18/2013 1:44:00 PM (view original):
I'm so pumped so many people watch. I actually applied to be on the show this year as a 22 year old innocent looking contestest. The two things I was nervous about if I got it was 1. Pharm school starting in the fall and 2. Whatif.. No joke. Aaryn as already been fired by 2 jobs and a Gna Marie by 1 for being racist. The whole MVP thing is a little over the top if Elissa is the only one that wins it because its just wayy too much power until she gets out but I do like her. Howard should of came clean to Helen completely that could hurt him a lot
Wait jobs have actually fired ppl bc they think they are racist? That's just wrong. Your supposed to have the right to think and believe what you want and to say it if you want (free speech) so thats completely wrong.
Umm, are you serious? You can think and believe what you want, but you can't be racist because oftentimes it gets in the way of someone else's happiness (pursuit of happiness). You should, and you do get fired if you're verbally racist towards other people.
7/18/2013 2:10 PM
Free speech as guaranteed by the 1st Amendment protects individuals from persecution by the government for protected speech. Employers, especially in "at-will" states, can typically fire employees for any reason. The two concepts are not related.
7/18/2013 3:12 PM
Posted by vinceharris on 7/18/2013 2:10:00 PM (view original):
Umm, are you serious? You can think and believe what you want, but you can't be racist because oftentimes it gets in the way of someone else's happiness (pursuit of happiness). You should, and you do get fired if you're verbally racist towards other people.
Yes I am serious firing someone bc they say something you don't like is ridiculous.
7/18/2013 3:13 PM
Big Brother watches you...
7/18/2013 3:22 PM
Posted by shawnfucious on 7/18/2013 3:13:00 PM (view original):
Posted by vinceharris on 7/18/2013 2:10:00 PM (view original):
Yes I am serious firing someone bc they say something you don't like is ridiculous.
if an employee says something that reflects poorly on your job/company/team/whatever you are well within you right to fire them.  People can think and believe whatever they want to believe when they are behind closed doors in their own home.  When it becomes public and reflects poorly on others, it becomes a problem.  This happens probably a lot more than you realize.
7/18/2013 7:16 PM
Posted by skinndogg on 7/18/2013 11:59:00 AM (view original):
I think Helen is making a classic Big Brother mistake.  She's letting the head of household power get to her head.  She's forcing people into situations they don't want to be in.  It could bite her in the end.

But it looks like Jeremy is going home.

One more thing, this should be the last week of America's power.  Allyssa has way too much power, and it's an unfair advantage.
Disagree about the MVP.  I will admit that they probably didn't expect the same person to win it week after week, however I also believe that if the idiot squad hadn't targeted Elissa from the get-go for stupid, petty reasons that she may not have won the MVP in the first place.  I think once people saw how she was being treated it had a definite impact on how that vote was going to play out.  

At this point there is so much hostility towards the other bullies in the house that it probably won't change the MVP voting much, but I don't see anything wrong with that.  Can you imagine how this season would be going if the MVP vote wasn't part of the game?  The bullies would have dominated this game and it would have become virtually unwatchable.
7/18/2013 7:19 PM
LOL....Jeremy is being discriminated against because he's a "winner" and she's being discriminated against because she's "cute".

Too funny Aary(a)n
7/18/2013 9:29 PM
Posted by bow2dacowz on 7/18/2013 7:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by skinndogg on 7/18/2013 11:59:00 AM (view original):
I think Helen is making a classic Big Brother mistake.  She's letting the head of household power get to her head.  She's forcing people into situations they don't want to be in.  It could bite her in the end.

But it looks like Jeremy is going home.

One more thing, this should be the last week of America's power.  Allyssa has way too much power, and it's an unfair advantage.
Disagree about the MVP.  I will admit that they probably didn't expect the same person to win it week after week, however I also believe that if the idiot squad hadn't targeted Elissa from the get-go for stupid, petty reasons that she may not have won the MVP in the first place.  I think once people saw how she was being treated it had a definite impact on how that vote was going to play out.  

At this point there is so much hostility towards the other bullies in the house that it probably won't change the MVP voting much, but I don't see anything wrong with that.  Can you imagine how this season would be going if the MVP vote wasn't part of the game?  The bullies would have dominated this game and it would have become virtually unwatchable.
I disagree. I think BB INTENTIONALLY created the MVP having Elissa in mind. Keeping around Elissa long enough gives Rachel's fans something to cheer for, which equals better ratings. It will be interesting to see who America votes to put on the block (Aaryn being the obvious front runner), but based off the live feeds (yes, I am a loser) seems like there's a lot of hatred towards Amanda, who seems to be very controlling. 
7/19/2013 9:35 AM

America will vote for Aaryn, but I'm wandering how's it going to work.  Let's say Judd puts up Aaryn, will the vote go for the person with the 2nd most votes, but are NOT put on the block by Judd?

And note to Jessie.  Just because Judd is HOH does not mean you have to hook up with him.  Just don't do it.

Amanda is controlling, and she's playing Mcrae like a fiddle.  I don't watch the live feeds, but I do read a blog that watches it.  In my opinion, if you watch too much, you end up not liking ANY of them. 

And the list is long of people who have won Big Brother that I didn't like.  Will, Evil Dick, the guy that won because he was in a wheelchair, Rachel for that matter.  There's just more than one way to win this game.  Even after watching the HOH competiton last night, don't you think luck has a little to do with it?  Judd didn't have a clue how many gallons it took, and neither did anyone else.
7/19/2013 11:55 AM (edited)
Haha I agree 100% with watching the live feeds makes you hate everyone. I'm certainly going through that now.

That's a good point about if America's nomination is already on the block. I'm just hoping they don't know America is the MVP so paranoia sets in and chaos ensues. Should be an interesting week!
7/19/2013 12:00 PM
I guess we can agree to disagree regarding the MVP.  There were a whole lot of people...myself included...who absolutely hated Rachel with a passion.  I think it would have been very shortsighted to think that her sister would garner any kind of favor just because of her bloodlines.
7/19/2013 2:05 PM
I didn't like Rachel either.  Just too obnoxious and in your face for my taste.  Her sister isn't near that bad, even though her smile is beginning to creep me out a little.  She almost looks like Jack Nicholson's joker in the older Batman.
7/19/2013 3:16 PM
Posted by skinndogg on 7/19/2013 3:16:00 PM (view original):
I didn't like Rachel either.  Just too obnoxious and in your face for my taste.  Her sister isn't near that bad, even though her smile is beginning to creep me out a little.  She almost looks like Jack Nicholson's joker in the older Batman.
Woah I don't know of you see this,but I meant to quote you and I accidentally hit report. My bad, but I wanted to say that it was funny cause I was only 83 gallons off (but I was over, you can ask hoke). It was nuts. But I do agree there is so much luck involved. Will even though he is regarded the best player of all time he still almost lost so many different times. I really did like Frank from last year. Guy was just a beast. But he cast this year is kinda really, really dumb. Too many got their hands in too many pots at the beginning.
7/22/2013 9:55 PM
Bumping the thread. Seems like Aaryn will be around a while longer -- Candice, Jessie, Spencer, and GM now all seem to be lower in the pecking order. Pretty interesting survival story considering how hated CBS portrayed her as a few weeks ago.

I broke down and subscribed to the live feeds last night -- they're free for the first 48 hours. So far I'm entertained. 
8/6/2013 10:42 AM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Anyone in HD watch Big Brother Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.