Do You Dare To...? Topic

Talk me into staying at D1?  I probably should  stay, I just spent a season changing over the offense and defense and we can only get better with my recruiting, but my heart isn't in it and I couldn't really give two *****.

I kind of have the same dilemma as Ro-Man XJ2 in the movie Robot Monster "I must, but I cannot"...lol.

Thoughts?  Let's liven this ***** up again.

7/21/2013 12:49 PM
D1 recruiting is the most complex and challenging part of this game. If you're a competitor, and I think you are, proving you can win at low d1 is the test of a truely good coach.
7/21/2013 1:48 PM
Stay. Give it four years. You'll never leave leave your Mt. Olive program so you might as well give D1 a shot. Plus, I'm going to turn Harvard into a mid major power, you should come along for the ride. We'll be the whatifsports gonzaga/Butler.
7/21/2013 1:48 PM
Calling me two teams I hate isn't helping ;) lol
7/21/2013 3:14 PM
Those who stay will be champions (Go Blue!).
7/21/2013 6:01 PM
I'd stay you have it set up perfectly. If you win you can tell people how good you are, if you lose, you have the "my heart wasn't in it" excuse all ready set up.

Look at the bright side, you can schedule 25 Sims, make the nt, lose in the first round and then start a series of threads on how "mid majors" get the shaft. Honestly, I think you have the next year or your life mapped out all ready.
7/21/2013 7:09 PM
Lol, I probably would stay at the school I'm at forever...all I really care about in HD anymore is coaching schools that have never had any human coaches and there's only a handful that remain...Coppin State actually had a human coach already so again...

It always seems that after I get to D1, it never piques my interest.  It's not too hard, it's not because of the jobs I was(n't) available for, it's just a certain level of burnout.  The people that really know me here, know that I could give 2 ***** about how good or bad at the game people say I am...zhawks used to always point at my 35% career win percentage in December 2009...but there's no point in saying how good/bad you are because the game/results ALWAYS bear that out.  A lot of life is about feel, and I don't think I'm feeling this.

7/21/2013 11:46 PM
Don't be rash and stop hating schools with more than three white kids. 
7/22/2013 1:37 AM
; )
7/22/2013 1:37 AM
Posted by colonels19 on 7/22/2013 9:26:00 PM (view original):
lofl, well played...I do think part of me resents them because they get so much pub and they're white (I'm white too btw lol).  Gonezaga still gets sucked off based on 1999 or 2000 or whenever it was where they were considered "good"...it's like Boise State in college football...they get a bunch of unnecessary pub because they used a bunch of trick plays to beat Oklahoma...they play a ****** schedule every year, but because they win their "super bowls" *gagdick*...it's annoying as hell.
obviously gonzaga was overhyped this past season and didnt live up to the national tournament seed they received, but they were still a pretty damn good team...they beat 7 "big conference" schools in their non-conference schedule. and as for boise state...of course everybody remembers that incredible win over oklahoma...but in the last few years they have also beat virginia tech on the east coast on prime time television, beat tcu in the fiesta bowl, and beat georgia in the georgia dome...all pretty impressive victories
7/22/2013 10:36 PM
Posted by andrew5975 on 7/22/2013 10:36:00 PM (view original):
Posted by colonels19 on 7/22/2013 9:26:00 PM (view original):
lofl, well played...I do think part of me resents them because they get so much pub and they're white (I'm white too btw lol).  Gonezaga still gets sucked off based on 1999 or 2000 or whenever it was where they were considered "good"...it's like Boise State in college football...they get a bunch of unnecessary pub because they used a bunch of trick plays to beat Oklahoma...they play a ****** schedule every year, but because they win their "super bowls" *gagdick*...it's annoying as hell.
obviously gonzaga was overhyped this past season and didnt live up to the national tournament seed they received, but they were still a pretty damn good team...they beat 7 "big conference" schools in their non-conference schedule. and as for boise state...of course everybody remembers that incredible win over oklahoma...but in the last few years they have also beat virginia tech on the east coast on prime time television, beat tcu in the fiesta bowl, and beat georgia in the georgia dome...all pretty impressive victories
+1
7/22/2013 11:17 PM
Virginia Tech also lost to James Madison at home, they're always sketchy early in the season.  TCU was the easiest bowl game they could get that year, and they got it...it was like the championship game of the lesser conferences...I would have loved to have seen them play Cincinnati or Florida that year, or whoever the other undefeated was...I believe there were 5.  Georgia in the Georgia Dome...ok...again, it's their Super Bowl...if Boise State played in a decently tough conference year in and year out, they wouldn't have racked up the wins that they have...'member when they lost to Michigan State this year?  Chris Petersen can do all the awkward pseudo-fist pumps that he wants...it doesn't make his team any less fraudulent.

Gonezaga...please...they're overhyped every single year...a decent team in a bad conference that wins 25 games a year because they're a decent team in a bad conference...no toughness.  I will always have Adam Morrison's teary eyes etched in my memory, crying BEFORE they lost to UCLA in 2008? 07? whatever the hell it was...way to concede the game before it's over, marshmallow.  Don't kid yourself, that team is Charmin soft.

7/23/2013 12:18 AM
Gonzaga and Butler win games in March. That pretty much debunks any of your "weak conference" comments. Morrison crying is exactly why I love college sports. You don't get that emotion in the pro's. Man was that stache nasty though. 

But yes, obviously any team is going to lose more games in a tougher conference. 

And yes, Morrison was soft. But he was soft due to his playing style not because he cried during a heartbreaking loss while simultaneously ending his aspirations for a national championship and collegiate career. 

PS. You are going to have a nice team this year in Phelan. We will be okay but not the team we have been the past 3-4 years. 
7/23/2013 1:52 AM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 7/21/2013 7:09:00 PM (view original):
I'd stay you have it set up perfectly. If you win you can tell people how good you are, if you lose, you have the "my heart wasn't in it" excuse all ready set up.

Look at the bright side, you can schedule 25 Sims, make the nt, lose in the first round and then start a series of threads on how "mid majors" get the shaft. Honestly, I think you have the next year or your life mapped out all ready.
This is very funny
7/23/2013 6:27 AM
Posted by colonels19 on 7/21/2013 11:46:00 PM (view original):
Lol, I probably would stay at the school I'm at forever...all I really care about in HD anymore is coaching schools that have never had any human coaches and there's only a handful that remain...Coppin State actually had a human coach already so again...

It always seems that after I get to D1, it never piques my interest.  It's not too hard, it's not because of the jobs I was(n't) available for, it's just a certain level of burnout.  The people that really know me here, know that I could give 2 ***** about how good or bad at the game people say I am...zhawks used to always point at my 35% career win percentage in December 2009...but there's no point in saying how good/bad you are because the game/results ALWAYS bear that out.  A lot of life is about feel, and I don't think I'm feeling this.

colonels has finally perfected the art of beating simai - find a school where no one but simai has coached and exceed their every achievement! Brilliant!
7/23/2013 6:29 AM
12 Next ▸
Do You Dare To...? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.