1000 mile rule now driving distance? Topic

The 2 or so times I did it, it got really tiresome having to log in and out of 2 different accounts, multiple times, and I found that the minimal/non-existent "advantage" (Free FSS for my #1 team) wasn't worth the money or effort I spent to attain it...so I still disagree with you.  It's really more of a hassle than anything.  You'll never know what it's like to have 2 teams in the same world until you have 2 teams in the same world...you can surmise all you like, but there's nothing like the experience.  The people that ***** about multiple IDs in the same world are the one's that have never done it, and again my advice has always been, try/do it and then get back to me, because until then you don't really know what you're talking/griping/crying about...
7/30/2013 11:01 AM
I don't mean to be a dick, but I don't consider you an expert in the game, I take all your opinions with a huge grain of salt.  I don't really think I am going to "get back to you".

And the point is not to get free FSS, it's to limit the times a month you recruit.   
7/30/2013 11:07 AM
Well your opinions will always be irrelevant then, simple as that.

And people having to "recruit less" is probably reason #10 or #11 as to why people have 2 teams in the same world...

7/30/2013 11:12 AM (edited)
You win.  I am irrelevant.
7/30/2013 11:16 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Knock it off, colonels.  TJ's not even griping.  You can say "chooch" as often as you like (and DAMN, is it ever often) but it doesn't change the fact that TJ is calmly discussing this stuff and reasonably disagreeing while you're chooching away.
7/30/2013 11:32 AM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 7/30/2013 10:55:00 AM (view original):
I don't think I was super clear, what I mean is:

If you have two teams, it's easier to recruit (and by easier to recruit I mean takes less time and energy)  if both teams are in the same world.  
If it is such an overwhelming advantage that really affects gameplay, why is seble OK with it?  

7/30/2013 11:35 AM
He doesn't even understand what he's saying because he's never done it, and that's why I'm getting on him about it.  He's trying to participate in a discussion that he's ill-equipped to handle...the guy is trying to tell everyone how easy it is to recruit with 2 teams in the same world and he's never done it...GTFO...
7/30/2013 11:35 AM
Posted by tbird9423 on 7/30/2013 10:26:00 AM (view original):
Who asked how that is an advantage while describing the advantage? I think tarek wanted teams and didn't care who owned them. But the game has moved beyond that and guys with multiple teams in one world (those responsible for building and keeping the game alive) are now hurting the game by trying to hold onto the past. The deck is already stacked against new players and when they find out the successful coaches have multiple teams and an additional perceived advantage, they hang it up. No one wants to play against sims, but rather play them in the short term and new players as those openings fill
Then say that the game has moved to a point where WIS doesn't think that multiple teams are needed and users are limited to one team/world period.  If they had said that, we wouldn't keep having these threads; I know for me it is the arbitrary nature of the rule.  Why is it OK that one coach can have NC State and Marquette, but not UNC and Marquette?  Are they a lot less likely to cheat because Raleigh is 20 miles further away than Chapel Hill is?
7/30/2013 11:36 AM
Posted by colonels19 on 7/30/2013 11:35:00 AM (view original):
He doesn't even understand what he's saying because he's never done it, and that's why I'm getting on him about it.  He's trying to participate in a discussion that he's ill-equipped to handle...the guy is trying to tell everyone how easy it is to recruit with 2 teams in the same world and he's never done it...GTFO...
Whatever, buddy.  You tried to pull that "never done it" fallacious crap with me and it didn't fly then either.  Perhaps *you* have to do something yourself to have a basic understanding of it, but many of us are able to think things through on our own.

And he's NOT trying to tell everyone etc.  He's pointing out a way in which it's easier to recruit with multiple teams on one world than in multiple worlds for real-life scheduling reasons.  "Chooch-"calling, strawmen and GTFOs are not convincing retorts.

7/30/2013 11:55 AM
And yeah, Trentonjoe doesn't need me to defend him.  You just **** me off sometimes.
7/30/2013 11:56 AM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 7/30/2013 10:46:00 AM (view original):
No, I have never had two teams in the same world.  My statement is based on statements of experts (acn, coachbilly, and jdno), logic, and intuition.

I should add I left the word "recruit" out.   My statement should read, "It's easier to recruit with 2 teams in one world, than one team in two worlds".
It isn't easier for game play.  I would do the same amount of scouting for Duke and UAH, I would log into each account the same number of times, and send the same amount of time evaluating other team's actions.  I spent the same amount of time on the site and actually recruiting.  I would FSS independently of each other (usually simple to do as I hardly ever FSS with elites).  The convenience didn't impact either team, it only condensed all those clicks into the same period.
7/30/2013 11:58 AM
Trentonjoe thinks that guys have 2 teams in the same world so they'll have to "recruit less"...ha!...there's nothing more to say here...he doesn't know what he's talking about.
7/30/2013 12:01 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 7/30/2013 8:36:00 AM (view original):
"Second is purely a personal convenience issue, getting to the computer to recruit in the 2 hour window they give you can be a pain. So, while ten teams may be enough, having to get on while making dinner/eating dinner/cleaning up/giving daughter a bath/putting daughter to bed 10 different times isn't feasible."

This was the inherent advantage I was referring to.

I've got 2 young kids (2 and 5).  I understand what you are saying here, but with the right amount of planning before hand recruiting isn't that difficult in that window.  I'm in the Central time zone.  Maybe it is a LITTLE tougher in ET than in CT, but it really isn't that hard.  I do all my planning in the day or 2 before recruiting starts, and then actually putting the actions in only takes about 5 minutes tops.

All that said, it would be great if WIS would do 2 things that help balance that first cycle out a bit for people: 1) make it a 24-hour cycle that runs at 8pm ET so you give people plenty of time to get opening cycle actions in; and 2) give us our recruiting cash as soon as recruiting ends and the new season begins so we can scout a lot sooner than 36 hours before recruiting starts.  On #2, you would have to make it to where if you buy FSS you can't change schools in the offseason to avoid people job hoping just to have an advantage in recruiting (extra scouting cash).  If you are worried about people honestly deciding to change jobs, but not being able to because they spent a little money on FSS early in the season, just give coaches their recruiting cash over night the night when the championship games are played, but warn us if we spend any of that we won't be able to change jobs.  That extra nearly week of time for scouting would help A LOT.
7/30/2013 12:51 PM (edited)
Posted by colonels19 on 7/30/2013 12:01:00 PM (view original):
Trentonjoe thinks that guys have 2 teams in the same world so they'll have to "recruit less"...ha!...there's nothing more to say here...he doesn't know what he's talking about.
You arent understanding his point.     Recruiting is one of the few times during the season when you need to make sure you have available computer access.   If I have 4 teams accross 4 worlds then I basically need to be online constantly the whole month.  If I have 4 teams in one workd then I only have to be online heavy for those 4-5 days a season.

1000 clicks in 4-5 days still takes the same amount of time as 1000 clicks in 30 days but its easier to plan your live around those 4-5 days.
7/30/2013 1:15 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9|10...13 Next ▸
1000 mile rule now driving distance? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.