Fredpaull has built a team! Topic

Many of you said it was impossible, but yet, here it is: http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=7990

Fred, Hoops dynasty's most beloved coach is entering his 6th season at SMU (can you believe it!) in Crum, and has actually recruited a decent team (maybe postseason this season, we'll see). He has recruited one particular player that is an all-american, and could play for my high D1 team any day: http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=0&pid=2356708
8/1/2013 8:32 PM
This of course calls for a link to the single best thread ever on the HD forums.

I give you: The Random Thread (title was chanaged upon request), originally posted by none other than fredpaull himself.

Synopsis:
In this thread, fredpaull discusses his merits by pointing out he was the 5th grade teacher of a future Arizona Cardinal and knowing "Lonny" Kruger, among other things, before it decends into one of the funniest madhouses ever. 

Critics reviews:

2 thumbs up his ***!
8/1/2013 9:58 PM
His spellings and grammar was impeckable.
8/1/2013 9:59 PM
Here is a snippet of his defense: 

(from page 1)
keep it coming.  By the way, I taught for six years and from those six 5th grade classes I had seven D1 student athletes in my self-contained classes, including one who played in the Super Bowl for the St.Louis Cardinals. I was an elementary principal for 31 years and the year I retired (from an inner city school of 600 hispanic students I had 12 former students who were currently enrolled at the Univ. of Okla. not to mention the others enrolled at other colleges and universities. Any of  you might jump my *** about this sim but I do not try to imagine the outstanding job I did as a building administrator.  My job was as important as any in this nation.  I developed young students brains, how they conducted their business, and how they acted in this world.  I might mention that I did fail 3 students in the 37 years, as I have three former students on death row and have lost four through murder or drug abuse.  I could care less how I spell or use grammar. (ever heard of cormac mccarthy?) So live with it folks.  I appreciate those of you who did address the initial (post right or wrong of calling out a coach without reason). Again thank you.  I appreciate your thoughts. 
I do hope this motivates a reminiscing thread. LOL
8/1/2013 10:03 PM
i remember that classic St Louis Cardinals super bowl
8/1/2013 10:22 PM
Is it just me or am I missing something on this team? I don't see how they would make the postseason unless they get extremely lucky. I don't think it is a good team, but that is just my two cents. 
8/1/2013 11:32 PM
Posted by gvsujulius on 8/1/2013 11:32:00 PM (view original):
Is it just me or am I missing something on this team? I don't see how they would make the postseason unless they get extremely lucky. I don't think it is a good team, but that is just my two cents. 
I mean, I was sort of joking (although he does have two nice players), this was just meant for reminiscing.
8/2/2013 12:50 AM
Haha ok, it is nice to see him stay somewhere more than 3 seasons....
8/2/2013 7:54 AM
Caesari - that's by far the funniest thread I've ever read here. For anyone who hasn't read the thread Caesari linked, please go do it. I wish fredpaul (or one of his known aliases) was in Iba D2. Just want to watch him.
8/5/2013 7:55 PM
I dare say it is reputed as just that-- the funniest thread. LOL I laugh every time.
8/7/2013 12:31 PM
Gosh.  At the risk of offering an unpopular opinion and ruining all the fun, it appears fredpaull has kept his nose pretty clean since the Random Thread debacle and has settled in with his teams (same team in Rupp for 9 seasons, Smith for 3, Allen for 5, Crum for 6).  I'm also in Crum and haven't seen him misbehaving in the CC, either.  So, while I thought the earlier criticism was well-earned ...

Why the sudden piling on? 
8/7/2013 7:17 PM
Fredpaull has built a team! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.