This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Fair play guidelines refer to offensive posts, which I interpret as racist, sexist, homophobic, etc.  I don't see anything about 'bullying'
8/24/2013 9:57 AM
Maybe bullying is a bad/the wrong term.  This amounts to table talk though, it's borderline the "stop recruiting this guy because you don't have a chance"
8/24/2013 9:59 AM
It is "stop recruiting this guy", but I don't think it violates fairplay guidelines.  It isn't offensive in the sense that alblack mentioned and it doesn't invite collusion.  It deserves a similarly dick-ish response for the "very foolish" comment, but that's where the trouble would start.  This is a basketball sim after all, perhaps: "With all due respect, and remember I said with all due respect, I don't have the cash for yo' mama either!"  I don't think that would violate the owner interaction part of the fairplay guidelines, but that is pretty nebulous anyhow.
8/24/2013 10:18 AM
Oh I returned fire, I'm not gonna put up with **** like this, especially against people in my conf.
8/24/2013 10:21 AM
I actually think you're wrong. To me, that's just a recruiting ploy. There's no cheating going on and any coach worth his salt won't be swayed by another coach's message on the CC. In fact, the guy in your conf should be encouraged. I wish there was more conversation and posturing during recruiting, it would add another fun layer to recruiting.
8/24/2013 1:18 PM
No, you are wrong.
8/24/2013 3:18 PM
I mean, that's bogus, saying stuff like that should be off-limits.
8/24/2013 4:59 PM
I  actually wish more people did this.  I like the posturing.  As long as it is public I am okay with it.
8/24/2013 5:20 PM
I think it's douchey but fine.  Douchiness is a valid tactic in just about any competition.  It's definitely not against the rules.
8/24/2013 5:27 PM
I don't understand the problem man.  If you can't handle ****-talking go find a whatifsewing site.
8/24/2013 7:10 PM
wow, I didn't even know you still played here...feel free to crawl back in your hole.
8/24/2013 7:42 PM
I'm kinda with colonels, I don't think it's an appropriate comment.  I mean, it's certainly in a grey area, and I don't see why anyone would voluntarily enter the grey area and expose themselves to punishment.  Even if the biggest risk is that you'll get a warning; after you're warned you have to be careful, stupid mistake could lead to actual consequences.
8/25/2013 1:19 AM
I do what I can to entertain you.  But seriously, I'm not really sure what the problem with the statement is.  Sure, the language is a bit coarse I suppose, but warning people off recruits has been around since season 1 of HD.  Nobody's forcing you to listen...he can't enforce it other than by spending more of his own money.  Guy's either a) posturing to save money, or b) actually being helpful, in a rude manner.  Either way, who cares?  

At the end of the day, you have to decide if you want to spend your money on the recruit or not.  If you don't look and see how many scholarships other people recruiting your player have and get a general idea of how much a recruit will cost beforehand, you kinda deserve to throw away a ton of cash.
8/25/2013 2:23 AM
How is this even a grey area?
8/25/2013 10:05 AM
1|2|3...9 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.