Hoops Dynasty Noob Topic

Hey all, I just signed up for my first team on Hoops Dynasty, and I was wondering if anyone had any advice or suggestions?  I've played HBD for a long time, but looks like a lot of this is different.
9/5/2013 4:59 PM
Grab a mentor from the list above or shoot me a site mail and I'll answer whatever questions I can. Welcome to teh game -- you're right, differnt from HBD (less time consuming, but just as addictive IMO).
9/5/2013 5:08 PM
You won't find much better than reading this forum.  
9/5/2013 7:15 PM
9/5/2013 9:10 PM
My tip: if you see the word "Gillispie" in the person's username, listen to that person. The guy behind that series of usernames is a legend, and really knows his stuff.
9/5/2013 9:32 PM
spend your recruiting budget slowly - rule number one for noobs
9/5/2013 11:02 PM
Many thanks to the folks who have reached out to me via sitemail.  Everyone has been very friendly and helpful, which is good, because I wasn't exactly sure what I was doing lol.

On a side note, I just researched the team I picked at random, and I realized that it is a school for the deaf.  I am beyond excited by that for some reason lol.
9/6/2013 6:45 PM
Happy to have you in the conference dafood. I'll help you however I can, though for competitive reasons I'm sure you'll want to talk to these other good people more!
9/6/2013 8:44 PM
yeah it always amuses me that Gallaudet is in HD since it is a school for the deaf.
9/9/2013 10:48 AM
Posted by dafood on 9/6/2013 6:45:00 PM (view original):
Many thanks to the folks who have reached out to me via sitemail.  Everyone has been very friendly and helpful, which is good, because I wasn't exactly sure what I was doing lol.

On a side note, I just researched the team I picked at random, and I realized that it is a school for the deaf.  I am beyond excited by that for some reason lol.
My first few seasons in HD, I was fumbling around, my strategies were not working and I was getting so frustrated I nearly quit right then.  I came here and started reading and posting - mainly reading - and picked up a couple of experienced coaches giving great advice.  In my 5th season I bolstered my RPI, got my prestige to B- and made it to the PIT.  In my 6th, I won the conference and got to the NT.   Took me 11 seasons to get a Final Four and 15 to win the NT in D2, which might seem a little slow to some people.  But without the advice I got here, it may never have happened at all.

This may be the best new coach's guide I've seen here.  It's legendary: AEJones -  How to Win at D2 and D3

9/9/2013 10:58 AM (edited)
Posted by bistiza on 9/9/2013 10:48:00 AM (view original):
yeah it always amuses me that Gallaudet is in HD since it is a school for the deaf.
 Gallaudet has a full DIII  athletic program, including football.  They compete in the North Eastern Conference.  Their football team is picked 3rd in the conference this season, behind Mt. Ida and Norwich

Cal St. Northridge, in 2011, had the only Deaf DI player in the country. He had an interpreter who attended practices and sat behind the bench during games. 

On youtube, you can see two Gallaudet students signing the school fight song at a football game.  There's no music, just a heavy drum beat so they can follow the vibrations.  In fact, there are several videos on youtube about Gallaudet athletes.  One, about their women's basketball team, features their coach, who was an assistant to Larry Brown at Kansas

9/9/2013 2:48 PM (edited)
Once again Alblack has come through with this valuable nugget of information! I love it!!!
9/9/2013 5:23 PM
Posted by indyrider123 on 9/9/2013 5:23:00 PM (view original):
Once again Alblack has come through with this valuable nugget of information! I love it!!!
Thanks, indy!   I confess to special knowledge about the Deaf. I earned an associate's degree in Sign Language Interpreting in 2012. 
9/9/2013 5:45 PM
Hoops Dynasty Noob Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.