I Would Join an 11th HD World If... Topic

12-a-day world with a discounted price so I don't go broke.  I'd love to see a whole season unfold in two days.  
9/10/2013 10:13 PM
Posted by rgerkin on 9/10/2013 10:13:00 PM (view original):
12-a-day world with a discounted price so I don't go broke.  I'd love to see a whole season unfold in two days.  
this would cause far too many divorces to be allowed!
9/11/2013 11:22 AM
I'd like to play in a "clean slate" world because I would love to pick a team and be the coach from the start until, well, whenever I decided to quit or my life situation was such that I had to quit.

The only one I know of to start with a DIII team and be its ONLY coach is alblack56 (there could be others but I haven't seen it).

I don't think it will happen because the worlds we have aren't anywhere close to full of human coaches, so other than the desire of some players like those who say something here, there is no incentive to add another world.

9/12/2013 10:15 AM
It has been over 5 years since a new world has been opened...
9/12/2013 1:59 PM
Posted by bistiza on 9/12/2013 10:15:00 AM (view original):
I'd like to play in a "clean slate" world because I would love to pick a team and be the coach from the start until, well, whenever I decided to quit or my life situation was such that I had to quit.

The only one I know of to start with a DIII team and be its ONLY coach is alblack56 (there could be others but I haven't seen it).

I don't think it will happen because the worlds we have aren't anywhere close to full of human coaches, so other than the desire of some players like those who say something here, there is no incentive to add another world.

It's not D3, and I missed the first two seasons (couldn't get a D3 team in season 1, the world filled too fast.  15 minutes and all the teams were gone), but since year 3 I've been the coach at D2 Northeastern State in Tark.  81 seasons later and I'm still the only coach in that team's history.  Been at that one school longer (season-wise, not real world time-wise) than anyone else in HD history.  FWIW, more wins at that school than anyone else in HD history too (patting myself on the back).

Playing in a world that's filled with nothing but human coaches is VERY different than playing in the worlds we have now that are overrun with Sim teams.  I think a lot of coaches would get a rude awakening in a full world (not pointing out anyone in particular mind you).
9/12/2013 5:02 PM (edited)
I hope people see this...would you join a new 2-a-day world if there was a mandatory 5 or 10 season commitment?  Also, how many active human users in a world make it profitable for WIS would you guess?
9/13/2013 10:01 AM
I'm not saying I'd for sure join this, but I think the game might be more realistic and competitive if there was a world where there were only certain conferences you could join.  Say half the conferences are open.  That way conferences will be more full and competitive, and some conferences will actually be bad so that some teams can really only make the tournament if they win their conference tourney, instead of most of these worlds now that have one good team in each conference that makes the tournament every year, but never play anybody.
9/13/2013 10:37 AM
Posted by colonels19 on 9/13/2013 10:01:00 AM (view original):
I hope people see this...would you join a new 2-a-day world if there was a mandatory 5 or 10 season commitment?  Also, how many active human users in a world make it profitable for WIS would you guess?
nope... ultimately there is probably no new world scenario that many long time users will support because opening new worlds ultimately just dilutes the existing worlds, like knight/phelan did. got to fill up existing worlds first!
9/13/2013 11:16 AM
◂ Prev 12
I Would Join an 11th HD World If... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.