B+ at DI recruiting Topic

I've never had a DI prestige of B+ (highest I've had before is B-). So, I was just wondering if I will be able to recruit everyone off the bat or will there still be guys that are pull downs?

Thanks
9/14/2013 2:50 AM
pulldowns no longer relevant, but there will be guys who are not all that interested in you - and if you reach for them you should be prepared for a bigger dog to come along
9/14/2013 6:51 AM
Watch out for a+ schools. If there are none after who you want, you will be able to compete for anyone. But there are levels of a+ that you can't see. If they are an a+++++, you won't be able to compete and you will waste your money.
Other than that, go for it...
9/14/2013 10:06 AM
yeah, thanks, I realize I still gotta avoid the top programs. Just wanted to make sure I wouldnt have to pull anyone down. Thanks for help!
9/14/2013 12:08 PM
there shouldn't be anyone who refuses effort off the bat (unless you get that glitch that CS insists isn't a glitch...)
9/14/2013 12:51 PM
what glitch? theres that glitch in d2/d3 where guys in the d2/d3 pool cant be immediately recruited, but i thought CS recognized that glitch was a glitch?
9/15/2013 10:55 PM
if a team is on the lower end of A+, and I am B+ how much more would I have to spend on a guy if distance is the same? How much would offering a start help?
9/16/2013 2:35 PM
Posted by skinzfan36 on 9/16/2013 2:35:00 PM (view original):
if a team is on the lower end of A+, and I am B+ how much more would I have to spend on a guy if distance is the same? How much would offering a start help?
My impression is that offering starts and minutes makes very little difference at high-D1. worth essentially a free campus visit each, that's it.

Against an A+, you're looking at probably a 1.5x effort multiplier at least (so for every 2 home visits A+ does, you need to do 3). Not all A+'s are the same though, and some will be even higher than that.

I believe the key with B+ (and with basically any prestige between B+ and A) is, above all else, do not waste your money early. Your priorities should be:

1. Do not waste cash via spending it
2. Use cash to get the best recruits available
3. Do not waste cash by not spending it

Balancing #1 and #2 is tough. On the first cycle, especially if you have a lot of scholarships, you have a chance to 'plant your flag' in some very good recruits. This is how you will find your best recruits, by planting your flag in good ones and getting lucky with A+ and other higher-prestige schools deciding not to challenge you for the recruit. Planting your flag effectively is not cheap, especially since it is important you reach the "very tight" FSS message.

At the same time, if you try to plant your flag in a recruit and an A+ picks the same guy, you have probably wasted your money. If you take a lot of stabs, you could end up wasting tens of thousands of dollars on the first cycle.

Some teams play it conservative and pick their spots in the later cycles, but every recruit that would help you move up from B+ into the A's WILL have SOMEONE on him by the 3rd cycle at the latest. Trust me on this. Now what happens if you want to challenge for one of those recruits? Your best-case scenario is the team on him first doesn't fight you. Still, you now need to outspend him, and usually by a lot to make sure he gives up.
9/17/2013 2:34 PM
Kinda rambled there, realized you didn't ask for even half of what I just shared. lqtm.
9/17/2013 2:36 PM
Posted by skinzfan36 on 9/16/2013 2:35:00 PM (view original):
you'd be spending a lot more - my guess is around 66% more, but I forget the rules. Could be higher.

As for the start - not as much as you hope.
9/17/2013 4:13 PM
B+ at DI recruiting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.