First cycle recruiting question? Topic

I've heard that there is more value given to recruiting in the 1st cycle but am not sure if this is true. I usually do but if you want to avoid or pick your battles I wonder if you are better off waiting to the 2nd cycle. Any ideas? Is a campus visit the same irregardless of which recruiting cycle?
9/18/2013 7:32 PM
If there's an advantage, it's inconsequential.   If you want to avoid battles, wait until the 3rd cycle.   On the 1st cycle, coaches contact recruits to gauge their interest.  On the 2nd cycle, they make more serious recruiting efforts and you'll see many recruits considering.  On the 3rd cycle, you'll have fewer battles.  

If I only have money for one or two recruits, I often wait until the 3rd cycle or later. 
9/18/2013 8:03 PM
But earlier money does have more impact than later money. Not much from 1st to 2nd cycle but more significant from1st night to 3rd day or after signing period starts.
9/18/2013 8:40 PM
Posted by alblack56 on 9/18/2013 8:03:00 PM (view original):
If there's an advantage, it's inconsequential.   If you want to avoid battles, wait until the 3rd cycle.   On the 1st cycle, coaches contact recruits to gauge their interest.  On the 2nd cycle, they make more serious recruiting efforts and you'll see many recruits considering.  On the 3rd cycle, you'll have fewer battles.  

If I only have money for one or two recruits, I often wait until the 3rd cycle or later. 
I'm not looking to completely avoid battles, although I think that is good advice on that. I'm looking to pick my battles without giving up any advantage. I have alot of leftover cash and 4 open schollies with a B maybe B+ prestige just not sure if it will be enough against an A+ school with 6 open schollies. The guys I'm targeting will be highly recruited.
9/18/2013 9:40 PM
Posted by rsvphr on 9/18/2013 8:40:00 PM (view original):
But earlier money does have more impact than later money. Not much from 1st to 2nd cycle but more significant from1st night to 3rd day or after signing period starts.
This goes along with what I've heard but is there any proof and at what exact cycle does this change or is it a law of diminishing returns kind of thing?
9/18/2013 9:42 PM
Yes but it's minuit. If its d1 you are talking about waiting for the 3rd cycle and not battling is almost out of the question. Unless you want the leftovers. One thing I always do is study the top schools within 500 miles of you and keep an eye on them throughout the recruiting process. If a prestige school lock up their 3 positions in the 1st cycle then you are good to go. But the last thing you want to happen is wait till 3rd cycle and go for you backup recruit and run smack into that B+ prestige school going for their 5th recruit while your at C prestige going for a guy that would of been left alone had you went for him2 cycles ago. Just my thoughts.
9/18/2013 9:43 PM
First cycle recruiting question? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.