D2 recruit hot spot Topic

There are certain areas of the country that are better to recruit from. Which area/state is the best to recruit drop downs from in D2?
10/3/2013 10:26 PM
Not the north east. There are very few d2 schools there when compared to d1 and d3.

California is good but it super competitive.
10/4/2013 5:47 AM
Texas is a very good spot in D2.
10/4/2013 9:52 AM
North Carolina is good, too. In Iba, the Carolina-Virginia Conference  is always strong.  And, in Smith, I have 2 championships and 9 Final Fours at Bluefield St (WV), on the Virginia border.
10/4/2013 1:30 PM
Isn't the original question more along the lines of :  "If I'm going to be in D2, then where are the best pulldowns/dropdowns from D1 at?"

So if this is the right question, then the northeast would be the right place to be given the density of D1 kids in that corridor.  Avoid the states west of the Mississippi River in the central part of the country.  The Southeast is pretty good, too.

10/4/2013 2:52 PM
Posted by jdno on 10/4/2013 2:52:00 PM (view original):
Isn't the original question more along the lines of :  "If I'm going to be in D2, then where are the best pulldowns/dropdowns from D1 at?"

So if this is the right question, then the northeast would be the right place to be given the density of D1 kids in that corridor.  Avoid the states west of the Mississippi River in the central part of the country.  The Southeast is pretty good, too.

Agreed.  I've always found the northeast to be a great area to recruit from for a D2 school.
10/5/2013 3:33 AM
D2 recruit hot spot Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.