http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=0&pid=2532786

Is it just randomness, or can anyone think of why this guy would be shooting under thirty percent on the season so far? Six games in I'm starting to wonder why he hasn't had a single good game yet.
10/13/2013 7:33 AM
Posted by a_in_the_b on 10/13/2013 7:33:00 AM (view original):
http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=0&pid=2532786

Is it just randomness, or can anyone think of why this guy would be shooting under thirty percent on the season so far? Six games in I'm starting to wonder why he hasn't had a single good game yet.
IQ plays SOME role in shooting %, his is low. His SPD is also low. His teammates' passing ratings also play a role, they might be considered low. His LP is low, so I wouldn't expect him to make many 2-pointers, of which he's taken 23. 33% on 3-pt with and a very small sample size...looks probable to me.
10/13/2013 4:49 PM
Of course he's underperforming a bit, but his primary scoring attributes are ATH and PER, which don't pair all that nicely.  I wouldn't expect him to be a great scorer.  Frankly, it always irritates me when guys score based on nothing but ATH, and I'd rather see them fail.
10/13/2013 6:58 PM
Well, no. I wasn't expecting a massive scoring output. 30 percent with a not high distro seemed awful low though. End of the year, the lp will be rather up,
10/13/2013 7:30 PM
It's not that low a distro, obviously.  He's taken 47 shots now in 111 minutes.  Maybe he's overshooting for some reason, but that's basically even with Engel and Rush in terms of distro and trails only Dawson, by a fairly small margin, and Magierski, by a larger one.  And his shot rate is still 68.5% of Magierski's, which is clearly not the right ratio for those 2 guys.
10/14/2013 2:39 PM
FWIW, I do understand why you have him on that distro, but you are accepting that it's sub-optimal.  Probably increase his 3 pt. setting and hope he comes around, he should probably be shooting like 43-45% instead of low 30s...
10/14/2013 3:03 PM
I have six other players with higher distros.
10/14/2013 10:01 PM
Magierski is a 21 to his 8.
10/14/2013 10:04 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.