This may be old news but.... Topic

My heart stopped when i read this email...

Coach, I'm sorry to be the one to break this to you, but our best efforts couldn't save Gordon. He died last night. I've always wanted to say that! Seriously, it's dislocated finger. He's at about 100% right now.

Obviously he could benefit from some rest, but I don't think you're taking a huge risk if you decide to play him.

John Barker
Head Trainer
Texas Southern
University

10/25/2013 2:05 PM
Next to SHBANG!!! Or whatever it is, this is probably my favorite email in the game. I also like the come down off the ledge one you get for losing in the sweet 16 sometimes.
10/25/2013 2:18 PM
that is a very good one

I think WIS is missing an opportunity to run a contest that folks would enjoy.  Ask folks to submit new messages for various situations.  Pick a few that are winners that become part of the regular rotation.  If your message gets picked, you get say a $1 credit - and more important you get to boast about how cool YOUR message is.
10/25/2013 2:40 PM
Posted by metsmax on 10/25/2013 2:40:00 PM (view original):
that is a very good one

I think WIS is missing an opportunity to run a contest that folks would enjoy.  Ask folks to submit new messages for various situations.  Pick a few that are winners that become part of the regular rotation.  If your message gets picked, you get say a $1 credit - and more important you get to boast about how cool YOUR message is.
That seems like a great idea! That could actually work, and wouldn't be too hard for them to do. Oh well....
10/25/2013 3:08 PM
so, lets just try to write some new messages

Coach, I reflected on our conversation and need to tell you how I feel.  When you first said the words "red shirt", I thought you were talking about proudly wearing the road jersey.  As we talked a bit more I realized that you mean a "redshirt" where I sit out for a year.  Coach, you have to understand, this talent doesnt sit - not for a red or blue or other shirt.
10/25/2013 3:44 PM
Love the contest idea...

"Hello?...Coach who from where?...Okay, who is this really? C'mon man, I paused Call of Duty for this. The least you could do if you're going to pull a joke is claim to be from a decent school."
10/25/2013 4:07 PM
Message after a campus vist

This campus vist was crap.....literally, take a look in the toliet I left a surprise to show my appreciation!
10/25/2013 5:19 PM
Redshirt !  hahahahahahahahahaha...NO!

Coach, if you want someone from my family to play for you I'll put my little sister on the phone. She's only 4 but she's better than anyone else you got on your team.

Coach, I had a dream about playing for your team. I was under my bed, in a cold sweat, screaming "Don't make me go!"
10/25/2013 5:21 PM
Coach, stop kidding yourself, we both know you don't have the money to sign me!
10/26/2013 12:46 AM
Posted by gillispie1 on 10/26/2013 12:46:00 AM (view original):
there is a certain synergy between poster name and post content here that I just can't quite put my finger on...
10/26/2013 4:09 AM
Coach, by looking at your picture, I'd guess that you've heard 'No' alot.  Who am I to break your losing streak?  Better luck with the wife tonight. 

OR

Stop wasting your time, coach. Go alphabetize your M&M's

10/26/2013 5:28 AM (edited)
Posted by dacj501 on 10/26/2013 4:09:00 AM (view original):
there is a certain synergy between poster name and post content here that I just can't quite put my finger on...
its probably because my beloved wildcats routinely lose out on players, to coaches who slip fat envelopes under the table!
10/26/2013 12:49 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 10/26/2013 12:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dacj501 on 10/26/2013 4:09:00 AM (view original):
its probably because my beloved wildcats routinely lose out on players, to coaches who slip fat envelopes under the table!
Fed Ex?
10/26/2013 2:36 PM
Posted by alblack56 on 10/26/2013 5:28:00 AM (view original):
Coach, by looking at your picture, I'd guess that you've heard 'No' alot.  Who am I to break your losing streak?  Better luck with the wife tonight. 

OR

Stop wasting your time, coach. Go alphabetize your M&M's

I'd like it better if he misspelled 'alphabetize'.

10/30/2013 1:45 PM
I'm not convinced you take my future seriously. It's like you think I'm an imaginary player in a computer game.
10/30/2013 3:35 PM
This may be old news but.... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.