Bad grades equals reputation drop Topic

I had a player that was ineligible with a 1.9 Gpa. I noticed my reputation dropped from A+ to A-. Sent in a ticket and they said was due to the players bad grades. They suggested I give more study time. My question is should reputation drop because of my oversight? Plus would really like to thank customer service for stepping up and giving me a great suggestion to increase study minutes.
10/28/2013 5:25 PM
conceptually, should it drop because of players failing? i dont know, i think its reasonable based on how real life works. but in the game, absolutely your reputation drops from guys failing out. i think a+ to a- is a bit of a stretch, you sure it was only 1 guy? nobody transferred in the last couple seasons, didnt cut anybody? i feel like ive had like 6 guys flunk out over 2 seasons and only dropped to an a-.
10/28/2013 8:40 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 10/28/2013 8:40:00 PM (view original):
conceptually, should it drop because of players failing? i dont know, i think its reasonable based on how real life works. but in the game, absolutely your reputation drops from guys failing out. i think a+ to a- is a bit of a stretch, you sure it was only 1 guy? nobody transferred in the last couple seasons, didnt cut anybody? i feel like ive had like 6 guys flunk out over 2 seasons and only dropped to an a-.
everyone keeps saying things like you Jeff that don't match up with what I see with reputation which is more like what jjohn is posting. I've had a few of these A+ to A- drops without cutting anyone or players quitting. There may have been some kids ******** and then recovering, not sure if that drops reputation, though unless it was promise based (these  weren't) it shouldn't. 

Now when I say it'll recover in a couple seasons someone will come along and say it will recover in one, but again I've had it take 2 without any other infractions that I'm aware of. 

*Disclaimer - I believe it was you who called me out in these forums long ago when I was worried about getting fired at Alabama after that big screen tv that fell off the back of some random truck at some recruits house that one time, and then I guess during my probation and warning period I cut an underperforming player, but forgot about cutting him so I was whining on the forums about my job security when I'd even made the post-season and blah blah blah - my point being that my memory is less than iron clad, and probably wouldn't be admissible in any respectable court of law...

10/28/2013 8:54 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 10/28/2013 8:40:00 PM (view original):
I didn't get to the site after mid terms came out and two players were ruled ineligible. It was my fault but just surprised about the rep falling since they did not involve broken promises.
10/28/2013 10:31 PM
Not to side track the thread, but quick ? - does Rep affect recruiting in any way or just jobs?
10/29/2013 12:14 AM
it has a vague relatively small effect (if its a relatively small rep drop that is - I suppose a huge drop that probably can't even happen anymore since booster gifts were removed could have been a bigger factor). I personally think it is applied mostly when you use recruiting promises, but I may be making it more complex than it is. 
10/29/2013 3:24 AM
I believe there is an effect, but it is real hard to tell
10/29/2013 11:13 AM
Bad grades equals reputation drop Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.