I've been back in HD for about 5 seasons now after taking a year or so off. Did they make any changes to the way SIM's are now recruiting. From my perspective it seems like they at fielding better talent for whatever reason. Am I off base here or has anyone else noticed the same or know of some changes made to the game while I was away?
11/5/2013 10:45 PM
I can't think of any changes off the top of my head.
11/6/2013 2:00 AM
No changes that I'm aware of, although the incidence of Sim teams with 3+ walk-ons seems to have subsided from what it once was, which is nice.
11/6/2013 9:17 AM
the only change was to have them recruit later in recruiting to fill spots, which has worked well to fill up sim teams (as rednu points out). they havent gotten any better at deciding who to target.
11/6/2013 10:08 AM
Sim coaching has gotten better overall. When it comes to game planning as well. They will adjust +/- setting at half as well as temp. I'm not quite sure when that happened but I just noticed it.
11/6/2013 12:22 PM
they always adjusted at half afaik
11/6/2013 12:33 PM
Really??? I've been playing this game a long time and just noticed it last week. Lol.
11/6/2013 2:54 PM
Posted by kmasonbx1 on 11/6/2013 12:22:00 PM (view original):
Sim coaching has gotten better overall. When it comes to game planning as well. They will adjust +/- setting at half as well as temp. I'm not quite sure when that happened but I just noticed it.
I looked at my old team and they are starting 3 sgs. I thought they'd play one of there sf at the sf no matter what. Seemed odd they'd play a more talented player at sf even though he lacks sf ratings. I don't pay attention to sims, but I thought they did there depth chart based off of listed position,
11/6/2013 5:58 PM
Posted by ericbfor3 on 11/5/2013 10:45:00 PM (view original):
I've been back in HD for about 5 seasons now after taking a year or so off. Did they make any changes to the way SIM's are now recruiting. From my perspective it seems like they at fielding better talent for whatever reason. Am I off base here or has anyone else noticed the same or know of some changes made to the game while I was away?
Nope, we've all gotten worse
11/6/2013 6:16 PM
Posted by furry_nipps on 11/6/2013 5:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by kmasonbx1 on 11/6/2013 12:22:00 PM (view original):
I looked at my old team and they are starting 3 sgs. I thought they'd play one of there sf at the sf no matter what. Seemed odd they'd play a more talented player at sf even though he lacks sf ratings. I don't pay attention to sims, but I thought they did there depth chart based off of listed position,
They generally do, but I've noticed that they will occasionally shift somebody over one position if his ratings are significantly higher than the best guy listed at that position. I'm not sure what the threshold is though.
11/6/2013 6:17 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 11/6/2013 12:33:00 PM (view original):
they always adjusted at half afaik
Yep, halftime adjustments have been around for a long, long time.
11/10/2013 11:15 PM
Yep, both of these are not new developments..Sims have always adjusted at the half and will play players out of position if there's a significant skill advantage to the out of position guy. Sims also change offense and defense in the offseason occasionally to whatever sets the individual player Off/Def grades average out the best to, so if you have a large graduating superclass, you'll sometimes see the Sim change O/D in the offseason, leaving its returning players to hang.
11/11/2013 10:55 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.