you do know, Trevor, that "colonels was right" can often still mean "colonels was an *******" right? (case in point...) Some people manage to be right while NOT being ********...just saying.
1/6/2014 12:15 PM
That's a fair point.
1/6/2014 12:21 PM
Is there a search function that would let me find threads where the conclusion was "colonels was right"?
1/6/2014 12:50 PM
There sure is, just click Hoops Dynasty on the "Forum" dropdown, and input "colonels19" in the "author" box...
1/6/2014 1:00 PM
What exactly have you been right about?
1/6/2014 1:42 PM
Everything.
1/6/2014 2:07 PM

Anyway, the point is that you may be right that the guy did a poor job in his first season with your program (although the jury is probably still out on that).  But you aren't right to publicly try to humiliate him about it.

For the record I certainly am not opposing you just for the sake of opposition.

1/6/2014 4:05 PM (edited)
Posted by colonels19 on 1/6/2014 2:07:00 PM (view original):
Everything.
Wasn't there a rather long thread about the odds of making a free throw?  Didn't Colonels insist that everyone's chances to make a free throw were at 50%, no exceptions.  Hmmm (wink, wink).
1/6/2014 2:58 PM
Posted by emy1013 on 1/6/2014 2:58:00 PM (view original):
Everything.
Wasn't there a rather long thread about the odds of making a free throw?  Didn't Colonels insist that everyone's chances to make a free throw were at 50%, no exceptions.  Hmmm (wink, wink).
There are 2 outcomes Erik...make-miss...50-50 ;)...lol
1/6/2014 3:42 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 1/6/2014 3:42:00 PM (view original):
Everything.
Just yanking your chain.  :^)
1/6/2014 4:24 PM
What bothers me about this type of situation isnt necessarily when a coach comes in and does things differently then you might have...because like other people have said they paid to coach...what ****** me off (and this has only happened three times in all my seasons) is when someone takes over a good team that you've left behind and immediately comes in and complains about the roster and that they need to "rebuild" the program...despite evidence to the contrary...of the three times...one won a national title in his second season and his three leading scorers were my old players...one took a DI program which was probably NT ready and proceeded to ruin them and the other took what shouldve been IMHO a S16 caliber DII team and missed the post season after a terrible recruiting season....thats what really grinds my gears!
1/6/2014 4:25 PM
Posted by emy1013 on 1/6/2014 4:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by colonels19 on 1/6/2014 3:42:00 PM (view original):
Everything.
Just yanking your chain.  :^)
Just playing along ;)
1/6/2014 4:59 PM
Im a pretty crappy coach if i do say so myself. :)
1/7/2014 3:36 PM
So it turns out, he stayed.  He cut one of his recruits from last season, and kept the other, a PF with 20 REB.  I shouldn't keep taking the **** out of this guy, but I have no clue how he made it to a national championship game...none.
1/11/2014 12:36 AM (edited)
Posted by colonels19 on 1/11/2014 12:36:00 AM (view original):
So it turns out, he stayed.  He cut one of his recruits from last season, and kept the other, a PF with 20 REB.  I shouldn't keep taking the **** out of this guy, but I have no clue how he made it to a national championship game...none.
In the interest of fairness (because I've been in a conference with Tcole and know that he's a quality coach), he's got two different undefeated, number 1 ranked D2 Grand Canyon teams. One is in Iba and is 14-0 (again, in the interest of fairness, it's his first year there and the whole team was recruited by someone else. Still gotta coach them though). The other is in Smith, is 19-0, has the #1 RPI and the #5 SOS, and are all Tcole's players. Seems he's doing just fine there.

Fact is, you took it way too personally. So he cut one of the players you recruited, big deal. So he didn't set up his depth chart like you would have, big deal. The minute you gave up that team and moved on to another is the minute that your protests and/or objections fell on deaf ears.

You've publicly questioned the man's coaching acumen, his skill, his knowledge of the game, whatever word you want to use to describe it, yet when I compare your HD profile to his, the goose egg, the big f*cking donut hole under his Championships category looks exactly the same as it does under yours. Point being, you're not exactly running out of fingers to put all those championship rings on, you dig?

I know you've got thick skin, so I know this won't bother you, but I hope I got my point across. As you know, I tend to agree with your side of the argument/debate more often than not, we've talked about that in a few sitemails. Just think you're way off base here with the way you're publicly disparaging the guy. No hard feelings.
1/11/2014 1:52 AM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.