Injured starting PG - when to put him back in? Topic

So my Valdosta St team in Knight, in what has been for the best part of 20 or more seasons now one of the toughest conferences in D2, is struggling through a loaded conference schedule. We are 3 games from the CT, and my starting PG went down with a strained ACL. He is currently at 60 health. I face the only sim in the conference twice over the next 3 games to close out the regular season. I am not so worried about those games (although it is a halfway decent sim) as much as the sandwiched game vs #7 Rockhurst, at home, tomorrow morning.

I figure my PG will be at somewhere around 65 health or so by then. My question is, do I try to play him at that health, or try to shuffle the lineup. I linked my team above so that if most think (as I do) that he should probably sit, how would you handle the lineup at the 1-2-3? Not necessarily specifically to gameplan against Rockhurst, but as far as finding a capable-ish PG and setting depth, etc... right now my thoughts are:

PG: Ackerman/Balzer/Frew
SG: Lee/Balzer/blank/Frew
SF:  Bennett/Balzer/blank/Larson

We run motion/man, and have been using a lot of slowdown already this season...
12/27/2013 9:34 AM
Faaaaaaaar from precise, but as a thought exercise, .65 * [each attribute].  Would you want this player starting or off the bench?  How would you play a guy with .75 * [each attribute]?  I bet you'll know what to do after looking at this "new" player.
12/27/2013 11:42 AM
Players gain differing amounts of health based on their DUR, and you're right that the risk of injury is unaffected.
12/27/2013 11:56 AM
does playing a player before he reaches 100 health slow down his (health) improvement?
7/27/2014 11:28 AM
Posted by jtt8355 on 7/27/2014 11:28:00 AM (view original):
does playing a player before he reaches 100 health slow down his (health) improvement?
No
7/27/2014 11:56 AM
Injured starting PG - when to put him back in? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.