Does OT in an exhibition enhance improvement? Topic

do the extra minutes played in an OT exhibition game translate into some marginal extra improvement?  I'm guessing it does
12/29/2013 5:13 PM
I actually think that exhibition games have no effect whatsoever.  They may be helpful to play to experiment with the depth chart and distro, but I don't believe it makes any difference in development.
12/29/2013 5:37 PM
Posted by rogelio on 12/29/2013 5:37:00 PM (view original):
I actually think that exhibition games have no effect whatsoever.  They may be helpful to play to experiment with the depth chart and distro, but I don't believe it makes any difference in development.
I had a few of my Scranton players in crum develop a few points In our exhibtions games yesterday and today. And I have seen it with some of my players on my other teams over the seasons.
12/29/2013 5:44 PM
I have never NOT scheduled exhibition games, so I couldn't answer the question....
12/29/2013 5:58 PM
2 of my players with my beloit team in crum team went up 6 during the exhibition tilts. It also works with tinkering with things and different lineups.
12/29/2013 6:46 PM
Yes, scheduling exhibition games do help your players improve, according to Admin a while back. To what degree or if the extra minutes played in OT matter, that I'm not sure of.  Even if it did, it's probably no more than a tenth of a point, it's marginal at best.
12/30/2013 12:39 AM
They go up partially because they have begun practicing. Would be interesting to test improvement in a no games vs 2 games. My guess is it does have a small effect. Players actually get to play and at least in learning O and D IQ it would help in reality. 
12/30/2013 12:40 AM
Posted by thewizard17 on 12/30/2013 12:40:00 AM (view original):
Yes, scheduling exhibition games do help your players improve, according to Admin a while back. To what degree or if the extra minutes played in OT matter, that I'm not sure of.  Even if it did, it's probably no more than a tenth of a point, it's marginal at best.
I did find a note that exhibitions do help player improvement, but I think the difference is really marginal.  Specifically, WE does not improve with exhibition play.  O & D IQ are only affected by practice and teams practice either way (with the strange exception of walk-ons).  So there may be some marginal effect, but you only need to look a few team's player improvement that haven't scheduled exhibitions to notice that they too improve.  
12/30/2013 11:38 AM
I'm on vacation and checking from a mobile device, so I didn't notice that I'd only successfully scheduled one of my two exhibition games. After the blank game one spot, I had only two players improve (1 pt and 2 pts).

I have six new recruits and six total freshman. I've never not scheduled before and I've never had such a lack of improvement preseason. I don't think it is a coincidence. I think the improvement from exhibition games is more than marginal, and I think any extra PT in OT has the same benefit it would have in a regular season game.
12/30/2013 12:21 PM
Posted by zbrent716 on 12/30/2013 12:21:00 PM (view original):
I'm on vacation and checking from a mobile device, so I didn't notice that I'd only successfully scheduled one of my two exhibition games. After the blank game one spot, I had only two players improve (1 pt and 2 pts).

I have six new recruits and six total freshman. I've never not scheduled before and I've never had such a lack of improvement preseason. I don't think it is a coincidence. I think the improvement from exhibition games is more than marginal, and I think any extra PT in OT has the same benefit it would have in a regular season game.
There might be something to that, but I often have freshmen that improve none or minimal in exhibition season. Including Clarence Eads on my Millsaps team who improved 112 points as a freshman and 99 with one training session remaining his sophomore season.
12/30/2013 12:41 PM

There is unquestionably a link between playing time in exhibition games and skill improvement.

(And yes, getting a few extra minutes in OT would enhance that, although obviously the impact is minimal given the small number of additional minutes.)

12/30/2013 2:51 PM
so, IF there was a way to manage the game plan to create say a multi OT exhibition game there could be an advantage....but I cant think of how to do that.
12/30/2013 2:57 PM
It's the "play to tie the game" button on the very bottom.  Left hand side.
12/30/2013 10:55 PM
correct
1/1/2014 4:08 PM
Posted by mullycj on 1/1/2014 4:08:00 PM (view original):
correct
Not correct.
1/1/2014 10:53 PM
123 Next ▸
Does OT in an exhibition enhance improvement? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.