I'm down to clown...if you`re down??? Topic

Posted by dvgagz on 1/3/2014 8:27:00 PM (view original):
Would love to see Live Play-by-Play so I can geek out and "watch" my team play. 
+1
Other things need fixing before this but I do love this idea.
1/3/2014 8:40 PM
Posted by thinair on 1/3/2014 12:23:00 PM (view original):
I really want a way to see single season stats of the past. It bothers me that when a player leaves we can only see their career numbers. 

Also going along with this I would like to have them keep the ratings.
1/3/2014 8:42 PM
Some of my ideas:
1. Job qualifications at the high division 1 level need to be lowered.
2. Firings need to be more frequent.
3. Advanced end of game management. (Ex. Different rosters for different situations: FT shooters, 3P shooters, defenders, etc.)
1/3/2014 8:53 PM
In man to man defense the ability to have your defender cover a specific player not just a position.
1/4/2014 4:17 AM
Posted by wvufan76 on 1/3/2014 7:49:00 PM (view original):
1) I would love to have a "save" gamplan feature, and give you two or three possible game plans to change on a per game basis.
2) Allow for game end substitute plan for foul shooters, ball handlers, or all defense fives, or allow for "must play feature" for last two minutes.
3) Designate match-ups on defense (starting five) by player not position if you play man/man defense.
All three of these would be great changes.
1/4/2014 8:08 AM
Posted by piman314 on 1/3/2014 4:24:00 PM (view original):
First 2 I've seen from a lot of people, 3rd one I'm just throwing out there.  

1.  Make the first recruiting window 24 hours (or 12 hours, or at least more than 2)
2.  Allow the coach to choose which attributes they want to see from the scouting report, even if it is just 1 per trip
3.  In the non-conference part of the schedule allow teams the option of playing home, away, or on a neutral court.  
As to number two ... Just add a half price scouting trip that can target one specific rating. For example you could go and say "I want ath"
Less recruiting value but gives specific information.

I don't know if its practical, but find away to allow for a combination of fatigue and target minutes: generally fatigue but guaranteeing certain players, say, ten minutes of playing time,

Alter the sim's recruiting habits - if they fail to recruit at least ten players, just fill the remaining slot in with low end players left in the recruiting pool at the end instead of placing a bunch of Walkons to avoid the nine man classes and the like.

Fix the practice minutes grid for sim teams to make it so they actually practice low post for guards now that low post actually matters for guards.

1/4/2014 8:20 AM
Posted by thinair on 1/3/2014 12:23:00 PM (view original):
I really want a way to see single season stats of the past. It bothers me that when a player leaves we can only see their career numbers. 

Boom!

I would also like to see a "Top 50" at each school, and/or a way to filter between the school's records and "your recruit(s)" records.

And stop deleting players, at least put them in some kind of "graveyard" where they still exist and you can view their stats.

1/4/2014 11:10 AM
Here is the five things I would love to see changed (in order of importance):

1. Change the way fouls are both determined by the engine and assessed to individual players.   - All too often I see teams that have more athleticism, speed, and defensive skill rack up more fouls than their less athletic and slower opponents; also, the seemingly random nature by which individual players are assessed fouls...having your best all-around player (or excellent defender) spend most of the game on the bench for the stupidest of fouls can kill your season.

2. Have the option of selecting individual defensive match-ups if you run a man-to-man defense.

3. Lower (or eliminate completely) the disparity between lower and upper classmen.   - Juniors and Seniors are already going to typically be better players because of their time to improve, but this is not always the case and punishing players simply because of what class they are currently in seems rather unnecessary.

4. Changed the way Scouting Trips work so that coaches can choose one skill that will be among those listed in the corresponding scouting report.   - Having to spend $1,500 just to find out a players level of potential in ball handling can be maddening, and not to mention could possibly be risky/detrimental at DII & DIII given the relatively little amount of information you gain at such a large price.

5. Change the end of game logic so that (a) your best shooters or scorer take the most important shots when playing from behind, and (b) so that your best free throw shooters have the ball in there hands when a team has the lead and the opponent is fouling intentionally.
1/4/2014 9:58 PM
1. Adding my voice to the call for specific match-ups in man-to-man defense.

2. Future Star Scouting option to scout players within 'x' miles, in addition to the current scout-by-state option.

3. Get rid of the ridiculously poor walk-on players. (I know the idea is to punish coaches for not filling rosters, but players in the 200s, even at D3, are just stupid imo)

4. Greater variance on freshmen entry IQs for Off/Def...having the rare freshman come in at an A or high B from time to time would make high school Off/Def more meaningful in recruiting. With players rarely starting better than a C IQ, there's really no penalty in completely ignoring Off/Def altogether in freshman recruiting because the progression from F to C takes place so quickly.

1/4/2014 10:19 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
How about you either contribute to this thread in the spirit that its posted, or complain in your complaint thread?
1/4/2014 11:02 PM
The other thing, if I were dreaming big, would be twofold: Introduce a new offense and defense. Then remove fast break and press as a separate offense and defense and make them each a plus/minus setting akin to the plus minus on interior vs perimeter defense(ie: -5 to plus five as options, From almost no press, to heavy press. From slow and steady to fast break at every opportunity)

Also, in terms of stats ... track things like second chance points, fast break points and such on a player by player basis. I would be really sorta interested to see who gets them on the tea at the end of the season.
1/4/2014 11:08 PM
be able to see team off/def when trying to schedule exhibition games for teams that want to try things out against certain styles of teams leading up to the season so they don't have to open 100 different teams to find the combo they are looking for
1/4/2014 11:12 PM
Posted by rednu on 1/4/2014 10:19:00 PM (view original):

2. Future Star Scouting option to scout players within 'x' miles, in addition to the current scout-by-state option.

3. Get rid of the ridiculously poor walk-on players. (I know the idea is to punish coaches for not filling rosters, but players in the 200s, even at D3, are just stupid imo)

4. Greater variance on freshmen entry IQs for Off/Def...having the rare freshman come in at an A or high B from time to time would make high school Off/Def more meaningful in recruiting. With players rarely starting better than a C IQ, there's really no penalty in completely ignoring Off/Def altogether in freshman recruiting because the progression from F to C takes place so quickly.

I really like #2
1/5/2014 12:05 AM
Posted by colonels19 on 1/5/2014 12:05:00 AM (view original):
Posted by rednu on 1/4/2014 10:19:00 PM (view original):

I really like #2
you could also have "Discount packages" - for example "Northeast region", "Southeast", "Midwest" etcetera.

1/5/2014 7:39 AM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
I'm down to clown...if you`re down??? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.