Recruiting pulldowns for DII question Topic

I'm not in the know and a terrible coach, so I'm looking for someone that has done this to help:

I had a DI recruit targeted to pull down.  The 4 o'clock cycle had him considering a D- DI sim school.

I sent him a phone call anyways, and I got

"Update on <recruit>, looks like we're a backup option right now. He thinks he's going to a 'big time' program."

Do I have any shot??  I'm A+ at DII for what it's worth, and am 200 miles away(equal with a sim)

1/3/2014 9:26 PM
could take up to 30 or 35 evals to pull him down, then you'd still have to battle the very tight D1 sim. Yes its (probably) doable, No its (probably)  not worth it.
1/3/2014 9:36 PM
Next question, has anyone successfully done this?     

1/3/2014 9:39 PM
Yeah. Just make sure the SIM isn't *very* tight or something like that. It's gonna be expensive though.
1/3/2014 10:01 PM
Just my take... I have no experience at d2 but I tried pulling a d2 guy down when he was VERY TIGHT with a d2 sim.... I was a d3 A- it took me about 45 scouting trips to pull him down and I had no money left over. Ill probably never attempt that again.
1/3/2014 10:37 PM
if he's very tight its going to take a ton to pull him down and take him from that school.  Just to pull him down you're looking at probably 20+ scouting visits and then to flip him its going to take probably another 20+ HV (just a guess of course)
1/4/2014 1:06 AM
Posted by bscoresby on 1/3/2014 9:26:00 PM (view original):
I'm not in the know and a terrible coach, so I'm looking for someone that has done this to help:

I had a DI recruit targeted to pull down.  The 4 o'clock cycle had him considering a D- DI sim school.

I sent him a phone call anyways, and I got

"Update on <recruit>, looks like we're a backup option right now. He thinks he's going to a 'big time' program."

Do I have any shot??  I'm A+ at DII for what it's worth, and am 200 miles away(equal with a sim)

You got yourself to an A+ so you must be doing something right as a coach.

Also yes it is possible and you can do it if you have the money but I generally find its not worth it. Sometimes though if its a player thats going to be a D2 stud then go for it.

1/4/2014 1:14 AM
I have found that pull downs are easiest to land at the very end of the recruiting period. Drop a little bit of money from the beginning to see if they are interested but don't waste your money trying to bring him down too early because a D1 program will swoop in and steal him. If he hasn't been contacted by D1 schools towards the end of the recruiting period he will be much easier and much cheaper to sign. Much less risk when you do it this way.
1/9/2014 12:27 PM
Recruiting pulldowns for DII question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.