best way to get a player to leave? Topic

Made a mistake with an INTL. Realizing that late, I promised him 10 minutes. If I play him 5 consistantly during the season, he's likely to leave due to broken promises right?
2/5/2014 7:02 PM
cut him
2/5/2014 7:51 PM
he'll probably leave if you break the promise. i promised a start once in desperation. his few high potentials turned black in the first couple practices so i didn't start him the rest of the year. he transferred. when he left he told me he was going to tell everyone i'm a liar, and my rep went from A+ to A-, but i was happy to take that for the extra recruiting cash
2/5/2014 11:02 PM
No matter what happens all you can do is increase the odds. I'd bet a little better than even money he'll leave. Odds go up if you did no play him at all. I only say this because I have a guy on my team whose lifelong dream was to play college basketball as an Oregon State Beaver. A few times every season he threatens to leave if he doesn't get more minutes. And then his work ethic drops. Despite my never giving him more minutes and basically crushing his boyhood dream he still continues to return to campus. He is now a disillusioned junior who has no drive or direction in his unfortunate life.

Note: No promises were made to this guy. 
2/5/2014 11:19 PM
knock up his gf
2/6/2014 1:12 AM
best way to get a player to leave? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.