Redshirting during Recruiting Topic

How much extra recruiting effort does it take if you inform of redshirt at D2 and D3?
2/8/2014 7:43 PM
Roughly 2-3 hv.
2/8/2014 10:08 PM
Great, thanks
2/8/2014 10:21 PM
i think it can take a maximum of 7 home visits, in any situation, if you have the bare minimum effort in to get guys considered. but with some guys, its 0. so it just depends. TJ, what do you use as a starting point? your numbers seem a bit low but if you use a bit more to get considered, that would make sense.

also, just to note, i believe there are players in d1 (i know this thread is d2/d3 but still) where 7 HVs is not enough. that didn't used to be the case, it was 7 HVs minimum, anywhere, i believe. now i actually think some players in d1 refuse to take redshirts no matter what, at least from certain schools.
2/9/2014 6:13 PM
I don't have a ton of experience at d1 but I throw the rs on d2 players pretty often. Early in recruiting most players Will consider you with 3 hvs. Some will consider with 2. When I throw the rs on, 3 hvs almost always bring him back.
2/9/2014 7:37 PM
I don't think that answers your question. I think my starting point would be close to the mini'm um of being considered.
2/9/2014 7:38 PM
So - If I am recruiting an upper classman at D1 and announce plans to redshirt him, Do you think an upper classman (Junior) would be harder to convince to redshirt? How many HVs would anyone recommend?
3/13/2014 6:11 PM
I think there are some kids for some schools where the requirement is higher and some where it is lower.  
3/13/2014 11:15 PM
Redshirting during Recruiting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.